Bill Gates says a 3-day work week where 'machines can make all the food and stuff' isn't a bad idea

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Most places can get by with a 3 day work week to be honest.

"Most of the work we do is — as the late anthropologist David Graeber said — bullshyt. It doesn’t matter. Its only real purpose is to make billionaires even more money than they can ever spend. It has no deeper purpose or reason whatsoever."

This guy got a great account. Don't know why the posts won't embed though.
Change Twitter to X

bnew

Veteran
Daps
He seems to be underselling A.I. a bit here. He said it wouldn't be as impactful as the industrial revolution. If ASI is acheived it would seem like human labor would no longer be needed period. In addition we'd could solve major issues (climate change, poverty, disease etc).

@bnew

I think AGI is when a lot of human labor won't be needed, you don't need super intelligence to replace 90%+ of human labor.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
la1SGP.gif

Bruh what the hell :laff:

Hit that fool with a pie like a cartoon. That smile disappeared real quick :laff:

Where the fukk was his bodyguards lmaooooo

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think AGI is when a lot of human labor won't be needed, you don't need super intelligence to replace 90%+ of human labor.
True. And ASI could happen rather quickly after AGI if its a fast takeoff scenario. I was just objecting his notion that AI wont be as impactful as the industrial revolution.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
True. And ASI could happen rather quickly after AGI if its a fast takeoff scenario. I was just objecting his notion that AI wont be as impactful as the industrial revolution.

ASI will likely lead to us re-engineering how we live. it doesn't matter what politicians say, if one country decides to go full speed ahead with deploying ideas and inventions by an ASI that significantly improves the lives of people within said country, people will mass migrate if allowed and other countries will change their stance or become less relevant.

Last edited:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
This man been wealthy for decades. No real perception on how Earth people live day to day.

Majority of the countries minimum wage is still $7

Unless there is UBI included with the robots, there will be anarchy.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of The Ocean
fukk him

Are u going to get paid for the other 2 days?

Are they going to change rent/mortgage , food prices, utilities etc to match a 3 day work week

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ASI is when we likely lead to us re-engineering how we live. it doesn't matter what politicians say, if one country decides to go full speed ahead with deploying ideas and inventions by an ASI that significantly improves the lives on people within said country, people will mass migrate if allowed and other countries will change their stance or become less relevant.
Interesting take. I could see more collectivist societies like China and South Korea implementing ideas from ASI that benefit society as a whole.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is a John Maynard Keynes idea. I worry about purpose in a world without work, especially as we are clearly seeking to automate creativity. But the upsides to AI revolution are world changing in a positive way, if we can do it in an orderly fashion...(I know :mjlol: ).

If you think about it, slaving away at something you're not only not interested in, but that can be soul-crushing for 40+ years of your existence is no way to truly live your life. Preagriculture age, life was harsh, but we could spend a few hours scrounging for food and then just chill the rest of the day. Imagine having most of the day to yourself like the pre-ag age, but the technology of the AI revolution. You'll have time for family, friends, interests...I just hope we still have purpose. And I hope it doesn't turn into a tool for malevolence by the elite or terrorists...(again I know...:mjlol:)