Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about caring or things like that. It's how dangerous these publications are, because plenty of people who are just starting to get into music are reading these. It adds more into mediocrity that we've been having in this genre.

I bet they wouldn't disrespect Rock music like that. They would never put a legend like Jimi Hendrix outside of top 10, but in here they're allowed to pick mediocrity over quality.

LOL.

Even with this, you'd still have someone somewhere mad that Hendrix even made the Top 10.

Truthfully speaking, any list in regard to art is disrespectful to the art. It isn't even something that should be ranked or quantified by a number, but here we are. You'd have people argue in favor of lists based on the competitive nature of Hip Hop, and if that's the argument, then take the lists with a grain of salt and keep it moving.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way cacs and hipsters see Big Boi is so fukking weird. Do they have a version of Outkast records without him or some shyt.....

He outrapped Andre on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik not even debatable and it was close on ATLiens but I think more (who aren't purely Andre dikkriders) would probably say Big Boi got the better of more of the songs.

Andre really only started separating himself with Aquemini. Then he had Stankonia where Big Boi still got the better of some of those tracks I mean BOB is one of their biggest records and Big Boi got em. Then they had the half and half.

And again Big Boi had a solo career. SLLF wasn't just a solo debut it was one of the best rap records of 2010. Did great critically and commercially and Big Boi has other good solos too... Meanwhile they reduced to talkin bout Andre features lol.... That wasn't even a criteria. These nikkas retarded.

It isn't just cacs and Hipsters who disrespect Big Boi. It's so called Ouktast fans and people who only prop Big Boi in response to Andre 3000 being rated. The true crime is Big Boi not being topic of discussion until Andre 3000 is brought up. Big Boi has several solo albums, but people don't even mention them until they see Andre 3000 trending or becoming a topic.

And no, Big Boi wasn't out rapping Andre 3000 on SPCM. This was near neck and neck. The separation in skill was always preference. If you preferred fly talk and straight up bars with storytelling, consciousness, and introspection sprinkled in, then Big Boi was your guy. If you preferred thought provoking poetic introspection with storytelling, consciousness, and a little bit of fly talk sprinkled in, then Andre 3000 was your guy. They balanced each other.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
LOL.

Even with this, you'd still have someone somewhere mad that Hendrix even made the Top 10.

Truthfully speaking, any list in regard to art is disrespectful to the art. It isn't even something that should be ranked or quantified by a number, but here we are. You'd have people argue in favor of lists based on the competitive nature of Hip Hop, and if that's the argument, then take the lists with a grain of salt and keep it moving.
Yea I understand you.
No other artwork gets disrespected that much though. Because ignorance has been allowed to thrive in Hip Hop for years. Therefore all these magazines see no problem in trolling for attention.

Even in movies where a lot of bullshyt gets selected.... If some magazine was rating greatest movies of all time, or even greatest actors of all time, no credible writer would put somebody like Keanu Reeves in top 20 of all time. Because the guy can't carry a movie by himself, he needs a great script and could never improvise something great outta nowhere like the all time great actors.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The way cacs and hipsters see Big Boi is so fukking weird. Do they have a version of Outkast records without him or some shyt.....

He outrapped Andre on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik not even debatable and it was close on ATLiens but I think more (who aren't purely Andre dikkriders) would probably say Big Boi got the better of more of the songs.

Andre really only started separating himself with Aquemini. Then he had Stankonia where Big Boi still got the better of some of those tracks I mean BOB is one of their biggest records and Big Boi got em. Then they had the half and half.

And again Big Boi had a actual solo career. SLLF wasn't just a solo debut it was one of the best rap records of 2010. Did great critically and commercially and Big Boi has other good solos too... Meanwhile they reduced to talkin bout Andre features lol.... That wasn't even a criteria. These nikkas retarded.
It’s the weirdest shyt ever.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

And again Big Boi had a actual solo career. SLLF wasn't just a solo debut it was one of the best rap records of 2010. Did great critically and commercially and Big Boi has other good solos too... Meanwhile they reduced to talkin bout Andre features lol.... That wasn't even a criteria. These nikkas retarded.
Yea that shyt is really fukked up and disrespectful. I think that YesJewelz chic tried to pop off at the mouth and say some shyt about if Outkast was just Andre and no Big Boi and they flamed her dumb ass up. But shyt like that is why I hate when they try to determine who is and who isn't great in our culture and fukk that. Aint no hipster cac who just started listening to my music (yea I said my music fukk yall) gonna try to slick disrespect our artist and try to omit everything they've done culturally. This is the danger when white writers or personalities start doing shyt like this. People start repeating it and before you know it they start calling our greats bums or just straight up disrespectful. Big Boi's solo career alone needs to be respected and stands up with most rappers they drool over. I love 3K and everything but enough is enough. He hasn't put in the work and released enough shyt IMO to be considered better than Big Boi off of features.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
50. Rick Ross
49. Rev Run
48. Melle Mel
47. MC Lyte
46. Jadakiss
45. Ice-T
44. Queen Latifah
43. Bun B
42. Redman
41. E-40
40. Dr. Dre
39. Ludacris
38. Gucci Mane
37. Common
36. Mos Def
35. Future
34. Chuck D
33. Busta Rhymes
32. T.I
31. Lil Kim
30. Lauryn Hill
29. Pusha T
28. Black Thought
27. Q-Tip
26. Big Pun
25. Method Man
24. KRS-One
23. Kurtis Blowe
22. Ghostface Killah
21. DMX
20. Big Daddy Kane
19. Missy Elliot
18. Ice Cube
17. 50 Cent
16. Scarface
15. J Cole
14. LL Cool J
13. Rakim
12. Andre 3000
11. Kanye West

They will release 10 every week with the Final 10 being released the week of Feb. 6. Celebrating 50 years of Hip-Hop

CRITERIA
From there, the teams took into account the following criteria, not in any particular order: body of work/achievements (charted singles/albums, gold/platinum certifications), cultural impact/influence (how the artist’s work fostered the genre’s evolution), longevity (years at the mic), lyrics (storytelling skills) and flow (vocal prowess
I really hate lists..

Im all for giving flowers to pioneers but Kurtis Blow in the top 25 is insane. Lil Kim never wrote shyt in her life..

Im 80s, 90s, early 2K to the heart... but some of these people dont have the catalogue. Pun can rap circles around damn near any rapper. but 26?? He had one album?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
So they’re going to have Raekwon in the top 10? No way he’s left off the list with a top 5 album + Wu work.

EDIT: looks like they left off GZA in favor of all time greats like Ludacris & missy fukking elliot

If Dre is on there, known mostly for producing and not rapping...then why no RZA?

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

repped

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Raekwon over Ghostface to represent the Wu for the top ten would be WILD

Yea…I mean OB4CL is a top 2 album to me, and right now it’s my fav all time…but Ghost’s overall career is better w/o a doubt

Ghost has 2 undeniable classics, along with other works that are near classic and have classic songs.