Billionaire divorce uncovers secretive world of trusts in South Dakota

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Damn, if I miss your post I am sorry. But I wasn’t trying to diss you, It’s not personal we are just talking. I don’t take every conversation had to every thread I just take your post at face value.

If I was mistaken, my fault. It just looked funny to me.

And I agree with your point that a good woman is essential, And a woman with those qualities definitely will be an asset to a man with drive. I wasn’t saying a successful man is better off with no woman at all by his side. I was saying any other good woman would have had the same effect, that’s why I pointed out toxic ones being the exceptions.

I’m not saying they can marry ANY other woman and get that same support system. But they also didn’t luck up and marry that one special woman who made him a billionaire by simply being his wife either :francis:

And considering she didn’t seem to have any businesses going on for herself, just a bunch of possessions, I’m not seeing where those qualities apply here anyway. He got 2 billion, they are years if not decades beyond the point he needs her to fall back while he do all the grinding.

All that being said I still say she deserve at least a cool 100 million considering the time she put in, the struggle she went thru with him, and the fact he the one filing :ehh:

Last edited:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
If I was mistaken, my fault. It just looked funny to me.

And I agree with your point that a good woman is essential, And a woman with those qualities definitely will be an asset to a man with drive. I wasn’t saying a successful man is better off with no woman at all by his side. I was saying any other good woman would have had the same effect, that’s why I pointed out toxic ones being the exceptions.

I’m not saying they can marry ANY other woman and get that same support system. But they also didn’t luck up and marry that one special woman who made him a billionaire by simply being his wife either :francis:

And considering she didn’t seem to have any businesses going on for herself, just a bunch of possessions, I’m not seeing where those qualities apply here anyway. He got 2 billion, they are years if not decades beyond the point he needs her to fall back while he do all the grinding.

All that being said I still say she deserve at least a cool 100 million considering the time she put in, the struggle she went thru with him, and the fact he the one filing :ehh:

to be fair someone did point out how useful was she if she doesn’t even know where he is putting his money.

but my post was more so in general, that a good woman can add value.
:salute:

Daps
That’s not what happening listen to the stories. Tim Duncan’s[?] advisor literally forged checks to steal money. People want to find a way to blame the athletes but they’re doing what most of us do with advisors. I can’t stop a guy at Charles Schwab from spending all my investment money on his buddies’ penny stocks scheme if he really wants to. But some of these advisors feel entitled to steal.

me personally for that reason I’d never use an advisor if I was rich. Too many people angling to steal.

Good points.

I think most athletes should just park their money in a savings account and sit on it while learning how to handle their own business.

Everyone....especially at their level needs a good accountant to help with complex IRS/tax issues, a damn good lawyer and a financial planner/advisor. Keep the money under your control but find people that can give advice. Don't have others set up stuff FOR you, just let them give tips and then cross check with other professionals to see what they say.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
So how do the different kinds of trusts work....revocable, irrevocable, blind etc?

Which ones work best under in your opinion?

Always felt like that was something a lot of pro athletes should use but never do from the looks of it. Most of them get married after they made big money yet ALWAYS get fleeced.
It has to be irrevocable for it to work

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Be cheap. Keep your cost of living low. You don't even want to allude to the fact that you have other sources of income. If you living large but your wife is only aware of your salary questions might be raised as to how you are able to sustain a high roller lifestyle without any other assets or income but a salary.
Or you just boss up on ya bytch without her knowing the new monies you're really getting. This is the best way. I had a good digger girl friend once. I got promoted and had a lot of extra and she only asked for what she was already used to getting. Mama told me something when I was a teen and it always stuck with me. "Don't ever let a woman know how much you make" basically when you get that promotion or better job don't let her know how much more money it really is. Even if you have to make it sound like a lateral move:yeshrug:. Im about to start selling products online, my wife knows, but she has no idea the projected profit im about to make. Going to put my house in a trust when I get my bread up too.