Billions - Season 4 (March 17th 2019/Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Am I correct that Taylor basically told John Malcovich's character to put a hit out on some guys in one of the earlier episodes this year?

If so, I think Wendy has NO idea what Taylor is capable of when backed into a corner. The fact that she thinks she has a perfect psychological understanding of everyone around her might be blinding her to the fact that people do unpredictable/irrational things, even "robotic" people.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Wendy’s heel turn is horrible.

Looking back, I can't make sense of her motivation. What exactly did Taylor do to her? What does Wendy have to gain by going above and beyond what Axe wants her to do?

Is it supposed to be she's taking out her anger at Chuck by bullying someone else? I can't see how this will bring her financial gains either.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Hes rich and has power. Why he would want to subject himself to that gay shyt in itself is ether.

Because at heart he wants to be accepted in a good ol' boys circle even if he has a too cool for school attitude.

so facts. :deadrose: Those conversations do get over the top tho, with all the obscure references and hyperbole. No redeeming value. Chuck and Axe need to go. I think they're going to try to take out Chuck's demon father first, off that property deal. Axe with the Russian mafia.
and I used to think that Wendy was the voice of reason. She's just as bad as everyone else with the same agenda- straight up opportunist. She was ready to dump Chuck, like she did the juice stock and throw Axe under the bus when she thought he was facing those SEC charges, did the same thing to Taylor.

Kind of ironic, that Taylor the androgynous robot is the only one with half a heart in the show- she's the only one who at least has some moral compass as far as empathy.
I can't stand Axe's new girlfriend - Lara was ruthless but tolerable. That chick sucks the air out the room in every scene with that face and voice of hers, how she talks :huhldup:
They under-utilize the black woman D.A. , she needs more of a role (minus the bedwenching)- but at least she's relatable in her conflict of being a black woman in a white male dominated industry and the inner conflicts; and the lawyer with the afro whose always eating a burger or stuffing food in his face, in damn near every scene that he's in. :deadmanny:

I call that Black lawyer with the afro Hormel West.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Am I correct that Taylor basically told John Malcovich's character to put a hit out on some guys in one of the earlier episodes this year?

If so, I think Wendy has NO idea what Taylor is capable of when backed into a corner. The fact that she thinks she has a perfect psychological understanding of everyone around her might be blinding her to the fact that people do unpredictable/irrational things, even "robotic" people.
That's what I'm confused about too.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
She didn't ask him to put out a hit. She asked him to use his resources to disrupt things. They both obviously knew Axe was trying to sabotage Taylor more subtly, so she asked or suggested.

Found a transcript here. You can see why its confusing:
Billions (2016) s04e02 Episode Script | SS

I have to face Grigor alone.
I hope he doesn't
recognize that I did it.
What are the chances of that?
If he does know, he's either going
to take them out or take me out.

[Grigor] I bring what to
most would be bad news.
The Kozlovs, the men
who wanted to give you money,
have had some reversals and
no longer have money to give.
I suppose that is bad news. For me.
[Taylor] But for you
these friends are overextended.
Perhaps you could rescue them or
and I'm just thinking out loud here
take them out.

[Taylor] They are vulnerable. Prone.
You could buy all their assets
for pennies on the dollar.
Your idea of fun is to dangle
my friends in front of Axe
and watch him feed on them?
I'm feeding them to you.
Axe just cut 'em down
into digestible bites.
This is a course of action
only the nastiest of
the Bratva would take.
It is also what I thought
you might say, and do.

When they said "take them out" I thought she was saying to have them murdered. But from reading recaps of that episode, everyone seems to think she was just saying to BUY them out.