Bitcoin Growing Pains Even More Pronounced as Price Takes a Dive

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
The tendency of people to think that what happened in the past is going to keep repeating in the same pattern has the potential to cause a lot of people to lose a lot of money here. There's a whole generational of amateur traders out there who only know to buy the dips. This is extremely dangerous for an asset that has no underlying value and can basically be replicated by anyone.
At the end of the day if you’re only use money you don’t mind losing then it’s not a big deal one way or another.

It’s like gambling. Shouldn’t be put in the same category as an investment like a retirement fund where you have to worry about losing your savings near retirement age and it being a life changing disaster.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
At the end of the day if you’re only use money you don’t mind losing then it’s not a big deal one way or another.

It’s like gambling. Shouldn’t be put in the same category as an investment like a retirement fund where you have to worry about losing your savings near retirement age and it being a life changing disaster.
If you don't mind losing your money, then send it my way.

You're now phrasing it like this is just gambling and that's fine, but more often than not, I am seeing people who only understand this on a superficial level urging other people to put their money in as well thinking that it is just a one-way bet up. These get rich quick schemes have a tendency to crash down hard sooner than later.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
If you don't mind losing your money, then send it my way.

You're now phrasing it like this is just gambling and that's fine, but more often than not, I am seeing people who only understand this on a superficial level urging other people to put their money in as well thinking that it is just a one-way bet up. These get rich quick schemes have a tendency to crash down hard sooner than later.
Are you giving me an increase in what I put in and allowing me to cash that back out in USD (which I've done several times already)?

Right now 90% of my money in it is house money and I've already recovered my initial buyin.

I've always said if you're spending money you mind losing and taking on debt to do this, you're dumb as shyt. No one with any legit understanding of this is recommending anyone does this. Everyone I know who is seriously into this tells people to always expect the possibility to lose money and never use money you're not willing to lose.

There maybe a day it comes crashing down permenately and that is that. Until then play smart and have fun. Don’t be stupid.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are you giving me an increase in what I put in and allowing me to cash that back out in USD (which I've done several times already)?

Right now 90% of my money in it is house money and I've already recovered my initial buyin.

I've always said if you're spending money you mind losing and taking on debt to do this, you're dumb as shyt. No one with any legit understanding of this is recommending anyone does this. Everyone I know who is seriously into this tells people to always expect the possibility to lose money and never use money you're not willing to lose.
No, Ill just be keeping it :lolbron:

The problem is that amateur traders generally dont have discipline to follow those rules. If you are making money on this, then all the more power to you breh

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
No, Ill just be keeping it :lolbron:

The problem is that amateur traders generally dont have discipline to follow those rules. If you are making money on this, then all the more power to you breh
This is true. Personally I’ve always maintained a budget that says don’t use money you wouldn’t use to go to the movies or go out to eat. I’ve decreased my consumption of frivolities by doing this and instead put it towards something more valuable than eating chili’s or something. Either way it’s money that wouldn’t be used for anything beneficial.

I’m buying crypto instead of video games. Probably for the best. :mjlol:

nonumbmind

Rookie
Daps
Last thing you should do is get a loan/mortgage or use money you can't afford to lose, to buy bitcoins.
Another good advice is keep a l percentage of your net worth is in bitcoin.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Coinbase, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, said all buying and selling was temporarily disabled during today’s rout, after having delays in processing wire transfers and verifying new customers for the past week due to higher traffic.
This scares me more than anything else. How is this not artificially pumping the market?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
This scares me more than anything else. How is this not artificially pumping the market?

Actually the big boys on wall street will halt stocks, commodities, options and futures if a 10% drop happens.

The difference here is this piece of shyt exchange (coinbase) just stopped because it cant handle the volume.