"Black America Must Stop the Blame Game and Ask What Are WE Doing Wrong?"

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
The rhetoric is cool, but I'm way passed the rhetoric and debate at this point, I go out of my way to intervene. White people do it for their "weak links" so I'm following that blueprint. The greatest feeling is helping one of my people's get ahead.

The widespread indifference and apathy is our biggest problem. Lack of maturity, insight, self-control, discipline, character is what I try to help people overcome through example and direct intervention. The greatest feeling is helping one of my people's get ahead.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Fukk outta here with this empty and dishonest contribution. When I hear and read bullshyt like this, its my cue to tune you out and think less of you.
lets build breh and not fight and derail this thread. We NEED threads like this to stay positive and informative. Put us on to some of these black businesses. Maybe myself and others reading this will go out and support now that we know it exists. Maybe post some local businesses in your area.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
We can change for the better all we want and we'll still be under their thumb.
very true. which is why I think the only way we'll truly be happy is by completely separating ourselves from whites. I think we need to take the stigma out of the word "segregation". There's nothing wrong with all black communities. or all Asian communities. or all white,arab, jewish or indian communities. Every race/culture is TOOO different too peacefully co-habitat with each other. And on top of all of that, I believe that Whites NATURALLY feel like they are better than every other race. Its just in their DNA to feel superior to every one else. Whoever attempts to live among whites will always be subject to white supremacy. The White Man may truly be the Devil and im not even into religion like that

Incogno

Pro
Daps
everyone has lots of pride...but little humility

the truth is a lot black people strengthen white supremacy

and white supremacy exists because of insecurity...superiority complex(hides feelings of inferiority)...but for some reason a lot of people don't see this...they see white people as gods among men...when they are apart of mankind just like everyone else...

what is disheartening to me is the complaints are not mostly about white supremacy basically saying "having white skin means you are the physical manifestation of what is "right"...and "good"

but..." we don't we "own" anything"

"we have no "power"

who cares about power when white supremacy is basically saying since you are a dark skin black man that makes you nefarious?!?..or animalistic?!?

and you know what encourages this view?...the majority of rap music.......but no one wants to talk about that

i'll tell you this right now..i don't care about power as a black woman...i care about acknowledging that character defines us as individuals...i'm fine with enjoying the simple things in life....

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
very true. which is why I think the only way we'll truly be happy is by completely separating ourselves from whites. I think we need to take the stigma out of the word "segregation". There's nothing wrong with all black communities.

How can we separate from white supremacy in a country based off of it?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
yep. just because "Whites Only" signs aren't visible now doesn't mean the fight is over. Its almost like we are content being the white man's lap dog. happy to eat his leftovers. I especially liked what he said about other races coming here and starting their own businesses while we still own nothing. We really have no excuses anymore. Like I said before, I think our biggest problem is being naïve of white supremacy in the 1st place.

That's the crazy part because black folks were happy with just having the white's only sign taken down. Yes that was accomplished and the voting was accomplished; but what did it do for us. It just made racism less noticeable and not so much in your face.

We as blacks should have fought for businesses, power and money; not to be accepted. Also; the sad part with black folks is that for the rest of the others to understand white supremacy; you actually have to break it down and give a definition on what white supremacy is.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Won't get better until we identify and ostracize those detrimental to the advancement of black.

We need a purge. We're the only race who refuse to let some of ours go.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rhetoric is cool, but I'm way passed the rhetoric and debate at this point, I go out of my way to intervene. White people do it for their "weak links" so I'm following that blueprint. The greatest feeling is helping one of my people's get ahead.

The widespread indifference and apathy is our biggest problem. Lack of maturity, insight, self-control, discipline, character is what I try to help people overcome through example and direct intervention. The greatest feeling is helping one of my people's get ahead.

First step to restoring economic power in the communities we live in, and stop allowing outsiders to like the Asians and arabs to get rep the benefits of the black dollar without allowing the money to circulate within the community

In order to do that real black men have take over the local political offices, the c00ns have to go, and when have to force our win through the local politics, by hook or by crook

For an example in Detroit I can't open up a liquor even if I have the means because they won't allow anyone to get the license you need to do so anymore, I would have to buy a store from arab in order to get a liquor store

Blacks can easily force them out, but organizing black people to do one thing is the problem we face
we would nearly have to boycott all those corners for a few months and they would go out of business be forced to sell the stores

If we're not moving in unit as a community, utilizing group tactics and implicating strategy, nothing will ever change

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
lets build breh and not fight and derail this thread. We NEED threads like this to stay positive and informative. Put us on to some of these black businesses. Maybe myself and others reading this will go out and support now that we know it exists. Maybe post some local businesses in your area.

Black-Owned Businesses
  • There were 1.9 million black-owned businesses in 2007, up 60.5 percent from 2002. Receipts of these businesses totaled $137.4 billion, up 55.1 percent from 2002.

• Asian-Owned Businesses
    • There were 1.6 million Asian-owned businesses in 2007, up 40.7 percent from 2002. Receipts of these businesses totaled $513.9 billion, up 57.3 percent from 2002.
    • Hispanic-Owned Businesses
      • The number of Hispanic-owned businesses totaled 2.3 million in 2007, up 43.6 percent from 2002. Receipts of these businesses totaled $345.2 billion, up 55.5 percent from 2002.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/economic_census/cb10-107.html

There are population differences between the respective groups of course, but as you can see there's plenty to be encouraged about ---- namely the fact that out of the three groups blacks experienced the greatest amount of growth per owned businesses from 2002-07.

My retorts are sharp at times, and I obviously dont think you're dumb, but I feel like statements like the one you made earlier are products of self-loathing, and an attempt to cheapen the conversation by painting American black people as culturally inferior. The same goes with hip hop. If we are using data and research to appraise the value of hip hop, then any correlative analysis and relationship investigation would show that hip hop has been a net positive. Simply put, crime is way down in the hip hop era, while educational attainment and economic growth move in the inverse. These are things you have to know. Lets have a broader and serious understanding of the OVERALL black experience and condition in America in order to avoid making blanketed toxic statements, and reducing all black people into an unproductive mass of people.

One love.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How can we separate from white supremacy in a country based off of it?
We've done it before breh. We just have to have the collective mindset of WANTING it. We have to all be on the same page and have some racial pride. Like somebody else said, the only time we come together Is when one of us is killed. Also in my opinion "Black Pride" is at an all-time low. Right now we're just happy to be able to purchase J's and other white name-brands these rappers shout out.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think black people attack each other more than enough actually.
Yeah

@PhonZhi

We have countless older blacks, plus c00ns, plus those that hate poor blacks, plus white supremacist, and elite blacks ALL going in on black people NoNSTop for over 50 years...

Then we have positive blacks that still speak on personal responsibility.... like Farrakhan, some black conservatives, ... I guess even people like Bill Cosby(fukkboys)... who speak NoNSTop about personal responsibility.

Then on a local level many people aren't even fully aware of the effects of white supremacy, racial politics, government infiltration, war on drugs, and the new jim crow... etc. So they blame black this black or that black foe EVERY single thing.

We definitely do need to be Fully aware of the war against us... that doesn't prevent us from progressing.

shyt initially one of the things we Did Do Wrong was being comfortable with being unaware as a community.... that's how we got in these positions in the first place

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/economic_census/cb10-107.html

There are population differences between the respective groups of course, but as you can see there's plenty to be encouraged about ---- namely the fact that out of the three groups blacks experienced the greatest amount of growth per owned businesses from 2002-07.

My retorts are sharp at times, and I obviously dont think you're dumb, but I feel like statements like the one you made earlier are products of self-loathing, and an attempt to cheapen the conversation by painting American black people as culturally inferior. The same goes with hip hop. If we are using data and research to appraise the value of hip hop, then any correlative analysis and relationship investigation would show that hip hop has been a net positive. Simply put, crime is way down in the hip hop era, while educational attainment and economic growth move in the inverse. These are things you have to know. Lets have a broader and serious understanding of the OVERALL black experience and condition in America in order to avoid making blanketed toxic statements, and reducing all black people into an unproductive mass of people.

One love.
I purposely have refrained from bringing up hiphop for once. Didn't want this thread to go offtopic. Ive never said rap was the sole cause of anything, let alone crime rates. But I 10000% believe that it keeps us(especially certain youth) in a negative/stagnant mindstate. I believe its influence is stronger than people give it credit for. I believe its conditioning us to hate, fear and distrust ourselves. And I don't even have to to bring up the excessive materialism and promiscuity that it promotes. But we'll agree to disagree on that topic. Appreciate the stats on black businesses tho

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think convincing mass numbers of us to SACRIFICE is gonna be the biggest hurdle. Its like no one is PASSIONATE about our people anymore. I remember a scene from my favorite movie ever Malcolm X where Angela Bassett told Malcolm that she feels sorry for him sometimes because he was so passionate yet so young. No change is gonna come without SACRIFICE. and when i say sacrifice i mean willing to pv one's life on the line
First step to restoring economic power in the communities we live in, and stop allowing outsiders to like the Asians and arabs to get rep the benefits of the black dollar without allowing the money to circulate within the community

In order to do that real black men have take over the local political offices, the c00ns have to go, and when have to force our win through the local politics, by hook or by crook

For an example in Detroit I can't open up a liquor even if I have the means because they won't allow anyone to get the license you need to do so anymore, I would have to buy a store from arab in order to get a liquor store

Blacks can easily force them out, but organizing black people to do one thing is the problem we face
we would nearly have to boycott all those corners for a few months and they would go out of business be forced to sell the stores

If we're not moving in unit as a community, utilizing group tactics and implicating strategy, nothing will ever change

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I think convincing mass numbers of us to SACRIFICE is gonna be the biggest hurdle. Its like no one is PASSIONATE about our people anymore. I remember a scene from my favorite movie ever Malcolm X where Angela Bassett told Malcolm that she feels sorry for him sometimes because he was so passionate yet so young. No change is gonna come without SACRIFICE. and when i say sacrifice i mean willing to pv one's life on the line

This is the problem, people discount or down play any type of intervention if its not dramatic.

As far as I'm concerned, every little thing counts. If all you can do is drop a jewel on a young'n, that's better than looking for the next Malcolm X.

@bdizzle said it best, people rather be all talk then do something.