'Black Canary' | HBO Max | starring Jurnee Smollett

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Lovecraft? Good?
full

Good shows :mjlol:

Underground was perfect! And the reason it got canceled was pure racism.

Lovecraft Country was good until they killed off Tic.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Lovecraft Country was good until they killed off Tic.
So you’re saying it was good for basically its entire run, then? ‘Tic died in one of the last scenes of the very last episode of the show.

I liked Lovecraft Country overall, and I thought there were points where it was really great (the 1st and 3rd episodes, particularly), but in the end I find myself more drawn to the book.

I honestly didn't even know LC was even supposed to have a second season until HBO announced they cancelled it. They wrapped everything up at the end of the first one.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
So you’re saying it was good for basically its entire run, then? ‘Tic died in one of the last scenes of the very last episode of the show.

I liked Lovecraft Country overall, and I thought there were points where it was really great (the 1st and 3rd episodes, particularly), but in the end I find myself more drawn to the book.

I honestly didn't even know LC was even supposed to have a second season until HBO announced they cancelled it. They wrapped everything up at the end of the first one.
Yeah I liked it but I can understand how some might not like the concepts it dealt with. I just hated how Tic had to die and the subtext behind it.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
That Birds of a Prey movie was basura.

This will definitely be redemption. Great actress, great director and black excellence. I'm in.
Yeah it should have been told from the perspective of huntress. Harley cool but she can't carry a whole movie. A scene or two maybe but not a movie. Jurnee was a pleasant surprise.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Part of the box office failure of TSS was the stink of the first Suicide Squad so I find it hard to believe the general audience who rejected Birds of prey will support a solo Black Canary film.

It's on HBO Max though, not a theatrical release. All they have to do is put it on the homepage and people will watch :manny:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Misha green is writing this
I guess she can do it.
I bet this has more to do with her going to Apple than Black Canary. they just needed to give her another project

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Yeah it should have been told from the perspective of huntress. Harley cool but she can't carry a whole movie. A scene or two maybe but not a movie. Jurnee was a pleasant surprise.
I agree, the new Suicide Squad did a great job of executing Harleys character well with chaotic fukkery around her plus you can't make a PG13 fukkery film.

Jurnee was just in the wrong film. Pin a great director around her and she's golden. Keep her away from Tyler perry films though. :scusthov: