Black Civil Rights Activist: Bruce Springsteen is more black than Jay-Z & Beyonce

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
wow

thoughts?

THR: Back to the occasion of the award for your acting career. Are you happy with the image of members of minorities in Hollywood today?

Belafonte: Not at all. They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking. We are not determinated. We are not driven by some technology that says you can kill Afghans, the Iraqis or the Spanish. It is all -- excuse my French -- shyt. It is sad. And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility. That goes for Jay-Z and Beyonce, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black.

Read more: Harry Belafonte Condemns Jay-Z And Beyonce (DETAILS) | Global Grind

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Impartially contributes........

belafonte.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

images

mcssva.jpg

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
btw this is the same guy who married a white women, whose kids then married white.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand where Harry is coming from in his criticism of Jay Z and Beyonce just because he is from a time where it was a black celebrities duty to be socially active in a major way. He could have expressed himself better though and just completely left off the whole "Springsteen is black" thing.

he means well but he's a cornball, this is the same dude that was supporting edwards over obama back in 2008, apparently edwards was blacker

He supported Edwards solely based on Edwards running on an a platform that explicitly focused on the poor. It still amazes me how anyone who wasn't/isn't sucking Obama's nuts gets disrespected so easily even those who have an established history of fighting for civil rights like Belafonte.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I wont talk shyt about Belafonte, because he did a lot for us in a time period that black folks needed it a lot.

However, I think he's out of line. Even though I think Jay and B have a social responsibility to do more, I won't hate them if they don't.

Hell what have I done?