Black Civil Rights Activist: Bruce Springsteen is more black than Jay-Z & Beyonce

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
As a black if you don't care about your own and don't look to better your people then you're a c00n. Point blank if you don't like it tough. I'm black, I'm Jamaican, I'm the fukking man your parents wish they raised.
I've posted a picture of my hand so you can stop the white character assassination whenever if ever you feel like being a man.

Jay has the ability and is in the position to do things for black people. Why shouldn't he? I know I do, and will continue to as long as I'm alive. It's obvious the type of negro you will grow up to be. Are you even black by the way? Hope to catch you on what of these podcasts "brother".

Giving back to their community, helping their fellow man would be a good start. Instead they act as though their above it all. Let that set in.

:merchant::merchant::ohhh:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So, not being a super social activist makes you less black?:childplease:

if you black in america it is understood that you have a responsibility to your people. period.

im not making a judgement on this particular situation with jay, beyonce, or bruce springsteen because i dont know enough about their respective social contributions or their business ventures to call them out.

but you are required by black law to give back in some form or fashion, especially if youre successful, but even if youre not. and i got no problem with fake nagas getting called out for not supporting their people

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

but what can I think when people actually believe that Shawn Corey Carter has the ability to make individuals become social activists anymore than they were already predisposed to do.

i liked your post, but i disagree with this.

music is powerful in itself... and musicians are role models to our youth, whether we like it or not.

but he just chose to make the yankees hat more famous than the yankees mayne :scusthov:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
As a black if you don't care about your own and don't look to better your people then you're a c00n. Point blank if you don't like it tough. I'm black, I'm Jamaican, I'm the fukking man your parents wish they raised.
I've posted a picture of my hand so you can stop the white character assassination whenever if ever you feel like being a man.

Jay has the ability and is in the position to do things for black people. Why shouldn't he? I know I do, and will continue to as long as I'm alive. It's obvious the type of negro you will grow up to be. Are you even black by the way? Hope to catch you on what of these podcasts "brother".

Giving back to their community, helping their fellow man would be a good start. Instead they act as though their above it all. Let that set in.

oh so your an activist now :russ:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Jay has the ability and is in the position to do things for black people. Why shouldn't he? I know I do, and will continue to as long as I'm alive.
:birdman:You or I dont owe shyt to the next Negro. If we did Bel would've addressed the everyday negro, not the one worth 400 mil. And dont give me that bullshyt about the importance of money in a community cuz its bull:pacspit::pacspit:
He would be out talking down the clowns throwing bodies in empty alleyways in Detroit. He would be putting fathers with 3 baby daddies on blast. But he aint cuz he's acting like the average basic nikka. The only time we complain is when the other guy's doing well.
Crabs-in-a-Barrel.jpg
Virtually all of us dont do shyt for other Black people. Funneling wages back into the community isnt something Blacks do. Jews do it. Indians do it. We dont so why in Sam Hill would you expect a crack dealer turned filthy rich rapper to do it. Money or not, why would you expect a non-activist to suddenly become a super philanthropist? They only times we have ever united is when White people had their boots on our throats.

:rudy:They both do it regularly but apparently that isnt enough. fakkits been trying to pull that shyt with Oprah too.
:scusthov:im defending J

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're being really ignorant tonight, I don't have time for it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The only times I remember this c00n jay z do anything is when was it cristal said they don't like hip hop cheapening their label and that was that

Besides making ignorant scandalous music jay z n beyonce have done nothing

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The only times I remember this c00n jay z do anything is when was it cristal said they don't like hip hop cheapening their label and that was that

Jay has also donated to numerous charities in Brooklyn, the Hurricane Katrina fund, he has donated to villages in Africa, particularly with regards to bringing clean water to their areas

But I see you just wanted to use the word c00n so...whatever

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

music is powerful in itself... and musicians are role models to our youth, whether we like it or not.

but he just chose to make the yankees hat more famous than the yankees mayne :scusthov:

They are role models in the sense of fashion, but I work with kids a lot and an artist's effect on the youth is the equivalent to that campaign last year on twitter and facebook about the kids getting kidnapped in Africa. How effective was Diddy's Vote or Die campaign? People have too many distractions these days and too many sources of information.

Jay-Z can only do so much. That's like saying Justin Beiber saying American healthcare is a joke actually made his teenage fans more for healthcare. They still endorse whatever the hell their parents do until they learn for themselves. I find it offensive that people believe that in the 21st century, with the most educated populace in history, that music determines whether or not individuals are activists. If anything, it may be the "trendy" thing to do. But sustainable committment?

I think you're being entirely too optimistic.

I'll put it like this: name 2 two instances in recent history where an American music artist has effectively brought forth a social movement or caused a widespread change? I'm not talking about trends in attire. You really think Jay-Z vouching for Obama is why people went out in record numbers?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

First and foremost, I could give a fukk about whatever hand picture you posted. You're obviously the type to sit on the sidelines and throw stones and even worst you're the biggest whiner on this board. You report and complain about everything and it shows through to your posting style and probably your personality in real life. Maybe that's why you're whining about what Jay-Z does when he's obviously done more for black people than you have in your insignificant life that revolves around crying about one guy posting a single troll post in a thread.

Second, people want to cry about me being too lax? Here's seriousness for you. You call a black man a c00n again on here (directed at a poster) it's an infraction and if you're mad about it go tell bk or brooklyn. That's how I feel about it. That word will be used in context. Third, I dedicate most of my time to helping poor inner city kids. I grew up as a poor inner city kid. So I'm pretty damn sure my parents are happy that they raised a kid who became something and still always comes back to help others. A kid who went to the best schools in this country. The fact that I work with kids is why I know why half the shyt you guys say is bullshyt.

Fourth, any black man who does not dedicate his entire life to helping the black community is not a c00n. That's the stupid group think that ruins the community. Who are you to sit here and tell Jay-Z how much he should be donating, how many more kids he should send to college, how many more X-Mases that he's supposed to make possible in Marcy, how many more times he's supposed to raise awareness for the water issue in Africa? Who the fukk are you period?

There's nothing about Jay-Z that says c00n. Yes, there is a culture of giving back in the black community, and I've gotten at guys like Patrick Ewing and Michael Jordan for not doing enough before. But that's not a c00n. The irony of a guy calling Jay-Z a c00n who says he hasn't said anything worthwhile since Vol. 2 which I'm sure is clearly his most introspective album. :stopitslime: Stop it.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What is exactly a c00n and what is c00nish behavior? Why the fukk do you all keep using a word invented by white people to attack blacks?