Black Civil Rights Activist: Bruce Springsteen is more black than Jay-Z & Beyonce

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

That's exactly what you did and then you had the audacity to try to bring up my parents and then you hide your hands. I get that you enjoy low-key trolling at times, but this is HL. Either you defend your statements, or don't put yourself up as an example.

In all of this, it's still hilarious that you have yet to answer what more you would have Jay-Z do. The answer is simple, you were just posturing and trying to get more people to post.

You came at me on some faggit shyt and you got put in your place.

If you want to make waves you'll get lost in them.

No one asked me for specifics. You could have but you were to busy hoping this thread would fall off the first page. What could Jay not do? That's a question he needs to ask himself. He's one of the black Bill Gates of our time.Come to think of it he might have even called himself that(I don't listen to Jay like that).

Charter Schools
Art Schools
Issues dealing with Africa, The Caribbean(Jay loves talking about the Caribbean!)
Multiple small businesses

The options are truly endless

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I'm saying that dynamic no longer exists and you're proving my point. You don't have an example because there isn't one. This isn't the Beatles back in the day or jazz musicians taking a stand. In 2012, a music artist does not have nearly as much influence or social factors. Like I said, they may make a cause the "trendy" thing to do such as the "Kony 2012" shyt, but for anyone to insinuate that Jay-Z has all this untapped power to influence people, they're kidding themselves. People like his example and success, but if he came out tomorrow and wrote an anti-government song, it would make very little different.

Eminem was the most popular rapper in the world and wrote "Mosh", it had little to no effect on the youth. This is what I'm telling you. You keep relying on history and I'm saying that at a certain point you have to deal with RIGHT NOW. There is no example in recent history. I'm not arguing with your historical point.

you dont think jay z has power to influence people? to influence popular urban opinions and attitudes? what about drake, wayne, and YM? they dont influence young people and their attitudes? what about rick ross and meek millz? what about nicki minaj, she doesnt influence people, especially young women?

breh... musicians and celebrities are some of the most influential people in our society. this is common knowledge. what they say, do, and co-sign go a long way towards determining accepted social norms.

when it comes to these musicians and how they choose to influence the populous, be careful not to confuse "dont" with "cant."

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
you dont think jay z has power to influence people? to influence popular urban opinions and attitudes? what about drake, wayne, and YM? they dont influence young people and their attitudes? what about rick ross and meek millz? what about nicki minaj, she doesnt influence people, especially young women?

breh... musicians and celebrities are some of the most influential people in our society. this is common knowledge. what they say, do, and co-sogn go a long way towards determining accepted social norms.

when it comes to these musicians and how they choose to influence the populous, be careful not to confuse "dont" with "cant."

co-sign

Maybe "BarNone" has spent too much time in his Ivory Tower.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
So a civil rights activist is a c00n now?
You got damn right. Dude went ahead and married two white women. 3 of his 4 kids went on to marry white people. How's the black community supposed to progress when the little bit of success we get, we run off marrying white folk? How bout we propel ourselves instead?
If hes a c00n then who the hell isnt?
A black man who does right by his black wife and kids, and doesn't neglect-abandon them when he gets a fame.
They should start throwing out bans for reckless use of the word cause shyt is getting out of hand badly
:shaq2: If the c00n fits...

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
work on your reading comprehension

Everything I wrote I meant.

yeah i know what you wrote, you called jayz and beyonce a c00n, and then got on some pro black pedestal and when i posted the link to what beyonce had done you had nothing to say

so im asking you again, i posted what beyonce has done, how is she a c00n?

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV

If you think that some rapper is the determining factor behind whether or not individuals feel the need to be socially responsible then you need to hop out of the 1960s, music isn't that powerful anymore and you're oversimplifying how people react to things.

:childplease: :sitdown:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Breh, you honestly believe that cats voted in 04 because of Diddy's "Vote or Die"? I didn't say they don't have an impact, but guys are acting like this in the 1960s where entertainers were leaders by default because they were the most visible African-Americans and the only ones who could speak. We are not nearly that unified in perspective anymore. You know that. I know Jay is influential to an extent. But Jay-Z spent the entire Blueprint 3 and Kingdom Come basically saying, "Get on your grown man and ball, leave that ignorant shyt behind." What impact did that truly have? I'm sure it inspired someone and I suppose if you change one mind it's a success, hell I personally see Jay as a symbol of success but he's not why I donate to charities or Africa.

The point I keep making is that all these artists do, and may be capable of doing these days, is making certain things "trendy" like that KONY 2012. Sustainable and active involvement? I don't think Jay's that guy. He could probably do more on a grassroots level though. But guys like 88m3 saying "open small businesses" shows that he has no idea what he's talking about.

What type of business has been shown to be sustainable in the hood besides fast food places, corner stores and liquor stores? Cats are sitting here acting like Jay should open up more of those things in the black community. Now if it's like a subsidized Super Market then I get that. I've seen plenty of those.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

breh... musicians and celebrities are some of the most influential people in our society. this is common knowledge. what they say, do, and co-sign go a long way towards determining accepted social norms.

Why are you being purposefully obtuse? This is my last most in the subject because this is like talking to a brick wall right now. How do you continue to bold the least important parts of my posts. The most important part was clearly where I said, their influence is limited to making "certain things trendy like KONY 2012" but to actually garner sustainable commitment--there's no evidence of that in the 21st century. Jay-Z couldn't even make people stop wearing Timbs and he's going to make them go support black businesses every single day? :bryan:

You're confusing influencing what's "hip" with actual social movement. You said it yourself, they won't be MLK. I'm giving you concrete examples of how nothing in the 21st century suggests it and you keep saying "but but but but but but but they influence people to say YOLO...they can definitely make them commit themselves to the peace corps" :childplease: Tacitly, that's what you're saying. Jay-Z can automatically bring awareness to any issue, that I won't doubt, but getting people to care long-term, there's just no evidence of that. I would personally love to see him open up more charter schools in NYC and have academies like Colin Powell does.

That also costs significantly more money than sending kids to college does. You're in Harlem you should know all about how costly those projects are.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
No black celebrity has a responsibility to me or anyone else not considered to be apart of the social elite. Get off your ass and quit complaining.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Why are you being purposefully obtuse? This is my last most in the subject because this is like talking to a brick wall right now. How do you continue to bold the least important parts of my posts. The most important part was clearly where I said, their influence is limited to making "certain things trendy like KONY 2012" but to actually garner sustainable commitment--there's no evidence of that in the 21st century. Jay-Z couldn't even make people stop wearing Timbs and he's going to make them go support black businesses every single day? :bryan:

You're confusing influencing what's "hip" with actual social movement. You said it yourself, they won't be MLK. I'm giving you concrete examples of how nothing in the 21st century suggests it and you keep saying "but but but but but but but they influence people to say YOLO...they can definitely make them commit themselves to the peace corps" :childplease: Tacitly, that's what you're saying. Jay-Z can automatically bring awareness to any issue, that I won't doubt, but getting people to care long-term, there's just no evidence of that. I would personally love to see him open up more charter schools in NYC and have academies like Colin Powell does.

That also costs significantly more money than sending kids to college does. You're in Harlem you should know all about how costly those projects are.

i dont think youre giving artists and their potential influence on society enough credit.

and you think im giving them too much.

agree to disagree :manny:

but a quick example, before he passed tupac was actually leading a social movement called "thug life" that was trying to establish a uniform code of conduct for people in the street life. im not saying this is the best example or the only example, im just trying to offer perspective.

again... never confuse "don't" with "can't".

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
but what can I think when people actually believe that Shawn Corey Carter has the ability to make individuals become social activists anymore than they were already predisposed to do.

I don't agree. i was around for the late 80's and early 90's when the music was about something. shyt Jay was a fukking Yorky back then. the music can affect people. when Jay mentions a new expensive watch or car, people take interest. he is someone with the power to influence people