Black Civil Rights Activist: Bruce Springsteen is more black than Jay-Z & Beyonce

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
nah it's not exotic or puzzling to me I know what he was trying to say

but even with Bruce you can say Bruce and his fans are sellouts. to the original 60s movements too.. just cause Bruce sings about the working class doesn't make him more of a hero of the working class in a real sense.. how many of those guys grew up and voted for Reagan

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
It's called being human

well beyonce has released a list of what she's done, are you more human than her? are you blacker than her?have you done more for humanity then her?

Beyonce Shoots Video at United Nations, Representative Responds to Criticism From Harry Belafonte - Speakeasy - WSJ

The list included co-founding The Survivor Foundation “a multi-purpose community outreach facility in downtown Houston”; donating “100K in 2008 to the Gulf Coast Ike Relief Fund to aid Texas victims of Hurricane Ike”; performing in “MTV’s Hope For Haiti Now! Benefit in addition to making a generous monetary donation,” among many other charitable activities.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Have you ever noticed how similar your name is to simpleton?

no i havent, what does that have to do with the question i asked? im asking a simple question, do you think you are more human and blacker than beyonce? do you think you are more of an activist and more of a philanthropist than her?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
The best thing that would help the black community is the return to the family structure. This c00n pretty much paved the way for the destruction of that structure when he left his black wife and kids to rot while he caped some white woman.

Jayonce has its faults, but Harry is not the one to point them out.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I think you're being entirely too optimistic.

I'll put it like this: name 2 two instances in recent history where an American music artist has effectively brought forth a social movement or caused a widespread change? I'm not talking about trends in attire. You really think Jay-Z vouching for Obama is why people went out in record numbers?

music and activism have always gone hand in hand. bob marley and fela kuti are the first examples that popped in my head. music is very influential when it comes to setting or reenforcing social standards for thought and action, and so are celebrities. and if you work around our kids then you know how much theyre influenced by hip hop culture.

all this is pretty straightforward i dont see where the debate is.

no one is equating jay z=malcolm x or mlk, but to say musicians and/or celebrities and/or music doesnt affect peoples behavior, thats just flat out wrong.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
The best thing that would help the black community is the return to the family structure. This c00n pretty much paved the way for the destruction of that structure when he left his black wife and kids to rot while he caped some white woman.

Jayonce has its faults, but Harry is not the one to point them out.

So a civil rights activist is a c00n now? If hes a c00n then who the hell isnt? They should start throwing out bans for reckless use of the word cause shyt is getting out of hand badly

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
It don't bother me that yall disagree with him, or Jay-Z, but yall callin these dudes c00ns is just hate. I hate hearing black people call other black people c00ns. That's some real cac shyt.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
As humans we should look to help other people.

I never said I was more human or more black.

Stop reaching.

But you were, you are calling people c00ns and then set yourself as an example of a true black man :laff: and a true humanitarian

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
music and activism have always gone hand in hand. bob marley and fela kuti are the first examples that popped in my head. music is very influential when it comes to setting or reenforcing social standards for thought and action, and so are celebrities. and if you work around our kids then you know how much theyre influenced by hip hop culture.

all this is pretty straightforward i dont see where the debate is.

no one is equating jay z=malcolm x or mlk, but to say musicians and/or celebrities and/or music doesnt affect peoples behavior, thats just flat out wrong.

I'm saying that dynamic no longer exists and you're proving my point. You don't have an example because there isn't one. This isn't the Beatles back in the day or jazz musicians taking a stand. In 2012, a music artist does not have nearly as much influence or social factors. Like I said, they may make a cause the "trendy" thing to do such as the "Kony 2012" shyt, but for anyone to insinuate that Jay-Z has all this untapped power to influence people, they're kidding themselves. People like his example and success, but if he came out tomorrow and wrote an anti-government song, it would make very little different.

Eminem was the most popular rapper in the world and wrote "Mosh", it had little to no effect on the youth. This is what I'm telling you. You keep relying on history and I'm saying that at a certain point you have to deal with RIGHT NOW. There is no example in recent history. I'm not arguing with your historical point.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
work on your reading comprehension

That's exactly what you did and then you had the audacity to try to bring up my parents and then you hide your hands. I get that you enjoy low-key trolling at times, but this is HL. Either you defend your statements, or don't put yourself up as an example.

In all of this, it's still hilarious that you have yet to answer what more you would have Jay-Z do. The answer is simple, you were just posturing and trying to get more people to post. :snoop: