Black couple living in "tiny home" paid off $125k in debt fast

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
full

I think you're confusing having available lines of credit with being good debt.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
They're a cute little couple, but 55k combined salary? With college degrees? And they had 50k plus student loans for it? Make it make sense.

Also I like tiny homes but I did research and they didn't add up as a good investment. And I can't sleep in a loft as an adult.

Superstar
Daps
She is a teacher but not working as one.

She was working as a teacher up until like a year ago. think they moved cuz he was transferred.

I think first two years they earned more but spent it all
I wonder what their degrees were in, and what they were doing between the years of 2016-2020 (since they got married in 2014 and maintained that they spent the first 2yrs bullshytting).

If you have a degree, it takes about a year to get certified to teach in Texas.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Make your debt work for you. Your landlord or grocer isn't trying to hear that you paid off your student loans when your rent is due or don't have money to buy food. Commendable on paying it off, but they're in trouble especially with them making 56K combined.

Your emergency fund needs to have at least six months of cash for your expenses. They really messed up here. Hopefully they both get on their feet soon.

Yup. I would like to see the interest rates on those loans and maybe it was a good idea. But now those places got their money and they have none. :yeshrug: