Black Excellence New Day Sales Most Merchandise During Mania Week

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I remember seeing their first vignettes and thinking "neat" but also "three black dudes doing preacher voices and having a church choir :merchant:". Then I went to the Raw after Survivor Series 2014 because I assumed Sting was going to be there, and it happened to be the night New Day was supposed to debut. Neither happened and I was so bummed I made up my mind to never go to a show in Indy that isn't WM ever again. But then online, people were SO MAD at them being a stable of 3 happy, friendly black guys and thought they HAD to be the new NOD or it was terrible.

So happy to see them proven wrong. I was cool with them as just straight up happy black guy faces, but shyt went to a whole new level once they turned heel. And even their heel turn was great, with X cheating, and kind of being nervous that Kofi wouldn't like it, but then Kofi was like "Oh shyt I'm into this" and they never looked back. That they have been basically the hottest act in the company for nearly a year being 3 black dudes who are nerdy as hell and don't have to be militant angry dudes is really wonderful. And to go from being SO HATED just for not being angry, to being the most over dudes on the show while talking about unicorns and wearing dildos on their heads is just something else.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come and them not fukking up and splitting them. They should really push Kofi or Big E in singles just because of this. Could you imagine the great shyt they could do if they pushed either of them for a title? It would be better if they were heels because of the three man team though.

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
you want this
Big-E-Xavier-Woods-Kofi-Kingston.png

But i'm totally fine with this
tumblr_nz1qq8a1fd1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Just talmbout white n gold breh...just the white n gold.

Daps
They really came a long way. New day is one of the few things in the wwe that has been able to naturally grow into something profitable.

Wwe really should allow more wrestlers to naturally grow without always getting in the way of things.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah I'm still not sure about the whole unicorn and booty-o cereal box thing but good for them

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I remember when the seeds first got planted. I think it was at a raw I attended, I want to say July 2014. When Xavier told big e, "now we take". Everyone was talking about the new nation and not expecting the preachers gimmick. But they knew what they were doing. All they needed was the right mic time and an opportunity. Their fun and not caring attitude is what got them over. Having the gaming channel thing helped a bit. But just the way they handle themselves in promos show they just having fun out there and know how to entertain. Unlike other superstars who sound like they're reading certain catch phrases from a teleprompter. :mjpls:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Y'all trying to rewrite history and move turnbuckles like goalpoasts in here. This gimmick was NEVER supposed to work. They were (the writers) trying to take this in a completely different direction and when it didn't work they tried to turn it into a comedy gimmick. Problem is when they did it they let them be themselves and that's why it worked.

This dudes just out there having fun doing the same shyt they do sitting around the crib while playing PS4 lol. Its not a gimmick it's them

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were originally doing it to be heels and low key troll people who support heels by making them look foolish. It kind of backfired and fans really got attached to the unicorns and the constant talk of booty. :yeshrug:
No it's their real personalities , Peep big e Twitter and upupdowndown

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
nah. the whole reason New Day works is cause they were friends in real life and they just got to be funny friends on TV. is Naomi known to hang out with them? Everyone knows she is with one of the Usos, they should go in that direction. Because the Usos are lames on TV but cool in all the backstage footage and on Total Divas

This. Do people realize what happens when you try to force stuff?? We've been watching the WWE force stuff for a long time, so every one of us should know already :russ: