Black History Month Film "Festival" Updated with spoilers

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Hollywood Shuffle is a movie all black people should watch.Black produced,black directed,black written by robert townsend & keenan ivory wayans It shows how whitey stereotypes and typecasts black actors it's a satire that's funny and drops jewels

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
girlhood.jpg

Girlhood was an amazing movie. I teared up at some parts, and you start to really root for the protagonist. It's about this young girl who is being abused by her brother, and doesn't really have much going on. She meets this group of bad girls, and the film is about her adventures with them, and how she deals with her home life.
:camby:get that white women made stereotype French Black women living in the ghetto movie out of here

Raava

Staff member
Daps
If you have Netflix here are a few available right now:

What happened Miss Simone?, Documentary now on Netflix

Classically trained pianist, dive-bar chanteuse, black power icon and legendary recording artist Nina Simone lived a life of brutal honesty, musical genius, and tortured melancholy.

The Black Power Mixtape, Documentary

The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975 is a 2011 documentary film, directed by Göran Olsson, that examines the evolution of the Black Power Movement in American society from 1967 to 1975.

Edit someone else posted, the picture just loaded for me :francis:

The LAST DRAGON

One of GOAT 80's films :banderas:

"Playtime's over boy." :birdman:

You might like this if you haven't already seen it.

The Black Kungfu Experience, Documentary Also on Netflix

This film focuses on how a group of African American pioneers became respected masters in a subculture dominated by Chinese and white men. Their stories illustrate how kungfu was -- and still is -- a unique crucible of the black experience, which is less about flash and style, kicks and punches, than it is about community, identity, and cross-cultural bridges

I will add more tomorrow.

Last edited: