Black homeownership lower today than national rate during Great Depression

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Wow! Good thing they flaked though, probably not a property you wanted to own anyway. No telling what else they didn't take care off. The one property had 3 layers of material on the roof, which meant I was disqualified from getting homeowners insurance, which was a condition of obtaining the mortgage. Then they were like "well you can get it, but you need to promise to have the roof replaced within 30 or 60 days or something like that. Like who moves into a new home with visions of replacing a roof?!? Nah b, I'm good.
Word, fukk all that. move in and get cozy. yea man that plumbing line would have been 4k. I mean, I would have had to find this guy and make an attempt on his life

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
People have a right to be a fraid of the housing market. There was A LOT of fukkery going on in real estate before the bubble popped. I own a home myself and I think it's a good investment, but lets be real. It's a LONG term investment. I bet it took me about 5 years to really break even when you factor in home ownership vs rent to break even.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People have a right to be a fraid of the housing market. There was A LOT of fukkery going on in real estate before the bubble popped. I own a home myself and I think it's a good investment, but lets be real. It's a LONG term investment. I bet it took me about 5 years to really break even when you factor in home ownership vs rent to break even.
I honestly didn't buy with the intentions of it being an investment. I figured I would be paying rent REGARDLESS and I just wanted my own place and something I could pay off in 7 or less years. I don't see myself venturing too far out of the Baltimore area so it just made sense.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I actually live in Rockland county which is very close to NYC. I want to start in Rockland but my dream is NYC. And yeah I heard about the Bronx. And true the tri-state is booming which is why it is important for us to OWN property.

Interesting you say this as I recently been PMing MANY posters on investing, stock, real estate, etc.

Did you check out my stickied real estate thread? Anyways when I get to a computer I will pm you.

I've been out that way a few times. Got a breh who lives in Clarkstown. That really is a nice area when you wanna escape the city. It's definitely important for the brehs who are still in the tri-state to come together and invest in a few duplexes and properties. It's long been time for us to form economic conclaves that we own and operate.

I've posted in the thread. I'll stop by and drop some info.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the home we have an inspection on tomorrow. my wife and seed love it. I want something nice for my family .
I love that. Love the driveway and wrap around deck. Looks like a nice family spot that you can grow into. Is it just you, your wife and daughter?

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I've been out that way a few times. Got a breh who lives in Clarkstown. That really is a nice area when you wanna escape the city. It's definitely important for the brehs who are still in the tri-state to come together and invest in a few duplexes and properties. It's long been time for us to form economic conclaves that we own and operate.

I've posted in the thread. I'll stop by and drop some info.

Yeah I still have this dream that NY/NYC can be saved for blacks. Sadly in my town the Hasidics are trying to swallow it due to it being so close to NYC. That is one of the things that influenced me to study real estate at a young age to help my community.

And agreed 100%!!! Us tri state blacks NEED tp come together because we are SO close to NYC which is FULL of opportunites and I always preached this. Sure we may lose Harlem and MAYBE Brooklyn but we DAMN sure cant lose the metro!

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I love that. Love the driveway and wrap around deck. Looks like a nice family spot that you can grow into. Is it just you, your wife and daughter?
Me, the wife and seed. I deleted the photo from instagram so it shows unavailable . but yea man pray for us

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
:mjlol:

You don't need 10k on a starter house in the south ... c'mon now... Lol. ..

It wouldn't hurt to have 10k in your coffers ... but nah ... 5k on a first time homebuyers loan and good credit will get you in a starter .

Shyt you can get in a habitat for lower while you bullshyttin. .. if you qualify . :usure:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
As someone who wants to start owning residential real estate before I hit my 30s I too want to know this.

580 Credit Score and 3.5% down if you can get an FHA loan (nikkaZ WAKE UP, THIS IS NOT A LOT OF BREAD!!!)

Most of our people don't know better, so how can they do better. Ask the brehs on here for help who do know better.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I still have this dream that NY/NYC can be saved for blacks. Sadly in my town the Hasidics are trying to swallow it due to it being so close to NYC. That is one of the things that influenced me to study real estate at a young age to help my community.

And agreed 100%!!! Us tri state blacks NEED tp come together because we are SO close to NYC which is FULL of opportunites and I always preached this. Sure we may lose Harlem and MAYBE Brooklyn but we DAMN sure cant lose the metro!
Not too long ago, Langston Hughe's old house was up for foreclosure until it was saved by one of the local heritage foundations. And even though Harlem is getting increasingly white by the year, I still have faith that blacks can come together and fight it off. I got fam with houses in Harlem and they're all owned. It's just addressing the monkey in the room.... lack of access to capital, discrimination in housing, and the major wealth disparity that exists. We definitely need to be educated on the issue we face before we take any major action. That's why I made this thread in the first place.

I want people to see our struggle as a mass struggle and not just as an individual one. It isn't enough if a few win and the masses don't win.

Daps
:mjlol:

You don't need 10k on a starter house in the south ... c'mon now... Lol. ..

It wouldn't hurt to have 10k in your coffers ... but nah ... 5k on a first time homebuyers loan and good credit will get you in a starter .

Shyt you can get in a habitat for lower while you bullshyttin. .. if you qualify . :usure:

yes but you need that in the bank, people under estimate maintenance cost on a house, what you gonna do when you're AC unit fails, washer/dryer go out? shyt can get real expensive real fast

580 Credit Score and 3.5% down if you can get an FHA loan (nikkaZ WAKE UP, THIS IS NOT A LOT OF BREAD!!!)

Most of our people don't know better, so how can they do better. Ask the brehs on here for help who do know better.

This is true, but unless you plan on staying in that home for at least 10 years you shouldn't buy it, unless you really know what you're doing.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Not too long ago, Langston Hughe's old house was up for foreclosure until it was saved by one of the local heritage foundations. And even though Harlem is getting increasingly white by the year, I still have faith that blacks can come together and fight it off. I got fam with houses in Harlem and they're all owned. It's just addressing the monkey in the room.... lack of access to capital, discrimination in housing, and the major wealth disparity that exists. We definitely need to be educated on the issue we face before we take any major action. That's why I made this thread in the first place.

I want people to see our struggle as a mass struggle and not just as an individual one. It isn't enough if a few win and the masses don't win.

Again agreed 100%. I recently made a thread about how most of us blacks are not financially literate. I only LAST year started became more literate and save up more. Luckily Im still a young blood. But yeah like you and me said blacks not being as finacially literate hurts us and this is done on purpose. So far I been subscribing to Youtube channels and articles. But I next plan on buying books on investing.

PS: Do you think Trumps plans to not fund sanctuary cities like NYC will impact the whites in Harlem and Brooklyn? Some New yorkers claim crime will be like it was in the 70s/80s.