BLACK IN THE WORKPLACE “etiquette”: Just starting out edition *A THREAD*

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
most of those are fine and should be common sense

actually try to be good at your job is another. all the networking and fake niceties might get you opportunities to advance, but when it comes to layoff times (unless all jobs are getting wiped out), the people who are actually good at the job and make other peoples jobs easier/will be able to keep things running smoothly after a reduction tend to be the ones who survive from my experience. at the end of the day that’s what make managers look better, not who kissed the most ass.
Honestly I think relationships get you ahead…hard workers get let go… I know yall seen ppl who ain’t that bright move up the ladder way quicker than a “hard worker”

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
He's not lying working with White people you have to know how to navigate smartly.:yeshrug:

It can get exhausting after while.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think relationships get you ahead…hard workers get let go… I know yall seen ppl who ain’t that bright move up the ladder way quicker than a “hard worker”
I didn't say move up the ladder tho. I'm talking about when we have to let go of a couple people on a team (albeit sometimes they will just get rid of people who make too much money, but it's not always the case) as a manager, I am keeping the people who are good at the job and produce results that make me look better to my superiors.

getting rid of people that are good at the job only makes my job harder and could ultimately make me look worse if my team starts fukking up because I let go of my best talents.

you don't always get to make those choices, sometimes it comes from someone else, but the case I'm always making is to hold onto our talent that make things function and run smoothly. that's what makes me look good, that's what makes my job easier. I don't give a fukk how much someone sucked up or kissed ass if they are not good at their actual job.