Black males who invest their income in toys instead of business...

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Let's make this perfectly clear, this does not apply to ALL black men, just the ones who are vocal about what needs to change, the economic state of African Americans in society, or how other races exclude or discriminate against us, etc while making no effort to change any of these circumstances. These are the brothers who are all talk, example of this type of black male, you may have seen him years ago and back then he was talking about other races, discrimination, the system, getting paid less wages than we deserve, what needs to change, etc and in 2016 he still is all talk, and is making no attempts to change anything. And years from now, still won't.

"I ain't got it" is a phrase they only utter when it's time for business, or investing in something other than toys (or lottery tickets), because when it comes to flossing i.e. sneakers, clothes, clubbing, etc they always somehow find the money for that. These same males will complain about being underpaid or discriminated against by other races, yet do absolutely nothing about it.

But....it's not just the "dusty", hood black men who make excuses about building (despite what some ppl claim). It's not just JaQuavias who does this, it's also the more successful black men with good jobs who complain about things, and then say they "don't have it" when it's time to actually put their money where their mouth is.

One thing those brothers have in common is that they are all talk, regardless of how much they make. They complain abotu the system, what needs to change, etc and after asking what actions they want to take, in order to make progress as black men, suddenly the excuses come, "i don't have the money right now" but, these same brothers always have money for toys. They complain about black american men not being respected as men, being treated as little boys,etc but when it's time to show and prove, and actually back up what you say you believe in or want, many of us do act like little boys. Don't have money to do business, but somehow ALWAYS have money for toys.

And yes, this is what i've noticed in my years of being self employed. Some black men won't want to hear this, but if i was lying, there would be more black owned businesses (and black male entrepreneurs) than there curently are. Black american men as a collective are more comfortable with receiving a check from an already established white owned company than doing something to create our own.

This is something the complaining brothers need to truly think about and answer:

1- U say things need to change for black men, but what do you actually invest your disposable income in?

2- Do you want to have, or do you at least support a black business?

3 - Do you, or have you ever, discouraged another black men from starting his own business?

4 - Do you back up what u say you are for? Meaning, do you put your money where your mouth is when it's time for business? Anyone can talk a good game, but if u aren't bringing RESOURCES to actually execute something, then it's just talk. No one takes complaining serious, you need resources, and if you don't have them, you need to put your energy into getting them. Because talking about what you're "gonna do one day" isn't cutting it. You can't just complain and then wonder why it isn't respected. If you provide lip service and no actual action, people will think you're all talk, which is why black american men are really starting to have a reputation of being nothing but smooth talkers and con artists. People will take you more seriously when you are actually serious about business instead of toys.

These same brothers who complain, and won't invest money into something lucrative, will easily 'invest' hundreds if not thousands in sneakers, clothes, strippers, cars, but when it comes to actually doing business, suddenly "i ain't got it".

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I agree with everything u said but I know it won't be well received.

I've only had a business for about 3 yrs but I know firsthand how a lot of other black men feel about actually executing what they say they want to change. I've had brehs come to me about building but when I suggested stuff they didn't even want to pay a reasonable amount for valuable information that would help them out and made excuses about other stuff, I.e. "one of these days I'ma do this", yet they would pay for Jordans, tricking out their whip, strippers, clothes etc. U really can't complain about our position in society if u aren't even willing to put any money into building anything imo. If you invest your money in these little trinkets to flex and make excuses about doing business, then :manny:and you're right, those same exact cats will complain about not being respected as black men, but don't understand why.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
I agree with everything u said but I know it won't be well received.

I've only had a business for about 3 yrs but I know firsthand how a lot of other black men feel about actually executing what they say they want to change. I've had brehs come to me about building but when I suggested stuff they didn't even want to pay a reasonable amount for valuable information that would help them out and made excuses about other stuff, I.e. "one of these days I'ma do this", yet they would pay for Jordans, tricking out their whip, strippers, clothes etc. U really can't complain about our position in society if u aren't even willing to put any money into building anything imo. If you invest your money in these little trinkets to flex and make excuses about doing business, then :manny:and you're right, those same exact cats will complain about not being respected as black men, but don't understand why.

I agree, and here's the thing

It would be different if these brothers were actually serious about action. If you say you're broke because you are saving your money but will come back to do business as soon as you have enough capital, and you actually do, then that's a lot more understandable. But to run your mouth about what needs to change for black men, then repeatedly spend your money on these child-like trinkets, and make endless excuses for why you have no money to invest in anything else, that's when it's not respectable and that's almost ALWAYS the case in these instances.

When a group of grown men say they don't have any extra money for business, yet you see those same men parading around in the latest Jordans, with the newest game system/video games, $300 headphones, etc or always in the club, with expensive clothes on, putting insane amounts of money in cars/flexing, etc then what else can ppl conclude except that u think investing in toys is more important than investing in business? This is true for too many black american men and i know from experience, unfortunately.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Ignore brothas who ain't about that action.

Don't engage with them.

It's much easier linking up with brothas on the same page as you.

How do you know if a dude is on the same page as you and worth your time?

Brothas about that action are..................already working on a business.

They aren't talking about starting a business.
They aren't just making threads or watching YouTube videos.
They aren't just saving money to start a business (you can start/test anything for very cheap nowadays, it's 2016)

• They are actually working day and night on something.
  • These are brothas you converse and share ideas with.
  • You form Mastermind alliances with guys like this because 2 or 3 or 4 determined minds are better than 1.
  • They have skills and strengths that complement your skills and strengths.

Don't try to convince brothas to do business. Ignore them and focus on your mission. Time always shows who was right and who was wrong.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP I will say that entrepreneurship is NOT for everyone. My mother and father both work/worked in tech which comes with lucrative salaries. My dad had a settlement years ago from a previous employer for discrimination (medical and racial) and my parents and I always talked about starting a side business but it never came to fruition.

Entrepreneurship is a hard path. I maybe eventually will do consulting. I'm about 7-10 years in the tech field. Actually do really well for myself. I support and encourage black business. I just couldn't see myself doing it right now at this phase of my career.

I do agree though about black men spending it on BS. My aunt was talking about my uncle buying new sneakers every few months and it said it make him look and seem mentally like a kid. I don't understand putting money and accruing so much dept. My dad pisses me off with that. Even though we are well off the FIRST thing he does with a new job is lease a new car or some shyt. It's all a goddamn trap. I went on a tangent here.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Imma get the ball rolling in ma hood and open up a taco shop / wing shop .

nikkas giving all their money to mexicans and asians for $1 tacos and bullshyt wings

Imma step on some toes and in the process, hopefully I can convince brehs to quit that bs rap shyt and get on the same page.

cuz at the moment , nikkas where Im from aint on that tip at all

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we need to just keep it simple. And talk to men how they supposed to be talked to to keep it a buck. Black mem need to produce by any means necessary the things black women and children need to succeed in this world currently. Period. If you a black man and not doing that your worthless. Period.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imma get the ball rolling in ma hood and open up a taco shop / wing shop .

nikkas giving all their money to mexicans and asians for $1 tacos and bullshyt wings

Imma step on some toes and in the process, hopefully I can convince brehs to quit that bs rap shyt and get on the same page.

cuz at the moment , nikkas where Im from aint on that tip at all
Good shyt, breh. Food and water are the most important businesses we could have. I'm bout to open up a health food type spot hopefully with in the next two years.
Also you will be able to make a better service than cacs slant eyes cacs cause you know exactly what the people like the most and dislike.
Also we cant be scared to use our blackness/Africaness to our advantage in themes and advertisements.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Good shyt, breh. Food and water are the most important businesses we could have. I'm bout to open up a health food type spot hopefully with in the next two years.
Also you will be able to make a better service than cacs slant eyes cacs cause you know exactly what the people like the most and dislike.
Also we cant be scared to use our blackness/Africaness to our advantage in themes and advertisements.

real shyt! gotta look at what nikkas spend their discretionary income on ...then step on toes
my bro even talking about starting a small jeans company , Tru Religion quality but with some kente cloth or rbg on the pocket or something . just to let shyt be known
its time to take this $$$ back from cacs, asians, and mexicans and put it back into the hood

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
real shyt! gotta look at what nikkas spend their discretionary income on ...then step on toes
my bro even talking about starting a small jeans company , Tru Religion quality but with some kente cloth or rbg on the pocket or something . just to let shyt be known
its time to take this $$$ back from cacs, asians, and mexicans and put it back into the hood
Facts. Not hard to find solutions in our communities since we got so many problems. Which is why some dirty Indian came come over and get bread in the same hood nikkas complain ain't got money( which is from being raised by p*ssy nikkas and women to keep it a buck) with horrible service and products. We need more AA and African style food places especially with healthier options available. Basically we need to read til our eyes bleed on how to create and produce high value products and flood the streets. gotta turn our hoods into business districts. Which is really easy if you willing to spend the money and read a lot. Get ya hands dirty.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Time and money is wasted chasing on p*ssy than toys. Observed this across all socio-economic demographics and education including brehs in my fam, unfortunately. Don't care if they are older(like my great unc), younger, Caribbean, African immigrants, buppie, degreed, athletes, or typical multigenerational American brehs with Paul Mall smoking 35 year old grannies; money and time to buy a home, launch a business or invest, and switch job titles instead of switching positions or being intent on what is deemed a high salary; many even complain or scoff at helping fam or even throwing their crippled ass mama some extra change monthly.

BUT if a chick is an IG looking thot (or not), has a phat ass, and/or sucks them off within a month knowing them (typically within a few hours to days), resources suddenly become available to/for:
  • Supplementing cellphone, cable, utility bills, salon trips and/or shoe or bag fetish and twice weekly "Cheesecake Factory/Benihana" ritual (or insert another overhype thot chain restaurant)
  • Keyed car scratch paint jobs, slashed tires and Clorox bleached clothes; for if she is crazy, the more time a breh will invest in a ratchet
  • Abortions; Nothing wrong with family planning that $500 multiple times add up
  • $400-$1000 court mandated Child Support monthly child support and legal fees
  • marriage to a thot; rare since the 70s but some brehs family and conscious force them to do the right thing for the wrong reasons and they end up in loveless relationships

Sex is a weakness in brehs and vasectomies should be mandated from ages 14-32 because black people don't know how to handle their sexual energy or plan families and this is observable from Atlanta to Africa. And sadly brehettes enabled this, for centuries. Typically educated/hard working with her shyt together but with the self worth of an ant will save these brehs, dust them off, and help them with their credit, often times without major commitment even though their actions and choices have not proven them to be honorable men. Don't know if religious indoctrination creates these type of women or mantras that grandmas/aunties spit about "a piece of man is better than none at all chile" but it really needs to stop if we want to build functional families and nations. Asian, Latino, White brehs fukk thots too, plenty :whoa: but they know how to choose wives and partners. Don't know if it's all virility, vasectomies or just those brehs are taught how to manage impulse and sexual energy and the importance of creating life ties with the right women/families.