Black men HATE Weave, But Give Us LESS Play Natural. Why?

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps
I don't like weave. I think it's nasty and ugly. I can't imagine a woman wearing someone else's hair on her head. The remnants of someone else's scalp. :huhldup:

Weave would be more acceptable if black women were generally wearing weave that matched their natural hair texture. An afro weave is doable. But most black women are wearing weave that in no way, shape or form matches their hair texture. They make ALL TYPES of excuses for why they do it-"oh, its easier to maintain", "it protects my hair in the winter", "I just like to change my look," etc. Bullsh#t line after bullsh#t line.

I just wish more black women would be honest and say that they don't like their hair. I mean, we already know that's why. Society already knows that's why. There's no logical reason that a person who likes their hair would spend most of their life paying for hair that looks nothing like their own. There is no reason that a person who likes their hair would spend hours having this fake hair sewn into their scalp. There is no reason that a person who likes their hair would not be able to find styles that suit their hair.

I mean, you got black female hair stylists that don't even know how to do black hair. How in the f#ck can you be black and know nothing of black hair?

I've helped several black women go from perms to natural. Ex-girlfriends and my mom as well. They ALWAYS looked better and felt better about their hair.

Personally, I won't date a woman who wears weave. I'm proud of who I am as a person of African descent. And I won't date someone who shows me that she doesn't feel the same way.

Peace

This.

And worse things about weaves? The billions black women are spending on that shyt is going straight to the Asian community (Koreans). They're making a fortune off of black women.

Like you said, afro weaves are doable. Can you imagine how rich the black community would be if black folks made afro weaves a new trend?

Last edited:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
If it makes you feel any better, every white woman I have ever been with had some wild ass hair without putting it through $12 shampoo, $15 conditioner, a $100 blow dryer and 20 minutes with a $100 straightener or curling iron before they put some sort of $30 hair product.....so the term natural is all relative.
having natural hair means you aren't permanetly, chemically altering the texture of your hair. Shampoos, flatiron,curling irons, and dyes do not count for not being natural. Only perms,relaxers,texturizers,etc count for not being natural.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cognitive dissonance comes into play such that many black men want black women to be proud of their hair, but at the same time do not necessarily care for unkept hair that doesn't look very good. Many natural hair women just don't look very appetizing, but they are trying to show that they are proud to be black, which is what black men like.

Last edited:
Daps
I don't fukk with weaves at all.
I have a friend that wore weave on the regular and kept it in for months.
After 2 weeks that shyt smelled like :scusthov: Totally unhygenic. Imangine what the cooch was like :bryan::bryan:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Folks calling it the 'natural hair look' is really funny to me.

Chick: "Yeah, I'm going for the natural look now."

Me: "Oh, you rocking the hair that naturally comes outta ya scalp now?"

Chick: "Yeah. :thumbsup:"

Me: "Hey, me too! Since birth! :laugh:"

Chick: ":dry:"

Natural hair is so beautiful it's ridiculous, I love afros. Some see 'nappy' hair as a bad thing though, nothing wrong with 'nappy' hair as long as it's clean. There's so many ways to style natural hair too, it's super versatile.

Last edited:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
:noah:

Screen-shot-2012-02-27-at-4.37.43-PM-640x458.png

esperanza-spalding.jpg

esperanza_instyle2.jpg

music_esperanza_spalding.jpg

tumblr_mzcdwa5rax1rznzrpo3_r1_500.gif

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Honest Question Bruhs...

I am natural, but I also wear sew ins & weaves SOMETIMES as well.

I notice that I get MORE play from black men with long weave than I do when my natural hair is out and kinky.

Why?

Do black men only like natural hair when it's long and straight like a Europeans or Asians?

I like when a woman has kinky or naturally curly hair. but I just like a woman with natural hair in general. weave feels fukked up on my arm when she lay her head on my biceps. :yeshrug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The point was hair has nothing to do with the amount of men who approach me. Second I am retired and yes still get the same amount of approaches.
No, I'm telling you that you misquoted me. I didn't make that statement at all.