Black men HATE Weave, But Give Us LESS Play Natural. Why?

Daps
My hair is 4c texture. That is extremely coarse. I put it up in s poof ball ponytail, or wear a headband around it and push it back into a poof.

I get play BOTH ways, but I get the most attention when I have a long sew in that is straight with a side part. The color is use is 1b/30 which is a goldish brown color and off black.

Men give me more attention with that hair, and the Chinese bang in my Avi.

I get less play natural. (Fact)

I have edges and a full head of hair. It's not LONG and straight, but it is very thick and full.

Black men like it less.

Why?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Honest Question Bruhs...

I am natural, but I also wear sew ins & weaves SOMETIMES as well.

I notice that I get MORE play from black men with long weave than I do when my natural hair is out and kinky.

Why?

Do black men only like natural hair when it's long and straight like a Europeans or Asians?
Don't group us all into that shyt. I like my women wit natural Black hair or dreads. You would catch the neg, but I can't rep right now. Also, you better watch out with those weaves. You'll end up looking like Countess Vaughn.

Daps
u kinda exposin yourself cuz all my nikkas see a chick with that long curly natural ahir and hit the :noah::banderas:

So it has to be long and curly like a MIXED woman, but not full and coarse like a black woman?

Because I have full, thick coarse hair... And I get less attention with it than I downed my hair is in a long straight weave.

Last edited:
Daps
Don't group us all into that shyt. I like my women wit natural Black hair or dreads. You would catch the neg, but I can't rep right now. Also, you better watch out with those weaves. You'll end up looking like Countess Vaughn.

I DIDNT!

I simply asked. If you like it... I believe you.

I'm speaking on my experience.

In any setting... I get more play from AFRICAN American men (which is all I care about) when I wear a long straight weave than I do with my natural coarse hair.

Why? (If black men really hate weave)

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
So it has to be long and curly like a MIXED woman, but not full and coarse like a black woman?

Because I have full, thick coarse hair... And iger less attention with it than I downed my hair is in a long straight weave.

Sry for say that. I have 4c hair too and I'm a dude. I feel your pain, I grew out my hair and my last chick wa slik e "bae cut it, you don't look good"

Daps
men like long hair.

has nothing to do with it being weave or not.

The reason men hate weave is because it's not really your long hair.

How is it fair for black men to feel that when black women's hair USUALLY doesn't grow that way (unless they are mixed) and black men's hair don't grow that way either.

Isn't that holding black women to an unfair beauty standard?

That's like if black women only preferred black men with long, straight blonde hair... When black men's hair USUALLY doesn't grow that way.

And making fun of black men because their hair ISNT long, but kinky and full.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I DIDNT!

I simply asked. If you like it... I believe you.

I'm speaking on my experience.

In any setting... I get more play from AFRICAN American men (which is all I care about) when I wear a long straight weave than I do with my natural coarse hair.

Why? (If black men really hate weave)
Just be you they probably just see you as a hoodrat no offense. Wait for a good man to come along if you don't already have one. I see those type of dudes trying to holla at those chicks with weave all the time. While I just smh at them. Never hated weave as much in my life :scust:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
As much as I hate to admit it, when Black males, especially the ones on this site, think of natural hair, they envision the curls possessed by mixed/biracial women (you all know the type don't play dumb :comeon:) and not the Afrocentric type of curls.

And curly hair don't equal natural hair.

I'll admit I have the mulatto 3c curls that's why I can say that some nikkas think of that hair instead of actual kinky hair when it comes to natural hair.