Black men HATE Weave, But Give Us LESS Play Natural. Why?

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
My hair is 4c texture. That is extremely coarse. I put it up in s poof ball ponytail, or wear a headband around it and push it back into a poof.

I get play BOTH ways, but I get the most attention when I have a long sew in that is straight with a side part. The color is use is 1b/30 which is a goldish brown color and off black.

Men give me more attention with that hair, and the Chinese bang in my Avi.

I get less play natural. (Fact)

I have edges and a full head of hair. It's not LONG and straight, but it is very thick and full.

Black men like it less.

Why?

Because people in America have been conditioned to be more accepting of long hair/loose curls than tight, kinky, afro type hair. Not everyone thinks that way though, me and my boys sure as hell don't.

/thread

Nino Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC/LDN
tumblr_m0jsk5xN1o1qezk6n.gif

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know. I got a lot of looks when I had my hair natural last week. It was surprising probably because I never paid much attention before.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Honest Question Bruhs...

I am natural, but I also wear sew ins & weaves SOMETIMES as well.

I notice that I get MORE play from black men with long weave than I do when my natural hair is out and kinky.

Why?

Do black men only like natural hair when it's long and straight like a Europeans or Asians?

its not a "all black men" thing.
some men ain't shyt and love black women with fake white girl hair; some men actually like real looking black women.

:yeshrug:

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi
My hair is 4c texture. That is extremely coarse. I put it up in s poof ball ponytail, or wear a headband around it and push it back into a poof.

I get play BOTH ways, but I get the most attention when I have a long sew in that is straight with a side part. The color is use is 1b/30 which is a goldish brown color and off black.

Men give me more attention with that hair, and the Chinese bang in my Avi.

I get less play natural. (Fact)

I have edges and a full head of hair. It's not LONG and straight, but it is very thick and full.

Black men like it less.

Why?
:dead: at the vivid description

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
btw weave is cool too, just gotta keep it compareabke to your real hair

youll be talkin to a chick with 12 inches of hair then shell show up one day with a 3 inch afro talkin bout she natural now. i just sit back like :ohhh:

Wearing a weave doesn't make you not natural imo. I know there are people on both sides of the fence, but at the end of the day, the natural hair is still under the weave. It's just another protective style. Out of sight, out of mind.

i never heard a dude in real life say they dont like weave so im not sure about all that. its really only on here where i hear that. i dont mind either style but i fuk with my natural sistas heavy

I haven't either honestly. I've never worn a weave, but I really do think about it because it sounds insanely convenient. Natural hair is a bytch to take care of. I don't get why people think women only wear weaves because they want straight hair. You can change length, color, texture in the snap of a finger while still maintaining a healthy, undamaged head of hair. There's nothing wrong with that.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
If I remember correctly you a hood chick right?

As a former "hood" dude. The drawbacks of hood mentality is that we can be closed minded to things that are different than what we grew up around (meaning weaves). You hang around a more professional man you will notice more play as a natural sista.

Also, natural hair will highlight either your natural beauty or averageness. So if you get less play, that usually means you weren't all that to begin with and the weaves were masking that to the brainwashed masses

Peace