Black men, how do we feel about this?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah

:patrice:
I understand where he's coming from as far as the "Hoteps" are concerned and the truth that some Black men may have an unwillingness to rally behind Black women/gays.

My concern lays more on the idea that dude suggests toward the middle, that women and gays are more so the faces/at the front line of our civil rights efforts today.

This isn't to say that they aren't a valid or equal part of it, but I feel like the efforts of cisgender (Cishet byrdgang whatever:skip:) Black men hold just as much weight.

Especially when you look at what's happened to the men in Ferguson, MI.

Does anyone feel as if there may be a certain narrative that exists, which implies that the average conscious Black man who doesn't align himself with any ascertainable, web-fostered "identity" or sub-cause, is often overlooked or disregarded outright?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I feel nothing because the idea that all men who don't support fakkitry are hoteps and so called "CIs gender" men don't do anything is a lie

At the end of the day protesting is not going to stop cop killing so cool thanks women and gays for protesting but foh trying to hold it over our heads like it really means something

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
The brother was spitting straight facts. I agree with what he said. How can someone be pro-Black while hating Black folks for having the "wrong" gender or sexual orientation? :hhh:

The issue, to me, isn't complicated. I support all Afrikans regardless of sexual orientation and gender. My vision of liberation does not exclude other Afrikans on the basis of the body parts of the person they have intercourse with or the body parts they were born with.

Anyone getting tripped up or confused on this issue is in all likelihood trying to dance around or reconcile their latent (or obvious) anti-LGBTQ feelings and misogyny.