Black or mixed Celebrities in Black Face

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
People are conflating out of context images to run defense for Drake.

I don’t care either way honestly. I just find the selective outrage funny. I like most of the artists I listed. I can differentiate between selling out and making an artistic statement or satirizing a situation. That said, it’s not always a great idea. As for Drake, I’m just enjoying the fukkery.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Will.I.Am

vmanickiandwilliam.jpg
:dame: :scust:

invalid

Banned
Bushed
Daps
You gotta have personal issues to ever put on blackface.

Im not talking about tribal paint, i mean real, american history based, blackface.

Anyone that has any familiarity with black artist and the black art scene would know that they have always used black face to explore themes of race. It’s an absolute non-issue.

One of my favorite visual artist from South Africa, and whose self-portraits I use as my avi, dresses in black face. Again, she’s exploring or addressing certain issues.

Black artist are about the only people where this is acceptable.

DLIM3hDXcAAZldw.jpg

The only people that are making a big deal about Drake are young blacks/new blacks and blacks in general who are not familiar with contemporary Black art history. Which is tragic.

You guys should do yourself a favor and acquaint yourselves with it.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Eh. Some of those aren't even "black face." That Rihanna one just look like some artsy, fartsy shyt, for example.