videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Also @videogamestashbox.com I think Nakamura isn't real and is either an AI or a group of people.

I hear ya,:whoa: but the point being raised isn't the validity of that individual(it even states above the named is a pseudonymous developer) the point was how recent an idea this is.:jbhmm:

Why bring the development history up?
Cause the first thing people say is "well it's a time proven method as opposed to what you suggest". With that on the table 2009 is not even a decade ago and 1998 is only 18 years ago. Which lead me to the position "would something so relatively new be taken seriously coming from an African(continent or diaspora) source"?:jbhmm:

To be clear I'm not saying it would or wouldn't ...I (was / am) simply posing the question:hubie:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@videogamestashbox.com @Jammer22

I went to an all black tech meet yestrday. First of many. I learned a hell of a lot about cryptocurrency and block chaining. Will be writing a technical piece on it later. Firstly I don't think an African cryptocurrency would have been well received by brehs because there was no way of knowing that even bitcoin would take off. After that though I think it would have been more likely to succeed. Look at Ethererum, besides being a framework, It's doing pretty well. The other issue is that there's nothing backing anything. In order for any of us to agree to use it we'd have to basically trust each other the same way dudes trust the gov. Lastly, I heard about market manipulation, and how at one point two months ago, someone dragged the Ethererum price from 100 dollars to 11 cents in 10 mins. Another dude then bought 100 dollars worth and the shyt shot back to it's current price.

The only positive selling point I could see back then is it all being decentralized. I'm not saying I wouldn't invest. But man it's a steep peak to scale.

I can see that:ehh: ...kinda reminds me of the potential for "chasys draw" which is made by a kenyan dev. It's quality work and I use it for everything instead of photoshop.:whew:
As free software it's mature enough now that it can really take off if bruhs start using it and donating to the project furthering it's production:obama:

Chasys Draw

Chasys Draw IES is a suite of image editing applications including a layer-based image editor with animation, icon editing support and super-resolution via image stacking (Chasys Draw IES Artist), a multi-threaded image file converter (Chasys Draw IES Converter), a fast image viewer (Chasys Draw IES Viewer) and a RAW camera file processor (Chasys Draw IES raw-Photo). The whole suite is UAC aware and is designed to take advantage of multi-core processors, touch-screens and pen-input devices.
01.png

“amazingly flexible, amazingly powerful”
Chasys Draw IES is built to adhere to three core principles, which I call the “three pillars” of Chasys Draw IES:
  • Character: No photoshop imitations here
  • Performance: Fast, efficient and stable
  • Innovation: New techniques and out-of-the-box thinking
The adherence to these principles is the reason why it is said that once you go Chasys you will never go back.

Latest changes:
  • MegaStack™ plug-in for unlimited stacking
  • FastExternals 3,33 with sub-folder searching
  • Configurable TEMP folder (scratch-disk)
  • Improved TextArt rendering and layout
  • Improved Photoshop Plug-in support
  • Improved Autosave engine and UI
  • Improved Undo engine
  • Several minor improvements and optimizations
  • [bug fix] Device import failures

Download location
Chasys Draw IES

Chasys Draw IES

Tutorials
Chasys Draw IES Help: Tutorials - Table of Contents

Documentation
John Paul Chacha's Lab - Chasys Draw IES - Online Help

Features List
Chasys Draw IES Help: List of Features

chacha.jpg

My name is John Paul Chacha, I'm a self-taught programmer from Kenya. I started coding as a hobby when I was fifteen. I prefer coding in C and C++ with a bit of inline Assembly here and there. I'm also familiar with a few other languages like Delphy/Pascal and VB, but I rarely use them. For web design, my preferred language is PHP.

I believe software should be fast, reliable and efficient, and I try my best to make sure that all my code conforms to these ideals. I believe bloatware is bad for the future of computing, and I therefore strive to keep all my software simple, fast and clean. I also believe in trying new methods and ideas, and that “established” methods are not always the best methods.

Did you say "Kenya"?
Yes, I'm Kenyan to the bone - yes, the East-African country that wins all the gold medals in the long-distance Olympic races. The Kenya of the Great Wildebeest Migration, the Kenya of the Lions of Tsavo, the Kenya where “Hakuna Matata”. Yes, that Kenya.

Do you live in a tree?
No, the Discovery Channel people exaggerate a bit - we have sky-scrappers and jet-liners, too. I live in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya - most of the time, at least. I love traveling. We call it “domestic tourism”.

How come I've never heard of you?
Because I'm still a “small name” in the software industry, but I'm hoping you are willing to assist. So, if you like my software, tell everyone you meet about it.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I can see that:ehh: ...kinda reminds me of the potential for "chasys draw" which is made by a kenyan dev. It's quality work and I use it for everything instead of photoshop.:whew:
As free software it's mature enough now that it can really take off if bruhs start using it and donating to the project furthering it's production:obama:

Chasys Draw

Chasys Draw IES is a suite of image editing applications including a layer-based image editor with animation, icon editing support and super-resolution via image stacking (Chasys Draw IES Artist), a multi-threaded image file converter (Chasys Draw IES Converter), a fast image viewer (Chasys Draw IES Viewer) and a RAW camera file processor (Chasys Draw IES raw-Photo). The whole suite is UAC aware and is designed to take advantage of multi-core processors, touch-screens and pen-input devices.
01.png

“amazingly flexible, amazingly powerful”
Chasys Draw IES is built to adhere to three core principles, which I call the “three pillars” of Chasys Draw IES:
  • Character: No photoshop imitations here
  • Performance: Fast, efficient and stable
  • Innovation: New techniques and out-of-the-box thinking
The adherence to these principles is the reason why it is said that once you go Chasys you will never go back.

Latest changes:
  • MegaStack™ plug-in for unlimited stacking
  • FastExternals 3,33 with sub-folder searching
  • Configurable TEMP folder (scratch-disk)
  • Improved TextArt rendering and layout
  • Improved Photoshop Plug-in support
  • Improved Autosave engine and UI
  • Improved Undo engine
  • Several minor improvements and optimizations
  • [bug fix] Device import failures

Download location
Chasys Draw IES

Chasys Draw IES

Tutorials
Chasys Draw IES Help: Tutorials - Table of Contents

Documentation
John Paul Chacha's Lab - Chasys Draw IES - Online Help

Features List
Chasys Draw IES Help: List of Features

chacha.jpg

My name is John Paul Chacha, I'm a self-taught programmer from Kenya. I started coding as a hobby when I was fifteen. I prefer coding in C and C++ with a bit of inline Assembly here and there. I'm also familiar with a few other languages like Delphy/Pascal and VB, but I rarely use them. For web design, my preferred language is PHP.

I believe software should be fast, reliable and efficient, and I try my best to make sure that all my code conforms to these ideals. I believe bloatware is bad for the future of computing, and I therefore strive to keep all my software simple, fast and clean. I also believe in trying new methods and ideas, and that “established” methods are not always the best methods.

Did you say "Kenya"?
Yes, I'm Kenyan to the bone - yes, the East-African country that wins all the gold medals in the long-distance Olympic races. The Kenya of the Great Wildebeest Migration, the Kenya of the Lions of Tsavo, the Kenya where “Hakuna Matata”. Yes, that Kenya.

Do you live in a tree?
No, the Discovery Channel people exaggerate a bit - we have sky-scrappers and jet-liners, too. I live in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya - most of the time, at least. I love traveling. We call it “domestic tourism”.

How come I've never heard of you?
Because I'm still a “small name” in the software industry, but I'm hoping you are willing to assist. So, if you like my software, tell everyone you meet about it.
I see what you mean but it’s different. Chasey's draw is a product as advertised. Cryptocurrency is more like the stock market. It can be volitile. shyt the person who holds the most bitcoins in the world could the whole undertaking and we wouldn't be able to find them cause we don't even know if Nakamoto is an actual person.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I see what you mean but it’s different. Chasey's draw is a product as advertised. Cryptocurrency is more like the stock market. It can be volitile. shyt the person who holds the most bitcoins in the world could the whole undertaking and we wouldn't be able to find them cause we don't even know if Nakamoto is an actual person.

I'm being a bit more abstract in my assessment than that.

I'm not comparing Cryptocurrency & Chasey draw as services in "like & kind" I'm speaking abstractly about anything...

@videogamestashbox.com @Jammer22

I went to an all black tech meet yestrday. First of many. I learned a hell of a lot about cryptocurrency and block chaining. Will be writing a technical piece on it later.
Firstly I don't think an African [insert here] would have been well received by brehs because there was no way of knowing that even [insert here] would take off. After that though I think it would have been more likely to succeed. Look at Ethererum, besides being a framework, It's doing pretty well. The other issue is that there's nothing backing anything. In order for any of us to agree to use it we'd have to basically trust each other the same way dudes trust the gov. Lastly, I heard about market manipulation, and how at one point two months ago, someone dragged the Ethererum price from 100 dollars to 11 cents in 10 mins. Another dude then bought 100 dollars worth and the shyt shot back to it's current price.

The only positive selling point I could see back then is it all being decentralized. I'm not saying I wouldn't invest. But man it's a steep peak to scale.

...even a
  • service,
  • product,
  • food,
  • fashion style,
  • anything really that wouldn't take off for uncertainty of it or something similar being viable.

Then after it(or similar product) has proven it self, having the ability to slowly take off and succeed. The nuts & bolts specifics behind what makes any give product or service(in this case Cryptocurrency) an uncertainty wasn't what I was speaking about. Once I abstracted the issue the first African tech product to come to mind(and [insert here]) was Chasey draw.

I.E. I'm not saying they are the same I'm saying the abstraction of the embolden above immediately brings "Chasey draw" to mind
(product/service contrasts & comparisons being it's own issue)

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm being a bit more abstract in my assessment than that.

I'm not comparing Cryptocurrency & Chasey draw as services in "like & kind" I'm speaking abstractly about anything...

...even a
  • service,
  • product,
  • food,
  • fashion style,
  • anything really that wouldn't take off for uncertainty of it or something similar being viable.

Then after it(or similar product) has proven it self, having the ability to slowly take off and succeed. The nuts & bolts specifics behind what makes any give product or service(in this case Cryptocurrency) an uncertainty wasn't what I was speaking about. Once I abstracted the issue the first African tech product to come to mind(and [insert here]) was Chasey draw.

I.E. I'm not saying they are the same I'm saying the abstraction of the embolden above immediately brings "Chasey draw" to mind
(product/service contrasts & comparisons being it's own issue)
ok.