Black people (in USA) who don't own firearms. Why?

Should most Black people own at least one gun?

• Yes

Votes: 68 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I am not a violent type by far but I have owned a gun since 16 and own several now for home defense and just target practice. With all the stuff going on in the country (and world) I am curious as to how even the most pacifist breh or brehette doesn't consider being strapped.

If you live in a high crime area, or even if you don't, you probably want one for protection.

Single women living alone, I say you definitely should consider one.

Looking at all these White people doing militia training and gun classes against the implied threat of an 'urban uprising' in case of social disorder...you think they are going to be friends?

Having kids can be a hassle if you have a gun in the house but you can use locks and safes to secure them.

Basic pride of Black history when we often weren't allowed to own guns?

I know people live in states like NY, NJ, Cali, etc. that make some types of guns a hassle to get but for those who can buy guns, if you haven't, what is your reasoning?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I keep hearing shyt like “ I don’t want that [bad] energy in my house” type shyt from other black people.

We gotta let go of these fukking superstitions. Tired of this damn witch doctor shyt

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
A lot of us live in states where it's impossible to legally get a firearm.

Yeah I know hand guns and assault rifles are illegal or hard to get in many places. NYC and NJ come to mind. That's a good reason though you can still usually buy non-assault rifles and shot guns.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I keep hearing shyt like “ I don’t want that [bad] energy in my house” type shyt from other black people.

We gotta let go of these fukking superstitions. Tired of this damn witch doctor shyt

Let's not be dishonest--guns often hurt or kill by accident and are used in attempted suicide so there is risk. But protection may be more crucial in the future so I think if someone doesn't want a gun, it needs to be for an eyes open, rational type of reason.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
1) Because I can't do it legally in my state
2) I haven't left the nest so even if I could that would probably be the type of decision to get me kicked out

I do believe in having a gun/guns though, but I find some states too loose with it

What do you mean? If you don't have a felony you usually can get rifles and shotguns. Handguns and assault rifles are the difficult ones...

But maybe you are in NYC:jbhmm:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
What do you mean? If you don't have a felony you usually can get rifles and shotguns. Handguns and assault rifles are the difficult ones...

But maybe you are in NYC:jbhmm:
NJ. If you aren't retired law enforcement or lack political connections you're not getting your permit as a civilian.