Black people: NEPOTISM is NOT BAD. Stop hating on it, and start doing it for YOUR kids.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah, yeah, i know not ALL of us hate on nepotism, but many do. I'm not the only one who noticed this either because other threads have been made about it in the past:
Why is nepotism frowned upon in the Black community?

Nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. It usually takes the form of employing relatives or appointing them to high office. It is based on favor granted in various fields, including business, politics, entertainment, sports, religion and other activities.

That being said, Black people need to get rid of this mentality that "starting from the bottom" and struggling every generation makes you "realer" and noble. Stop glamorizing it. "They ain't start from the bottom...their PARENTS put them on!" That's GOOD...if being a real nikka is about starting from the bottom, pressing the RESET button every generation, then i don't want to be a real nikka then :dame:

We need to break this anti-nepotism mentality and start practicing it with our own kids/relatives. NEPOTISM IS NOT BAD/WRONG. Stop hating on it and DO IT.

When i was about 15, i worked in my dad's business. I also would assist him with maintaining houses he owned or picking up rent from tenants after i got my license etc
And even though this was real work, there were some other black people my age (or even older) who would hate on me for it, because they had to work at McDonald's or Wendy's, and act like i wasn't as "real" because i didn't have to work some fast food job under a bunch of white managers.

I also think some of the hate was due to the fact i enjoyed working for my Pops. i didn't hate my job, it was work, but i didn't hate it. I also got to see firsthand how you run a business. Other nikkas would be mad about having to go clock in at Bojangles and slaving for white ppl, but i liked my job. Now i am a landlord myself and also have my own business, but i may not have if it weren't for learning from my father. My father did what he was supposed to.

I get that not everyone can do the same thing my dad did. But, you can at least do something on a smaller scale. At least have a decent savings and investments. And teach them financial literacy.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I see so many of us criticize people who got help (whether it's a high position, business, home, or money, etc) from their parents, saying they're not as real because they got a "handout" and didn't "start from the bottom". If you had to start at the bottom, there's no shame in that, but you shouldn't want your kids to start at the bottom too. You should be trying to break the cycle by setting them up with something, not GLAMORIZING it.

We call ppl passing money/assets to, or giving a good job to their kids a "handout" and criticize it, but have NO PROBLEM with all these black kids being brought into poverty and passed down absolutely nothing every day. So it's okay to give your kids absolutely nothing, but passing down some money or a business or connections is BAD?

Like when some ppl on here talk about cacs, arabs, latinos etc hiring their family in their businesses, they speak as if they are wrong for doing so. "They hiring their family and friends over others, that's not fair!" "They only in that position because their parents helped them!!!!" That's what you're SUPPOSED to do :what:Put your kids/fam on FIRST. We would know that if we actually did it

But we think working under a bunch of white ppl in some min wage slave job is the best thing in the world, so i doubt this will change

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
It's like they made the slaves believe Nepotism was bad so they would not have the mentality to build generational wealth. And only successful negros are the ones picked by them and this causes hater shyt amongst the other negros as they are competing to get picked by white. Nepotism has been washed out of black culture. Black people make you feel bad for being a step dad or mom. Black people on that "its all about me and mines" cacs got most of us brainwashed. shyt is sad:francis:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
They think nepotism is bad because they're getting there jobs from white people who use nepotism.

You build your own shyt and use nepotism to your advantage but that's a whole different platinum thread.
and another thread of gov destroying self-sustaining black communities. I agree though we need should improve every generation

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
America wouldn't exist without the nepotism of white slave owners passing down their fortunes/property and human slaves (that they didn't work for and inherited from their parents) down to their kids so they could do the same and repeat the process.

Any black person against it should be neutered

Trump got his whole damn unqualified family in the white house with jobs

Daps
Black people only bash white nepotism, because we don't have the same kind of network, and aren't in enough positions to hook each other up. And when it comes to white owned companies, they are not letting too many of us in, because they will never allow themselves to be outnumbered. It's never about who is the most qualified, it's about who they want to succeed. I don't think black people are bashing black nepotism. We need to be exercising this as much as possible. We just have to be in the position to practice it in the first place.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Nepotism is bad, but we should do it for our families anyway because everyone else is doing it for their families.

Black people only bash white nepotism, because we don't have the same kind of network, and aren't in enough positions to hook each other up. And when it comes to white owned companies, they are not letting too many of us in, because they will never allow themselves to be outnumbered. It's never about who is the most qualified, it's about who they want to succeed. I don't think black people are bashing black nepotism. We need to be exercising this as much as possible. We just have to be in the position to practice it in the first place.

But that in itself leads to more problems than it solves in the long run.

The people with the talent at the bottom wither away to rot because they weren't born into the right family or situation isn't any better.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I'd rather put someone on who can acutally do the job, mainly because your kids aren't gonna have the same drive for your business that you do.

that's just me
Then its up to you to teach your kids to get them up to speed. As long as they are normal body able human beings with no mental challenges there's no excuse you you not passing your businesses down to your children so that wealth stays in your family. You'd be a fool not too.