"Blasphemy Must Be Declared an International Crime"

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
KARACHI - Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has stressed the US and the UN to declare the blasphemy as international crime and announced to take up the issue in United Nations and OIC.

Blasphemy must be declared int

THE divide in world opinion over what constitutes free speech will be on display again this week at the United Nations, where arguments over a proposed blasphemy law were an annual feature for a decade. This time it is the global reaction to a YouTube video that disparages Islam's prophet Muhammad that is sure to roil the meeting of the UN General Assembly.

Muslim leaders have vowed to discuss the offensive video from their UN platforms, sowing concern among free-speech activists of a fresh push toward an international law that would criminalise blasphemy. Human rights groups and Western democracies resisted such a law for years and thought they had finally quashed the matter after convincing enough nations that repressive regimes used blasphemy laws to imprison or execute dissidents. ''I expect that we'll regress to where we were a couple of years ago,'' said Courtney Radsch, program manager for the Global Freedom of Expression Campaign at the non-profit group Freedom House.

''Human rights are not about protecting religions; human rights are to protect humans,'' she said. ''Who is going to be the decision-maker on deciding what blasphemy is?'' At one end of the spectrum is France, where a magazine on Wednesday published cartoons of Muhammad as a naked, cowering man to underscore a point that even the most offensive expression should be protected. At the other end of the spectrum is the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, who disappointed many free-speech activists last week by suggesting limitations to freedom of speech when it was ''used to provoke or humiliate''.

Push to call blasphemy a crime

It's important to note that several Western countries, and some US states, still have blasphemy laws on the books, but they are not enforced. Seems like they should repeal those before going around arguing against this.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
tumblr_lxtieiTWcp1qk01ux.gif

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Why are they tryin to act like a youtube video no on ever saw caused all this?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
When you have Western Diplomats and politicians calling the film "distusting, and "vile", along with other words, but failing to mention that the film was made legally under our laws, you just end up empowering this type of non-sense. I don't mind distancing ourselves from the message of the film, but we have to affirm that in our society and law, this is allowed.

Like I said initially though, some of the US states need to fix their shyt up before they get their clits itchy over this.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Just to be fair, and for this not to turn into some anti-Islam thread:

We know Russia arrested the band p*ssy Riot using a form of blasphemy laws.

And in Greece, a man is being charged with jail time for making an atheist facebook page that insulted religion:

Petition | greek parliament: Free 'Geron Past*tsios' and abolish Greek anti-blasphemy laws! | Change.org

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
I think I'm starting to understand the thought process of these trolls who deliberately offend religious people.

When shyt like this happens, you can't really be mad at those guys for doing what they do.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I think I'm starting to understand the thought process of these trolls who deliberately offend religious people.

When shyt like this happens, you can't really be mad at those guys for doing what they do.

That's why so many posters here including me got on their anti-Islam :troll: steez on :hamster: and here. When these a$$holes get all salty and cuss you out and try to tell you to stop dissing Islam like we can't openly criticize religion in a knowledge forum, the natural inclination of many is to fukk with them more.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
That's why so many posters here including me got on their anti-Islam :troll: steez on :hamster: and here. When these a$$holes get all salty and cuss you out and try to tell you to stop dissing Islam like we can't openly criticize religion in a knowledge forum, the natural inclination of many is to fukk with them more.

Usually its a bad idea to poke and prod someone who is clearly insane.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Usually its a bad idea to poke and prod someone who is clearly insane.

fuk em :manny:

shyt reminds me of when people say stuff like "Don't mind him he's drunk, he didn't mean it"

Nah nikka I'm supposed to give u a pass for being rude cause u drunk? :what:

Nah son, u still gonna get ur ass whooped just the same. U shoulda thought about that shyt before u picked up the bottle

we ride on crazy nikkas too

:ehh: