So-Fla
As I get older this even pisses me off fukking lucky b*stard

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
Someone break down his contract for me:wow:

After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million. Mets owner Fred Wilpon accepted the deal mostly because he was heavily invested with Ponzi scheme operator Bernie Madoff, and the 10 percent returns he thought he was getting on his investments with Madoff outweighed the 8 percent interest the Mets would be paying on Bonilla's initial $5.9 million.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The greatest contract there ever was :wow:

Is there any definitive answer on whether or not Steve Young is still getting paid off of the USFL deal?

I call it the 2nd best contract ever.

the BEST deal in pro sports goes to the two brothers that own the spirts of st louis.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million. Mets owner Fred Wilpon accepted the deal mostly because he was heavily invested with Ponzi scheme operator Bernie Madoff, and the 10 percent returns he thought he was getting on his investments with Madoff outweighed the 8 percent interest the Mets would be paying on Bonilla's initial $5.9 million.

:mjlol:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Someone break down his contract for me:wow:

Aight, so, he signed a 5yr, 29mil deal with the Marlins in ’96, and two years into it he fell off. Got dealt to the Dodgers, then flipped to the Mets. Entering the last year of his deal, Mets owed him 5.9mil off that Marlin’s deal. They agreed to a buyout to get him off the roster (Mets were making a World Series push, and no one would take on his contract in a trade, no other option). His agent offered the Mets a deal, he’d defer the buyout payments for a decade, then from there they’d pay his contract plus 8% interest, in an annual payment every July.

Now, why did the Mets agree to this? Because the owner was heavily invested in Madoff and this deal was peanuts compared to the returns he was getting off of Bernie :wow:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The gift that keeps on giving....well until age 72
:blessed:

oan, didn't Ichiro get something or try to get something similar to this?