Bollywood coming out with a movie about street rappers

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Hip Hop comes in many forms, but the question is which one is the most effective and profitable.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Im tired of everyone loving black culture but hating black people.

Who told you that any of these guys involved hate Black people? :why:

Street rap is still super underground in India, there's only been one famous rapper in Indian history that anyone really knows and he's pretty much their Diddy, the vast majority of Indians know nothing about rap and probably don't even know that rap and Black people are connected. Even the biggest street rapper in India is still getting about 1/100th the play of the famous singers. This movie will probably be millions of Indians' very first exposure to street rap.

Outside of the cities with African student/immigrant populations, the only thing most Indians know about Black people is that they play for the West Indies cricket team, and then there's Barack Obama.

The small subset that's really into street rap probably feels inspired by and connected to Black people, that's why they pick up on their medium.

Believe that 1,200,000,000 people are a monolith brehs. :mjlol:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Who told you that any of these guys involved hate Black people? :why:

Street rap is still super underground in India, there's only been one famous rapper in Indian history that anyone really knows and he's pretty much their Diddy, the vast majority of Indians know nothing about rap and probably don't even know that rap and Black people are connected. Even the biggest street rapper in India is still getting about 1/100th the play of the famous singers. This movie will probably be millions of Indians' very first exposure to street rap.

Outside of the cities with African student/immigrant populations, the only thing most Indians know about Black people is that they play for the West Indies cricket team, and then there's Barack Obama.

The small subset that's really into street rap probably feels inspired by and connected to Black people, that's why they pick up on their medium.

Believe that 1,200,000,000 people are a monolith brehs. :mjlol:
Breh get gone trying to change history.

They do not like black people as whole. This is facts.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh get gone trying to change history.

They do not like black people as whole. This is facts.

History? Breh, the vast majority of Indians have NEVER known a Black person, how could they "as a whole" not like Black people when a lot of them don't even know what one is? Legit MOST of the poor Indians I've met think you from West Indies if you Black, they don't even know that Black people come from Africa cause the South African cricket team is mostly White and that's the only thing about Africa they've ever known.

In my experience talking to a lot of Indians in India, some mix of the following is what defines their feelings about Black people:

They either love or hate the West Indies cricket team
A lot of them are Chris Gayle fans
A lot of them are Obama fans
Most of them are xenophobic towards all foreigners, though that sometimes changes if you tell them you from America (even if you Black)
The vast majority in North India have colorism in beauty standards, which they apply to their own people and foreigners both

It's not easy to be Black in a lot of India because you run into 10,000 people a day and you WILL get stares or racist bullshyt from some of them. Every fukking day you will. They don't have a PC culture, they just say what's on their minds, so the racists have no problems spouting off until you show them you know their language or are willing to throw hands. But the 5 or 10 or 20 racists you hear in a day or the 1000 who were staring or the 2000 others who were thinking it doesn't describe the whole 10,000 you ran into.

We'll see how the burgeoning hip-hop movement fits into everything. I've never met a street rapper. But my guess is that these are guys who have a reason to look up to the Black community or feel solidarity with them due to their situation, and I'd rather foster solidarity than act like a dikk and give them a reason to hate.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
They think black people are poor and they will not permit their families to marry blacks . Those are facts...

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
History? Breh, the vast majority of Indians have NEVER known a Black person, how could they "as a whole" not like Black people when a lot of them don't even know what one is? Legit MOST of the poor Indians I've met think you from West Indies if you Black, they don't even know that Black people come from Africa cause the South African cricket team is mostly White and that's the only thing about Africa they've ever known.

In my experience talking to a lot of Indians in India, some mix of the following is what defines their feelings about Black people:

They either love or hate the West Indies cricket team
A lot of them are Chris Gayle fans
A lot of them are Obama fans
Most of them are xenophobic towards all foreigners, though that sometimes changes if you tell them you from America (even if you Black)
The vast majority in North India have colorism in beauty standards, which they apply to their own people and foreigners both

It's not easy to be Black in a lot of India because you run into 10,000 people a day and you WILL get stares or racist bullshyt from some of them. Every fukking day you will. They don't have a PC culture, they just say what's on their minds, so the racists have no problems spouting off until you show them you know their language or are willing to throw hands. But the 5 or 10 or 20 racists you hear in a day or the 1000 who were staring or the 2000 others who were thinking it doesn't describe the whole 10,000 you ran into.

We'll see how the burgeoning hip-hop movement fits into everything. I've never met a street rapper. But my guess is that these are guys who have a reason to look up to the Black community or feel solidarity with them due to their situation, and I'd rather foster solidarity than act like a dikk and give them a reason to hate.
Let one of their sisters or cousin bring home a black man. All that hip hop shyt goes out the window. #facts.

Bollywood doesnt even honor dark skinned indians properly, so how do you think they feel about black people?

We dont make this shyt up breh.

'India Is The Most Racist Country I Have Been To' - An African-American's POV

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Living in Toronto, lots of cool South Asian folk but there's definitely truth to the intense racism/elitism within the culture. Maybe not young people in their 20s maybe even 30s who are open minded and raised with other cultures, but definitely the parents project very closed minded ideals onto their kids and a lot of them run with it into adulthood. Lots of folk want to identify with blackness but are quick to toss out the N word or disassociate themselves when the topic is anything other than rap, ball, fashion or Toronto slang... Just my thoughts :yeshrug:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Remember back in the early days of YouTube when American soldiers would go to the Middle East and the little kids would rap In Da Club by 50 Cent:blessed:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Culture vultures

They was sending out all types of lawsuits for Bollywood samples. They should stick to their own shyt.

:camby:
Bollywood is crap, even worse commercialization than America, just three labels (Sony and two Indian labels) control 90% of the market. I'm sure the movie will be crap, like I said.

But you think street rappers have any say in that? :why:

Let little brehs in the hood cook,

Let one of their sisters or cousin bring home a black man. All that hip hop shyt goes out the window. #facts.

Bollywood doesnt even honor dark skinned indians properly, so how do you think they feel about black people?

We dont make this shyt up breh.

'India Is The Most Racist Country I Have Been To' - An African-American's POV

Breh, everything in that article is true. India the most prejudiced country I've ever been in too, they got people with hate for absolutely anything you can imagine, and it might be hard for African-Americans but it's even harder for Africans. There are a LOT of racists.

In India they will hate you for your caste, tribe, color, homeland, gender, accent, religion, or region of the country. It's hard on everyone in that place.

But there's a world of difference between claiming that a country has millions of racists and claiming that every damn person in the country is racist. Even in that article there were Indians criticizing India's racist culture. If you literally believe that just cause most of them like that it means everyone is, then you being prejudiced just like they are. :why: