Bomani Jones & Pablo Torre Under Consideration For ESPN2 Show -- UPDATE: ESPN Canceling High Noon

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think it was a case of there being few places to go that are a good fit. Fox is almost entirely built around content that seems to be the antithesis of what they seemed to want to do with High Noon. NBC somehow has less overall visibility than Fox, and their biggest names are, and will always be, tied to their NFL coverage.

There's other options like The Athletic, or one of the other smaller digital platforms, but those would be significant steps down, most likely. If the other option is to re-up with a company that fukks with you, but just doesn't want to give you your own TV show right now, it's not a bad option :yeshrug:

shyt, ESPN bushed Stephen A after Quite Frankly, and now they're shoehorning him into Get Up to boost their final hour.

Get Up was DOA the moment that article came out which leaked the salary of the original three co-hosts.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get Up was DOA the moment that article came out which leaked the salary of the original three co-hosts.

It didn't help that Get Up had absolutely no fukking structure when it started. There was no solid, tangible difference between that and the AM Sportscenter.

If they were smart, they would've just made a new version of Cold Pizza.

Daps
It didn't help that Get Up had absolutely no fukking structure when it started. There was no solid, tangible difference between that and the AM Sportscenter.

If they were smart, they would've just made a new version of Cold Pizza.
That’s because the President of ESPN at that time got hit with a Me Too case and Iger fired him. We never got to fully see what he intended to do with all those personalities

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
I either read or heard that saying a long time ago, and they were talking about Simmons :deadmanny:

His voice always reminds of

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s because the President of ESPN at that time got hit with a Me Too case and Iger fired him. We never got to fully see what he intended to do with all those personalities

It also came out he was out here riding the coke wave, too.

Homie was out here living wild, even by his own accounts.

But, yeah, him stepping down is how we ended up stuck in the middle of this weird makeover ESPN is trying to put itself through.