Bomani Jones & Pablo Torre Under Consideration For ESPN2 Show -- UPDATE: ESPN Canceling High Noon

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting, if that happens I wonder do they replace Bo with Stugotz on Highly Questionable

Pablo Torre and Bomani Jones considered for new ESPN show

The changes to the ESPN lineup are continuing in the wake of Michael Smith and Jemele Hillbecoming 6 p.m. SportsCenter hosts starting in February. That’s opened up the old noon Eastern on ESPN2 slot that Smith and Hill used to fill withHis and Hers, and according toMichael McCarthy of The Sporting News, Pablo Torre (right above) and Bomani Jones (left above) are under consideration to do a combined studio show in that slot:

ESPN is eying Bomani Jones and Pablo S. Torre to replace Jemele Hill and Michael Smith in the noon time slot on ESPN2, sources tell Sporting News.

The two up and comers are under consideration to create their own studio show, succeeding “His & Hers” when Hill and Smith move to the 6 p.m. “SportsCenter” next year.

Both Jones and Torre are viewed as rising talents in Bristol.

However, a source said a final decision hasn’t been made. And Jones/Torre is just one of several scenarios under consideration. ESPN declined to comment.

So, this is still very preliminary at this point, but it’s certainly interesting that Jones and Torre are under consideration here. Both have demonstrated a wide range of talents at ESPN over the past few years, with Torre writing forESPN The Magazine and ESPN.com and showing a solid TV presence on everything fromOlbermann to Around The Horn and Jones becoming a key part of Highly Questionable and also hosting his The Right Time radio show. They might be interesting figures to bounce off each other, too; both are very smart and offer some outside-of-the-box perspectives, and a show with both seems more likely to be interesting discussion than embracing debate and hot takes. We’ll see if this happens, but it’s definitely an idea with some potential.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Pablo is smart but almost too aware of his intelligence and it can get annoying. Plus neither are guys that bring much in the way of actual sports analysis. Bomani actively talks about not watching or knowing stuff which is cool, but their show would HAVE to be a lot about the peripheral aspects of sports instead of the actual game analysis

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I hope it's funny, because I don't think the public wants to see two smart guys talking sports and there's no jokes.

Bo's radio show is great because it's funny.
Pablo is not funny to me.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Pablo and Bo
I wouldn't have the time to watch the show bc of work
But if ESPN offer it podcast like others I'll listen