Bomani Jones & Pablo Torre Under Consideration For ESPN2 Show -- UPDATE: ESPN Canceling High Noon

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pablo is smart but almost too aware of his intelligence and it can get annoying. Plus neither are guys that bring much in the way of actual sports analysis. Bomani actively talks about not watching or knowing stuff which is cool, but their show would HAVE to be a lot about the peripheral aspects of sports instead of the actual game analysis

That makes him funny to me. He's aware that he does that but doesn't take himself seriously when the panel mocks him. He's got good insight and him and Bo make sense. As long as it's not Will Cain.

They should just give that spot to Highly Questionable

Dan, Bomani, and Papi for a full hour :feedme:

Nah. HQ doesn't let them get in depth because it's mostly comedy. Papi is hilarious but he's in the way of Bo's potential.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Pablo's intelligence is overrated, he loves statistics, that doesn't mean he is intelligent.

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Put me in the boat of people who find Pablo annoying, but for me its more than just his intellectual offerings. Am I the only one who finds the way he annunciates words and moves his mouth (pause) to be cringe-worthy? Its so bad that even if I'm just listening to him on radio without seeing him I'm repulsed because I know he's doing it :manny:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Put me in the boat of people who find Pablo annoying, but for me its more than just his intellectual offerings. Am I the only one who finds the way he annunciates words and moves his mouth (pause) to be cringe-worthy? Its so bad that even if I'm just listening to him on radio without seeing him I'm repulsed because I know he's doing it :manny:

Yeah dude can be really annoying at times

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Two of the most annoying ass "im smarter than you" ass muthafukkas on one show??!?!?!?!:patrice:

Im DVR'n that fukkery!!! :gladbron:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Bomani has a personality and is witty & entertaining. Pablo takes himself way too serious. No entertainment value at all.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I don't get why so many sports fans are intimidated/bothered by how smart Pablo and Bomani are. So much insecurity. It's crazy.

And Bomani should've replaced Skip Bayless. He's too smart & he's underused everywhere. Plus, he would draw heat & piss off all the CAC sports fans with his takes. But I'll take a Bo & Pablo show. It would easily be the smartest thing on ESPN.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Bomani is bigger than ESPN.

That HBO show that Simmons got...that's the type of thing Bomani needs.

He needs a platform where he can address sports and other topics. And while his podcast/radio show is good...I don't think it has the same reach or flexibility that a thing on HBO or showtime could have.