Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Embiid has John/Clint/OO all by at least 60 lbs...AT LEAST. Clint/John/Gallo/OO will be more than ready for this matchup against the Bucks. Giannis ain't coming close to having the offensive game Embiid does. I can actually see Giannis having a Randle type series tbh.

Only difference is that we had DeAndre to guard Julius. We don’t have a true 1 on 1 defensive matchup for him…I think he will have a good series vs us but I’m ok with that if we limit everyone else

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Biggest defensive question marks for us will be:

-Who guards Giannis?
-Who guards Khris Middleton?

We all know Giannis is a beast and is going to get his, but if we can keep him out the lane and force him to make FTs and jump shots we’ll be in good shape. Maybe in this series we start Gallo to give us more length to guard Giannis in the half court. Maybe Solo? I don’t want JC or Capela as a primary defender on him

I think the Hawks have options guarding Giannis with likely candidates being Solo, John, Clint, OO, and Gallo. I think we throw the same coverages at Giannis that we did with Randle with the pseudo double. Giannis doesn't have the shooting prowless of Embiid or Randle so that helps a ton also.

The most interesting piece however is the lineup Nate starts with. Do you reinsert Solo into the starting lineup to have him start on Giannis or do you keep rolling with Kevin in the starting lineup with how he's playing? Going to be interesting.

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Only difference is that we had DeAndre to guard Julius. We don’t have a true 1 on 1 defensive matchup for him…I think he will have a good series vs us but I’m ok with that if we limit everyone else

This is true. But Giannis isn't the shooting threat that Randle is...so for me, I'm fine with having a shorter player like Solo guarding him as Solo has strong base to bang with him a little. The same with Gallo as well.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This is true. But Giannis isn't the shooting threat that Randle is...so for me, I'm fine with having a shorter player like Solo guarding him as Solo has strong base to bang with him a little. The same with Gallo as well.
Gallo is our best option. He was critical against Randle as well.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Folks may not like it but every player you named is a potential asset in a trade for a bigger star specifically because you can’t pay all of them.

Travis Schlenk has be a masterful GM so I expect some turnover in the offseason and possibly us getting an all star to pair with Trae.

I agree with you and the assessment @im not you partna made. It's clear we need a playmaker/distributor off the bench and another wing who can create their own shot. And I think we already have that on the roster

No matter what happens in this series, the future is bright and more experience will be invaluable in making this team a perennial power in the conference.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
I honestly think OO could be our secret weapon vs Giannis

Yea I agree…man his confidence has grown so much over the past few months where even in limited minutes he’s making a huge impact. He’s definitely going to get his shot to get time on Giannis because he’s long but quick

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
We matchup well with the Bucks. Holiday’s defense is definitely gonna be something to watch. I think everything else is a wash man to man. Giannis is gonna find it tough to dominate in the paint especially after we’ve had 7 games of dealing with Embiid.

I mean we just beat a team with 3 All NBA defenders. No offense to Jrue b/c he’s a solid defender but MIL doesn’t present the same problems defensively that Philly did. I think Trae gets Jrue into foul trouble and who does Bud go with? A washed Jeff Teague? We already know Jeff’s limitations and he’s no match for Trae.

We build a wall in the lane and Giannis won’t be as effective. I’m looking at how MIL played in that BK series and there were times they looked completely lost on offense. We can absolutely run these guys off the court