Bored, Broke, and Armed: interview with Chicago gang members to find out how so many have died

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
The blame game doesn't resolve solution. We know who's fault it is, but I don't really care, that's past, now gears need to be in motion by the people (outside entities won't do shyt) to fix it.

like farakhan said, guys like obama dont come back to Chicago

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I almost forgot he was from there :damn:

uh oh looks like he's goin back to chi town next month

Before heading to the White House, Barack Obama called Chicago home and now the president is reportedly planning to give the city one last shoutout before he leaves office on January 20. According to Politico, Obama will deliver a farewell speech in Chicago early next month.

This news comes just a month after Obama honored a number of Chicagoans with his final Presidential Medal of Freedom awards.

Two sources with “knowledge of the event” told the news outlet that the speech will include remarks thanking Chicago and the state of Illinois for helping to launch his political career. He first served as a state senator in Illinois’ 13th District and a U.S. senator before being elected president in 2008.

The speech is expected to take place on January 10, but a location is not yet known. Major venues, such as McCormick Place and the United Center, are reportedly being surveyed by the Secret Service.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
I was WILD growing up and these dudes scare me. No leadership and no one cares about them, just let them shoot it out.
Like a pack of rogue killer whales. No order, no conscious. :merchant:
uh oh looks like he's goin back to chi town next month
Shout out? They need a bill or 2 passed. :what: He can do it for gays and muslims but not for them?

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i want to feel bad for some of these young men, but you're going to tell me violence is the ONLY thing they can think to do with their time ? i know they may lack guidance, but how long do you live like this before it hits you that this cannot continue ? you MUST do everything in your power to improve your situation.

i cant deal with too many excuses. i moved to a new city and lived in my car until i got my shyt together. how many more friends and family have to die ? how many years do you need to spend locked up for a fire to be lit under your ass ?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Since they are all around scumbags who revel in violence I'd be interested to see them turned into a weapon against white supremacists.

If more white people have to die so less black people have to die, I'm all for it.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Most these nggas is lost souls...is it entirely their fault..."no". This is the cycle that was put in place decades ago. Now shyt is too far GONE. Nggas writin the same articles tellin the same stories since the 70s 80s in hoods across the U.S. Nggas gonna keep droppin until changes are instituted (which they likely wont be) from legislature levels. WAR already been lost. Its just up to each individual to do whatever it is they need to do to get out if they cherish their own life. Idc about a ngga life that dont care about mines :ufdup:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
i want to feel bad for some of these young men, but you're going to tell me violence is the ONLY thing they can think to do with their time ? i know they may lack guidance, but how long do you live like this before it hits you that this cannot continue ? you MUST do everything in your power to improve your situation.

i cant deal with too many excuses. i moved to a new city and lived in my car until i got my shyt together. how many more friends and family have to die ? how many years do you need to spend locked up for a fire to be lit under your ass ?
I watched some interview from this chitown rapper Rico Reckless or whatever his name is... Its literally impossible to be a square and survive in some of these places.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The blame game doesn't resolve, blaming is not a solution. We know who's fault it is, but I don't really care, that's past, now gears need to be in motion by the people (outside entities won't do shyt) to fix it.

Inequality is always going to produce crime. That's a science that can be tested anywhere in the world.

If you're not bent on destroying and taking out the roots, it's futile to cry about the branches that's always going to be grow back.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
some sad shyt in there

For some, there was admittedly a lack of motivation to job-hunt. For others, criminal records got in the way. Kaos said he had been turned away by Walmart, Walgreens, Footlocker and others. One in four adults in this neighborhood has not graduated from high school, and the unemployment rate is 33 percent, two and a half times the citywide rate.
Even when Kaos landed a job, there were complications getting there. Riding public transportation can make gang members easy targets for rivals.

But the alternatives are tough, too: Kaos had recently gotten a job with a company baking pastries for international flights, but he quit after three days because he wouldn’t be paid until after his second week, he said, and he didn’t have gas money to get to work. And in a neighborhood where people haggle over dollar bills, he did not have anyone to borrow money from.

Me in 2010 - 2012:mjcry:they ain't got shyt for young nikkas...

Finding a job that will hire u ain't easy...

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il

They live like that until they get killed. I know gang culture is big in certain cities but it is seriously out of control in Chicago. There are no longer organized gangs but all these little cliques from different neighborhoods with no leader. If you are all the same age, doing the same shyt, still getting chicks to have sex with you, can get money selling drugs and ALL (because the good kids wont hang out this foolish) the kids are doing the exact same thing you are doing. Who or what is going to get them to change? We don't even have local officials who give a damn.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
I watched some interview from this chitown rapper Rico Reckless or whatever his name is... Its literally impossible to be a square and survive in some of these places.
:usure:its square nikkas everywhere, chance the rapper type squares:russ:

nikkas be getting into this shyt by choice, they chose to frontline & make themselves a target...

Everybody is gang affiliated to a certain degree based on where u live at but you don't have to frontline, post up on the block, hang around them nikkas, do shootings, bang on social media etc.

All those activities are by choice..