Bored, Broke, and Armed: interview with Chicago gang members to find out how so many have died

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Meanwhile someone like Chief Keef could have built 2 factories in the community to make his own brand of shoes while employing the community and having State wide support. But this is the difference between the educated and non. The "Build a plan, execute" and "We don't know what to do". Lost souls make a lost community, they keep waiting for a saviour but none of them are even thinking of being one. And the ones that can be, leave with the quickness because they know they are around lost souls not worth saving. Sad situation all around. Then they will turn around and be upset at the immigrants who run a business, but they had the 'stack' to do just that a month ago but blew it all on materialistic bullshyt like a fendi belt, lean, jordans and a night of fun to flex on IG. Meanwhile the immigrant business owner is wearing sweats to the shop and saving up to possibly have 2 or 3 more stores.
Chief Keef isnt allowed back in the hood.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
i want to feel bad for some of these young men, but you're going to tell me violence is the ONLY thing they can think to do with their time ? i know they may lack guidance, but how long do you live like this before it hits you that this cannot continue ? you MUST do everything in your power to improve your situation.

i cant deal with too many excuses. i moved to a new city and lived in my car until i got my shyt together. how many more friends and family have to die ? how many years do you need to spend locked up for a fire to be lit under your ass ?
It's a little different when you grow up in the gang life. The article mentioned that some of these boys who actually had fathers in their lives(albeit the father's were only in their lives for a short period) their fathers were prominent gang members themselves. When you see your own father throwing up a gangsta disciples sign or a pitchfork and he makes you emulate it from the time you're a toddler, than heading towards gang banging isn't just something you do out of boredom, it's indoctrination. Throwing up gang signs might've been the last or only thing their fathers taught them before their fathers were locked up or killed.

⚡⚡⚡

Pro
Daps
Meanwhile someone like Chief Keef could have built 2 factories in the community to make his own brand of shoes while employing the community and having State wide support.

I thought Keef was banned from Chicago hence the hologram performance that caused a riot in Chicago.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:usure:its square nikkas everywhere, chance the rapper type squares:russ:

nikkas be getting into this shyt by choice, they chose to frontline & make themselves a target...

Everybody is gang affiliated to a certain degree based on where u live at but you don't have to frontline, post up on the block, hang around them nikkas, do shootings, bang on social media etc.

All those activities are by choice..
:usure
The article also mentioned gang members/former active gang members being targeted on their way to work or at work( dude quit culinary school because it was in a rival hood).

Some of them Frontline themselves just by ATTEMPTING to go to work and lead a positive life. What are you supposed to even tell the that person?

"That's what you get for joining the disciples in the 1st place!! :ufdup:"

:hubie:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
So you know how it is and still think everyone can make it out of that type of shyt. Do you understand how many have tried? You know how many fukked up, dumb and young parents are raising these knuckleheads? Chicago is the absolute wrong city to be broke and underskilled in. Just because you made it is not a reason to blame kids for situations they were born into. Not too many could thrive in environmentd like these

Everybody knows the neighborhood has economic deprivation & lack of resources(Which ain't their fault) but i'm talking about senseless killing & destructive behavior that ain't money related.
Don't make your situation harder by banging:yeshrug:I had to wake up & realize that shyt was voluntary & wasn't gone get me no where...

I was born into same situation, I still live in the hood.. 119th off halstead.

Gangbanging is by choice. No matter what excuses people bring up..

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This post is absurd. You really expect a 21 year old gangbanger and high school dropout to have this mentality or train of thought? There are square nikkas who wouldn't even think like this :dahell:
To take it a step further he was only 16/17 when he got the deal and when "Don't like" dropped. He was literally just a Teenager.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
:usure
The article also mentioned gang members/former active gang members being targeted on their way to work or at work( dude quit culinary school because it was in a rival hood).

Some of them Frontline themselves just by ATTEMPTING to go to work and lead a positive life. What are you supposed to even tell the that person?

"That's what you get for joining the disciples in the 1st place!! :ufdup:"

:hubie:

That come with the territory of doing bad & having a history....Its called karma:hubie:..

With that being said,

Do like I did delete that IG, FB, Twitter etc.. Delete Everything..

Move somewhere where u don't have enemies & where people don't know you.. Different part of the city, Family in a different state.

Stop socializing with your gang nikkas & stop going in your old gang neighborhood

Stay out the streets & stay low key

:hubie:shyt ain't rocket science

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That come with the territory of doing bad & having a history....Its called karma:hubie:..

With that being said,

Do like I did delete that IG, FB, Twitter etc.. Delete Everything..

Move somewhere where u don't have enemies & where people don't know you.. Different part of the city, Family in a different state.

Stop socializing with your gang nikkas & stop going in your old gang neighborhood

Stay out the streets & stay low key

:hubie:shyt ain't rocket science
If potentially getting killed for doing right and turning your life around is karma, than what's the point of trying to turn it around and do the right thing?

They might as well quit their jobs stay posted on the block and accept their fate. Right?

:manny:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
If potentially getting killed for doing right and turning your life around is karma, than what's the point of trying to turn it around and do the right thing?

They might as well quit their jobs stay posted on the block and accept their fate. Right?

:manny:

We talking about people who kill people :francis:some these nikkas made their bed & need to have enteral sleep in it..
But if they wanna leave the life, its up them..

They might as well quit their jobs stay posted on the block and accept their fate.

Also that shyt ain't fair to the citizens that live in these neighborhood, the world don't evolve around nobody.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Everybody knows the neighborhood has economic deprivation & lack of resources(Which ain't their fault) but i'm talking about senseless killing & destructive behavior that ain't money related.
Don't make your situation harder by banging:yeshrug:I had to wake up & realize that shyt was voluntary & wasn't gone get me no where...

I born into same situation, I still live in the hood.. 119th off halstead.

Gangbanging is by choice. No matter what excuses people bring up..

It is a choice but what if it is your only choice? You have generation after generation living in poor conditions, lacking education, never moving from the neighborhood or even traveling outside of the city. That will produce a child who is looking to get money and in his mind originally, he THINKS he will leave once he gets enough money. I can bet at the beginning stages all they think about is moving out of Chicago but then you realize you cant. You can leave because you were not provided a proper education (through no fault of your own most times), your family has no money and you're scared of leaving this comfort that has been created by your great granny on down and fostered by familiarity with your own neighborhood. You need to continue to provide for yourself and your family and you cant go out town and just start selling drugs and remember you cant get a job to take care of yourself with the level of education/criminal background you've earned. You become stuck in violence that you have now normalized. I have been getting really involved in my community and I hear these stories and its familiar to me but is so fukking scary now that I am a adult. Those kids have real psychological problems that are misdiagnosed as them being violent savages. Imagine being 11, 12 yrs old and seeing death EVERYDAY.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
some sad shyt in there

For some, there was admittedly a lack of motivation to job-hunt. For others, criminal records got in the way. Kaos said he had been turned away by Walmart, Walgreens, Footlocker and others. One in four adults in this neighborhood has not graduated from high school, and the unemployment rate is 33 percent, two and a half times the citywide rate.
Even when Kaos landed a job, there were complications getting there. Riding public transportation can make gang members easy targets for rivals.

But the alternatives are tough, too: Kaos had recently gotten a job with a company baking pastries for international flights, but he quit after three days because he wouldn’t be paid until after his second week, he said, and he didn’t have gas money to get to work. And in a neighborhood where people haggle over dollar bills, he did not have anyone to borrow money from.
grand nubia

is the answer

yall need to save them

bored broke armed is a terrible mixture

its time the community ban gangs

There is nothing good about gangs with the murders of innocent lives

Seems gang members need to be placed intro a 360 program to re integrate them into normal society

There has to be some honor instead of violence to / from amongst gang members

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
This post is absurd. You really expect a 21 year old gangbanger and high school dropout to have this mentality or train of thought? There are square nikkas who wouldn't even think like this :dahell:

I just ignore the shyt he posted.....he putting the blame on keef like someone like chance couldn't do the same shyt.....That whole factory shyt is easier said than done