Boxing Reigns Supreme over MMA | Ronda Rousey K.O

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
It's funny cause on this board MMA gets bashed often. More than a lot of other sports. And some of that bashing does come from boxing fans here.

Last edited:

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, totally devoid of bringing up the Ronda Rousey K.O on ESPN firsttake. So much so, they took a day off and let their substitutes do their job.

And they were terrible too, all reactionary about the situation and i'm pretty sure they bought onto the Ronda Rousey hype train.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Proof? I doubt that.

On this board I rarely, if ever see MMA fans shyt on boxing. Most of the posts regarding boxing are nothing but respect.

fukk a message board in the media every goddamn day

Ronda said she could beat mayweather

Dana white cosigned her

she getting roasted period

also you got that moron in the fight thread talking about Ronda lost because she decided to "STAND AND TRADE" with boxer

don't even want to give credit to ronda's grappling being rendered useless by footwork

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
fukk a message board in the media every goddamn day

Ronda said she could beat mayweather

Dana white cosigned her

she getting roasted period

Like I've been saying, the majority of educated MMA fans respect boxing a lot. There are some insecure fans out there who do take shots at boxing, no doubt.

bright black

All Star
Daps
rousey/mma fans have a lack of respect for boxers(fighters)...the foolishness about ronda beating floyd is the proof...ronda's skills couldnt stop holly from fukking her up and people still think ronda can beat floyd...disrespectful and stupid...floyd is bigger..faster..stronger..and is arguably the most skilled boxer ever...bbbut ronda would take him down...:comeon:...floyd is also a fighter and a professional...he wouldnt get into a fight with knowing the rules..objectives..and opposition...he would prepare for the fight like any other and would have a plan if he went down and had to get back on his feet...him being faster and stronger makes it more than likely the fight goes his way...i dont think anybody in mma is prepared to handle people like holly and floyd...rousey fans/mma people still say size..speed..and strength isnt an advantage like skill and think ronda could dominate a man that is twice her weight and can deadlift 800lbs..so it could just be they dont respect common sense ...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I've been saying, the majority of educated MMA fans respect boxing a lot. There are some insecure fans out there who do take shots at boxing, no doubt.

MMA man fans started the boxing is dead shyt, blah, blah blab etc

know you wanna act brand new

I remember when I told Mcgregor would be champ because of his boxing, he knew how to place his punches

you laughed saying he was overrated and lose when he fought a good wrestler

he fought the best wrestler in the division and knocked him out with a 1-2,

stop acting like this shyt is coming out of left field, this is reaction from the media, most mma fans shyt on boxing that's just a fact

people in this very forum have said ronda could beat mayweather lmao or laila ali lmao

just stop it with the bullshyt

dana white was making his fighters cosign these thoughts

Jon Jones on national TV said Ronda could be mayweather and admittedly apologized, because he damn well what the truth was

this arrogance you always show, sums up MMA fans in general, a bunch of know nothings, worst than music snobs who collect vinyl

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holly Holm's footwork and boxing skill was a major factor in her win, but boxing alone is not what won the fight. She was amazing at stopping takedowns, and when she was taken down she was amazing at escaping the armbar attempt. Holly even took Ronda down once which was very surprising. She also threw a few oblique kicks and landed a big sidekick to ronda's face, eventually finishing the fight with that crazy high kick. GSP's trainer did a good video explaining Holly's grappling ability to stay out of trouble.

What's interesting is that Ronda's first amateur fight was in 2010, and Holly's first MMA fight was in 2011, so they basically started doing MMA around the same time. Plus Holly's trainer from the time she was 16 has been Mike Winkeljohn at Greg Jackson's MMA, who is an old school kickboxer. The guy literally fought Jean Claude Van Damme's brother from the movie Kickboxer, in real life. Before Holly started boxing, her base was kickboxing. And who knows how long she has been training grappling for.

At the core of what they are, Ronda is a Judoka, and Holly is a Kickboxer. But it was Holly's ability to be a good enough grappler and nullify Ronda's strength that allowed her to fight using her Standup advantages.

MMA isn't about what art form is better anymore, it's about who is the best artist. Fighters are becoming more well rounded as the sport gets older. In the next few years your gonna see guys who have been training all aspects of MMA from the time they were children. As opposed to the past, where you's see guys who only did wrestling/bjj/judo for the first 25 years of their life, and then learned how to punch and kick to do MMA.