Boyce Watkins Article Does It Again--Blames Black Women for the Breakdown of the Black Family

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
A lot of women do think this. BUT, in their defense, sometimes their backs are against the wall. Having babies is something most women dream about their whole lives. When they get to those mid 30's, panic starts to set in if they are not in a serious relationship. Biologically they are compelled to get knocked up now or forget ever having children. Tough choice.
All black women aren't having kids at 35 though. They're much younger. At that point to they're the single woman with 2 or more kids we try to stay away from (at least here on the Coli). They're just not making good decisions at 25 or younger.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
women get blamed for everything. I thought men were the leaders. I surely don't want to be lead by someone that will point the finger at me if he does something wrong.
just get back in the kitchen

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
All black women aren't having kids at 35 though. They're much younger. At that point to they're the single woman with 2 or more kids we try to stay away from (at least here on the Coli). They're just not making good decisions at 25 or younger.

hey whoa, I make great decisions tyvm

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will have to read the article first before giving my opinion on this. But overall let's not candy coat this shyt when it comes to couples. We live in a microwave society where everyone ants theirs.

Back in the day people got married in order to have sex....with birth control sexual revolution jokers will fukk before even committing in a relationship. Jokers will move in together before even considering marriage. Add to the fact that we as black folks treat marriage like a plague and you have some fukked up shyt.

We as people have to understand marriage is one the best ways to raise kids because it actually protects the money because dudes usually are less likely to leave then in a basic relationship. Plus there are rules and laws built in to protect the wife financially. Marriage also helps build wealth because two people are putting their money together and growing it.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Agreed. I should have made it clearer that I was talking about the older women. Yeah there are a lot of 20 somethings becoming baby mommas for the fukk of it. Shyt, teenagers for that matter.