BREAKING: Chip Kelly and Gators in serious discussions to become next HC

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Saban had no recruiting connections in Bama prior to going there and the same with Meyer in coming to UF. If you win, recruits will come. Its that simple.

Plus it's easy to hate recruiting if you're based in Eugene, Oregon havibg to fly to Florida to recruit as oppose to being based in Florida. Easier to get recruits to UF than it is to Oregon
WTF?
Saban got Jamarcus out of Alabama when he was at LSU.
Saban had his recruiting connections still intact when he came back to college after his stint with Miami.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Only way I can see this working out for Chip, if its true, is he is going to have to hire Trooper Taylor as an assistant head coach who enjoys going out and recruiting.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I like Frost too but I think his heart is in Nebraska and that’s where he’ll end up

Frost just bought a home and had a kid in Orlando this past week. If he goes anywhere, its to UF. If not, he'll stay at UCF for another couple of years. Apparently he really does love it there.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
WTF?
Saban got Jamarcus out of Alabama when he was at LSU.
Saban had his recruiting connections still intact when he came back to college after his stint with Miami.

So what about Urban Meyer the when he came to UF?

Yall overstating this recruiting stuff. I noted earlier in this thread (or the other one) that if UF keeps their best recruiters on staff, recruiting will be fine. We had a top 10 class NOW and this was with Horse teeth as HC. Why? Causs he had an ace recruiting staff. Again, it's easier to get recruits to come to UF than it is to get em to Come Oregon.

But watch this is all for not and we hire somebody underwhelming. Just watch

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl

Yall overstating this recruiting stuff. I noted earlier in this thread (or the other one) that if UF keeps their best recruiters on staff, recruiting will be fine. We had a top 10 class NOW and this was with Horse teeth as HC. Why? Causs he had an ace recruiting staff. Again, it's easier to get recruits to come to UF than it is to get em to Come Oregon.

Urban had possibly the best coaching staff since the U in the 80s, it's ALL on the staff hires . Mcilwain was doomed from the start with his crony hires. fukk him

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The only team that operates at Chip's pace is Syracuse, and look at how they play teams that completely overmatch them at every position.

Plus, on top of the pace, and of course the talent available already at UF and that can be drawn there, calling plays in the no-huddle is chess. Yeah everyone can emulate the moves, but the spread-option (just like the option) is about calls, counter calls, and counter calls to counter calls. It's about setting traps for the opposing DC and thinking plays ahead of him.

THAT is Chip's strength, and why he has insisted on calling plays throughout his career. It's why Helfrich failed miserably despite copying Chip's entire process. It's why Malzahn is who he is. It's why Bobby Petrino (different offense but still, a brilliant play caller) lights up the scoreboard wherever he goes. Introduce a new concept and everyone has it in their playbook within a few weeks. But setting it up, executing it, and following up through playcalls is the real art, and it's why Chip back in the college game is a problem for anyone.

In Chip's last yr Oregon averaged 20.5 seconds between plays.

Last year, 11 teams averaged that or less. This is from 2016:

TempoTop20.png

The game has changed. Obviously, as you can see there Oregon's offense was getting plays off as fast as ever, but the results weren't the same. Part of that is because Helfrich ain't Chip Kelly, but the other part is that defenses have caught up to it. In 2010 when Oregon really got rolling nobody knew wtf to do to stop the no-huddle. Now that everyone runs it, it's easier to slow down.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Chip is most likely going to replace the whole staff though, also the infrastructure that McElwain had was terrible if the reports of how he ran his camps and how his staff treated recruits is to be believed.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
What about him?
UF had infrastructure built up by a great recruiter in zook, even if he was a subpar coach, for Urban to tap into, plus Urban is a good recruiter himself.

Zook wasn't recruiting our class that would be the 06 class. My overall point is that if you have a great staff in place who can recruit, like UF currently does, having a HC who isnt the greatest recruiter isn't that big of a deal.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Chip is most likely going to replace the whole staff though, also the infrastructure that McElwain had was terrible if the reports of how he ran his camps and how his staff treated recruits is to be believed.

Recruits love our staff :why:

This is well documented. You dont sign the cats we have committed atm if they don't like the peeps recruiting them.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chip is a great college offensive coach. Im all for this as long as he doesnt touch the defense or recruit soft offensive linemen. We can finally get an offense :blessed: