BREAKING: Jay-Z x Roc Nation launch TV production division

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I've always been confused why people worry so much about this. Why does the percentage of ownership matter in this context? Jay could open a charity giving a million kids a full ride to college and people would be on some " I wonder how much of that charity he owns? Probably like 3%:stopitslime:"

Word.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I've always been confused why people worry so much about this. Why does the percentage of ownership matter in this context? Jay could open a charity giving a million kids a full ride to college and people would be on some " I wonder how much of that charity he owns? Probably like 3%:stopitslime:"

Because we own so little of what we create. Same way Roc Nation is a joint venture owned in part by Live Nation. It's a pride in seeing Black owned businesses because you aspire towards what you see.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Because we own so little of what we create. Same way Roc Nation is a joint venture owned in part by Live Nation. It's a pride in seeing Black owned businesses because you aspire towards what you see.
:gucci: why do you care how another man chooses to run his business? Start a black owned business and grow it. fukk does Jay z percentage in a business have to do with black owned business as a whole. Dude probably doesn't want the risk sowhat

breally

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is a black man who is an entrepreneur. Do you have any idea about risking all you have to make an idea work? The richest people leverage their brands or professional experience to allow them to use OPM to make their ideas work. Only on the internet can someone begrudge Jay-Z for not owning all of his businesses outright.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I don't see why he doesn't just add more video content to Tidal.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It's not a channel that they're launching breh..

It's a TV Production division.

So let's say Joe Budden creates a new Everyday Struggle concept.
They can SELL that concept to channels anywhere in the world that want to have it.
Not just the US, but also Europe, Asia etc

For example: Dancing With The Stars is a concept. It's simply sold globally

There is a ton of money to be made in TV production
If they can shoot a show or series and pitch it they win especially if the show is successful. Hope it works out.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TV is super risky to jump into in the internet age...Revolt is struggling. Hopefully they just make it a premium channel like STARZ
they ain't making a channel they are gonna make pilots.

and no shyt revolt is struggling it is basically almost only on comcast as far as i know too. it was legitimately only created due to a media merger.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Joins BBC’s ‘Noughts & Crosses’ Series (EXCLUSIVE)

Jay-Z’s Roc Nation and Participant Media have joined the eagerly anticipated TV adaptation of Malorie Blackman’s popular novel series “Noughts & Crosses” as exec producers. Roc Nation will also handle the soundtrack for the show, which is set in an alternate world where there is a ruling class of people of African descent and white people suffer discrimination and prejudice.

Patrick Reardon will exec produce for Roc Nation. Jay-Z’s company will release the soundtrack to the series. “We are thrilled to partner with Mammoth Screen and Participant Media on this series, which explores issues of race and discrimination through such a provocative and unexpected lens,” Reardon said.

Jonathan King, president of narrative film and television for Participant Media, said: “When we saw ‘Noughts & Crosses,’ we were captivated immediately. Music and popular culture are huge parts of the fabric of the show, and we couldn’t be more excited that Roc Nation is joining the team.”