• Total voters

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
NETFLIX AND MVP ANNOUNCE MVP’S YOUNG PHENOM H2O SYLVE VS. ‘KID AUSTIN’ FLOYD SCHOFIELD TO STREAM EXCLUSIVELY ON NETFLIX ON SATURDAY, JULY 20

Two of boxing’s best lightweight prospects, MVP’s H2O Sylve and Texas’s own ‘Kid Austin’, Floyd Schofield, put their undefeated records on the line to face off in 10-round lightweight bout on the undercard of Paul vs. Tyson at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas

Mexico’s former WBC middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. makes long awaited return to the ring to face UK UFC star Darren Till in a cruiserweight undercard bout

Netflix and Most Valuable Promotions (MVP) today announced that MVP’s undefeated young phenom H2O Sylve (11-0, 9 KOs) will face fellow undefeated top prospect Floyd “Kid Austin” Schofield (17-0, 12 KOs) in a clash of two of boxing’s best lightweight prospects. The 10-round lightweight battle will take place on the Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson and Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano undercard on Saturday, July 20 as the two up-and-coming stars put their undefeated records on the line early in their careers, breaking the boxing mold to differentiate themselves and help grow the sport. Joining Sylve vs. Schofield on the undercard will be veteran Mexican cruiserweight and former WBC middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (53-6-1, 34 KOs) vs. UK UFC star Darren Till in Till’s professional boxing debut following his tremendous UFC career, which garnered the fighter 18 wins inside the cage, including 10 knockouts and 2 wins by submission. The fight will be a 6 round cruiserweight bout, contested at 190lbs. Paul vs. Tyson will stream live globally, exclusively on Netflix from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. Over 120,000 fans have signed up for presale access, a testament to the unprecedented immense global demand and excitement for the Paul vs. Tyson heavyweight mega-fight and Taylor vs. Serrano, the most-anticipated rematch in women’s boxing history. Fans can still sign up for advance presale access here.

H2O Sylve, MVP’s undefeated 20-year-old phenom from Long Beach, California, returns to the ring following his 10-round bout against Brazil’s Estivan Falcao on MVP’s Most Valuable Prospects V in February 2024. The fight marked a step up in class for Sylve and followed his thrilling knockout of veteran William Silva on the Paul vs. Diaz card in August of 2023. Now, Sylve, ESPN Ringside's 2022 Prospect of the Year, will look to test himself against a fellow world-class boxing prospect in Schofield, as both set their eyes on becoming a title contender in the near future. Sylve signed with MVP in 2022 and has been training in boxing since age 6 under his father Ivan.

“I can't wait to step into the ring with ‘Kid Austin,’” said H2O Sylve. “He's just another stepping stone on my path to greatness and when I'm done with him, he'll wish he never signed the contract. It’s an honor to fight on this historic card and on Saturday, July 20th, over 270 million fans can tune in on Netflix and 80,000 more fans live at AT&T Stadium will have the opportunity to see me take care of ‘Kid Austin’ once and for all. Thank you to MVP and Netflix for this once in a lifetime opportunity.”

No stranger to overcoming adversity, 21-year-old Floyd “Kid Austin” Schofield Jr. battled through poverty and homelessness to become one of the hottest world title contenders in the lightweight division. A pugilist working out of Davies Boxing and Fitness in San Antonio, Texas, his training and sparring resume features a long list of current and up-and-coming world champions. Schofield made his professional debut on October 9, 2020, with a skilled knockout over Richard Esquibel. Since then, he has quickly built out his undefeated, professional portfolio with a series of knockout wins. In March 2024, Schofield successfully defended his WBA International Lightweight title against the unconventional Esteuri Suero, who was disqualified in the fifth round for a low blow, point deductions and poor sportsmanship in the bout.

"Being on a card of this magnitude is very important to me," said Floyd Schofield Jr. "I've worked super hard to get to fights like these, and now it’s time to show what I got. I step into that ring undefeated, and I will leave undefeated. H2O may doubt me, but he’ll soon realize he is facing an unstoppable force. This is my moment, and I look forward to showing the world what Kid Austin is capable of."

Joining Sylve vs. Schofield on the undercard will be a 6-round Mexico-UK battle between boxing veteran Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and UK UFC star Darren Till who will make his professional boxing debut on Saturday, July 20. Chavez Jr., the Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico native and son of former three-division world boxing champion Julio César Chávez, “El Gran Campeón Mexicano,” the greatest Mexican fighter of all time. Chavez Jr. began his professional career with an impressive undefeated streak across his first 47 fights. Chavez Jr. climbed the rankings and became the WBC middleweight world champion in 2011, before being defeated by Sergio Martinez in Chavez’s fourth title defense in 2012. Chavez Jr. went on to reclaim regional titles and later won the WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight title and last fought in his hometown of Culiacan with a UD win over David Zegarra. In June 2021, Chavez squared off with MMA star Anderson Silva, suffering a narrow split decision defeat and now looks to set the record straight as he takes on another MMA star in Till.

“I'm excited to return to the ring after some time off, and I'm motivated and eager to reestablish myself as one of the greats,” said Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. “I was the first Mexican middleweight champion in the history of Mexico and want to prove that I can again become a champion. My return to the ring at this historic event is an honor. On Saturday, July 20, I'm going to win by KO and continue my journey.”

“I am confident that my son Julio is focused, and I'm excited about that,” said “El Gran Campeón Mexicano,” Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. “This is his moment to make a statement, together on the same card with my friend Mike Tyson. I will be there by my son's side when he wins. He has a lot of boxing left in him and he will prove it on July 20th!”

Facing down Chavez Jr. on Saturday, July 20 will be UK UFC legend Darren Till, who will make his professional boxing debut on the Paul vs. Tyson undercard. Till, the 31-year-old star from Liverpool, England turned pro in Muay Thai at just age 15 and went on to train across Brazil and the UK in MMA. From 2015-2022, Till was a standout in the UFC, collecting 18 wins inside the cage, with 10 coming by way of knockout and two by submission. Till fought in both the welterweight and middleweight divisions and challenged for the UFC Welterweight Championship in September 2018. In February 2023, Till requested release from the UFC to pursue his interest in boxing and now trains with UK boxing legend and former WBO light-middleweight title holder Liam Smith. He is managed by three-time super-middleweight world title contender Paul Smith. Till will make his professional boxing debut in a 190lb cruiserweight bout against Mexican star Chavez Jr.

“I’m very happy to be a part of this event. Paul vs. Tyson is going to be one of the biggest events of our generation, and to make my professional boxing debut on it is brilliant, said Darren Till. “I’m very happy with my opponent. I’ve been a fan of his father for many years and I’ve been a fan of Chavez Jr. too - he is a great fighter who I respect, but make no mistake about it, I am coming to knock him out in the first round. I am happy with where I am in life, and I am coming to make a statement on Saturday, July 20th in Texas.”

“Paul vs. Tyson and Taylor vs. Serrano will be epic bouts that captivate audiences worldwide, and we’ve worked diligently to create an unforgettable event that will leave fans on the edge of their seats. We’re thrilled to announce two additional fights that perfectly complement our main card,” said Jake Paul and Nakisa Bidarian, co-founders of Most Valuable Promotions. “H2O Sylve vs. ‘Kid Austin’ Floyd Schofield will be a battle showcasing the future stars of boxing. These two young stars are disrupting the sport of boxing by putting their undefeated records on the line against each other so early in their careers, to evolve the sport and set an example for other prospects. We are also excited to have Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. make his long-awaited return against UFC star Darren Till, in a Mexico vs. UK showdown. Chavez Jr. will be looking to silence the critics following his loss to Anderson Silva, while Till, training with UK boxing great Liam Smith, intends to show the world he’s a real threat inside the ring. The biggest event in modern boxing history just got bigger, and we can’t wait for fans to watch on Saturday, July 20 live, exclusively on Netflix from AT&T Stadium."