BREAKING: The Los Angeles Lakers dismissed coach Darvin Ham: Candidates Mike Budenholzer, Kenny Atkinson, and JJ Redikk

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
What do you expect from the team next season
It depends on the direction this FO decides to go.. If they go all in on Trae Young it'll be a disaster, if they get D Mitch then I expect a potential top 5 seed with a 2nd round or WCF appearance, if they go all in on trying to get better role players I expect a play in seed yet again and hoping for better matchups

Coach Bud is probably the best options available and I don't even really like him.. His scheme is basically Darvin's but at least he is an actual coach who will be functioning on the sidelines

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you get hired to coach a team that's in a WIN NOW mode with a star player in his late 30's and you don't win... what do you think is going to happen :mjlol:

Ham should've known what it was the moment he decided to take the job. What... do you expect him to be around for a rebuilding team? NO. They didn't hire him for that.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
It depends on the direction this FO decides to go.. If they go all in on Trae Young it'll be a disaster, if they get D Mitch then I expect a potential top 5 seed with a 2nd round or WCF appearance, if they go all in on trying to get better role players I expect a play in seed yet again and hoping for better matchups

Coach Bud is probably the best options available and I don't even really like him.. His scheme is basically Darvin's but at least he is an actual coach who will be functioning on the sidelines
See, now we talking..

A player like Donovan fits perfectly with Lebron..but how could they get him?

Donovan my fav player btw

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
They get an extra 2 1st round picks if I’m not mistaken.. you’d have to package Reaves in the deal in addition to that plus more

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
They get an extra 2 1st round picks if I’m not mistaken.. you’d have to package Reaves in the deal in addition to that plus more
That's the one player I wouldn't want to give up.

Another reason why the JHS pick was so bad. If we had Cam Whittemore. We probably could offer Gabe and Cam instead of Reaves.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
That's the one player I wouldn't want to give up.

Another reason why the JHS pick was so bad. If we had Cam Whittemore. We probably could offer Gabe and Cam instead of Reaves.
Yeah you probably could have done that.. JHS is probably a negative asset at this point

Reaves would have to be included in any deal for another star.. teams probably wouldn’t talk to the Lakers unless he was included

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Yeah you probably could have done that.. JHS is probably a negative asset at this point

Reaves would have to be included in any deal for another star.. teams probably wouldn’t talk to the Lakers unless he was included

I'm not one to hype up Reaves like he's untouchable.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If JJ Reddikk actually ends up the coach of the mf Los Angeles gotdamn Lakers lol

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I'm not one to hype up Reaves like he's untouchable.
He shouldn’t be if for the right guy.. Reaves is who he is

He can be an average defender but his offense suffers. An issue is you need a good defensive guard to play alongside Reaves but idk if the offensive production and playmaking is worth it for him being the #3

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
If you get hired to coach a team that's in a WIN NOW mode with a star player in his late 30's and you don't win... what do you think is going to happen :mjlol:

Ham should've known what it was the moment he decided to take the job. What... do you expect him to be around for a rebuilding team? NO. They didn't hire him for that.
problem is its a perception that lakers should win right now, in reality they lack the personnel to do so. AD is always hurt and often gets punked by contemporary bigs, and Bron is not in his prime (obviously) anymore. Guys like Dlo and Reaves are sieves on defense and the FO traded away all their defensive guys who werent a complete shytshow offensively.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

And how exactly do you think the Lakers are going to get those players?