BREAKING: Trump now officially moves to end DACA, wants congress to replace the policy March 2018

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What's the difference between this and the DREAM act? I was smashing this mexican chick and the only reason she was legal in this country is because of one of those pieces of legislation. But she's 100% Americanized. You wouldn't know that she could be sent back if the laws changed if you hung out with her.

at least she had the sense to appreciate Obama and shyt on Trump every chance she could.​

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
What's the difference between this and the DREAM act? I was smashing this mexican chick and the only reason she was legal in this country is because of one of those pieces of legislation. But she's 100% Americanized. You wouldn't know that she could be sent back if the laws changed if you hung out with her.

at least she had the sense to appreciate Obama and shyt on Trump every chance she could.​

lol, that's most "dreamers". They're Americanized, raised in the United States.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I'm not dumb. I know the White House is using this as a political ploy....

BUT THE FACTS ARE THERE...ITS TRUE. Its ALL true.

Economists Say We're Nearing 'Full Employment.' That Obscures the Reality in Black America.

'Full Employment' Has Not Reached Black America

Andre Perry
Andre Perry is a David M. Rubenstein Fellow in the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution. His research focuses on race and structural inequality, community engagement, education, economic inclusion and workforce development.

Sep 4, 2017

Jobseekers wait in line for the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. career fair in New York, in April 2012. Lucas Jackson/AP
Economists are hailing the promise of a new national statistic. But the declaration belies the reality for black and brown people across our largest cities.

The new unemployment numbers are out and despite a significant slowdown in hiring in August, the U.S. is nearing a state of “full employment.” After reaching a 16-year record low unemployment rate of 4.3 percent, we moved up a tenth of a percent. If you live in certain cities and if you’re black you probably missed the good news. Nevertheless, there’s an emergent discourse around our below-5 percent unemployment rate, which economists deem as full employment.

A recent Reuters article citing a sharp decline in home sales offered a caveat: “The housing market remains underpinned by a strong labor market, which is near full employment.” A CNBC article quoted a Goldman Sachs economist as saying the job market is doing so well it could "overshoot" full employment. If you heard the term but felt removed from the conversation, don’t worry.

We have more jobs in the U.S. than we have people to fill them. This is what economists mean by full employment and it should be a cause for celebration. When more people are working, wages increase—especially for low-wage earners, according to a Federal Reserve report. Very low unemployment (referring to people who do not have a job, but have been actively looking for work in the past four weeks) can foreshadow price inflation as employers make up for lost profits due to increased personnel costs. Consequently, the Federal Reserve can increase interests rates as an attempt to curtail that behavior, but in general the more people working the better it is for families, communities and the country.

However, the discourse on full employment not only masks severe racial disparities in employment in different cities, it accepts social inequality as a given.

In Chicago, blacks are 52 percent of the people who are considered unemployed and post a 12.7 unemployment rate.
That’s in comparison to whites who are 16 percent of the total number unemployed and have a 3.5 percent unemployment rate, according to data compiled by my colleagues at the Brookings Institution, a nonpartisan think tank. In Baltimore, blacks are the majority of the population, are 81 percent of the unemployed, and have a 9.5 percent unemployment rate compared to whites, who are 11 percent of the unemployed but have a 2.7 percent unemployment rate.

If such high levels of black unemployment are part of the criteria for “full employment,” then this is unacceptable. African Americans can’t be the sacrificial lambs of the labor force.

In theory, higher rates of unemployment can and do also exist in different regions or cities while the country is in a state of full employment. But there doesn’t seem to be an escape for black and brown folk. What’s happening in Baltimore and Chicago occurs across the country. Moving from one city to the next can be like jumping out of a frying pan and into another. This is why eliminating racial inequality should be a national priority. Structural inequality and racial stratification stifle social mobility.

Since the feds are colorblind when considering how to adjust interest rates to full employment (they still mainly consider the horribly blunt national unemployment rate), and because most who are in the conversation are gainfully employed, the language of full employment covers up the serious problem of racial inequality. The jargon of full employment masks the substantive racial disparities that economists are seemingly willing to live with.

But the issue is less about semantics and more about determining the federal government’s responsibility when blacks and other groups pay the price for full employment by any other name. In other words, if the cost of doing business is black unemployment, then what services and supports is the country obligated to provide to blacks?

Jared Bernstein, senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, has offered no less than reparations as an obligation to people trapped outside of full employment. In an American Prospect article this summer, he wrote, “Bold ideas like a federal job guarantee and Medicare for All would, if enacted and realized, substantially reduce disparities in unemployment and health outcomes by guaranteeing that every American had access to a job and health care.” Bernstein and Spielberg also recommended raising the minimum wage to $15 by 2024 and expanding the safety net programs of SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, and the Earned Income Tax Credit.

If we accept racialized exclusion as a condition of full employment, then we must accept a permanent safety net.

As a small first step, let’s be mindful of our words. What does full employment really mean to a black man in Baltimore? If you’re going to use the term full-employment loosely, then follow it up with Bernie Sanders talk—free healthcare for all. We simply can’t accept racial inequality as a condition for full employment.

@Y2Dre @Shook @Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @bdizzle @satam55 @Houston911 @Sagat @Trajan @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Diasporan Royalty @MalikX @The Black Panther

Pretend black people want to be maintenance men and maids like its the 1940's again yall. I mean you have the mechanic trade too, but I love this line that 7% of our work force is out of work, so for us its an epidemic. For whites its 6% but because its more of them its natural..........:laff:.......if every black ain't work we failing as a race, if every white ain't working......its cause they have options

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Endorse our people begging whites for low wage demeaning jobs that only starving Mexicans will work brehs...........

I'm not.

Systemic racism, lack of generational wealth, and limited access to resources all have a larger impact on the black community.

They also have greater explanatory scope as to why black unemployment is so high. Focusing on illegal immigration is straining on a gnat and swallowing a camel.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Before you think I should disagree with Obama read this post as well: http://www.thecoli.com/posts/26224056/

Immigration can be a controversial topic. We all want safe, secure borders and a dynamic economy, and people of goodwill can have legitimate disagreements about how to fix our immigration system so that everybody plays by the rules.

But that’s not what the action that the White House took today is about. This is about young people who grew up in America – kids who study in our schools, young adults who are starting careers, patriots who pledge allegiance to our flag. These Dreamers are Americans in their hearts, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper. They were brought to this country by their parents, sometimes even as infants. They may not know a country besides ours. They may not even know a language besides English. They often have no idea they’re undocumented until they apply for a job, or college, or a driver’s license.

Over the years, politicians of both parties have worked together to write legislation that would have told these young people – our young people – that if your parents brought you here as a child, if you’ve been here a certain number of years, and if you’re willing to go to college or serve in our military, then you’ll get a chance to stay and earn your citizenship. And for years while I was President, I asked Congress to send me such a bill.

That bill never came. And because it made no sense to expel talented, driven, patriotic young people from the only country they know solely because of the actions of their parents, my administration acted to lift the shadow of deportation from these young people, so that they could continue to contribute to our communities and our country. We did so based on the well-established legal principle of prosecutorial discretion, deployed by Democratic and Republican presidents alike, because our immigration enforcement agencies have limited resources, and it makes sense to focus those resources on those who come illegally to this country to do us harm. Deportations of criminals went up. Some 800,000 young people stepped forward, met rigorous requirements, and went through background checks. And America grew stronger as a result.

But today, that shadow has been cast over some of our best and brightest young people once again. To target these young people is wrong – because they have done nothing wrong. It is self-defeating – because they want to start new businesses, staff our labs, serve in our military, and otherwise contribute to the country we love. And it is cruel. What if our kid’s science teacher, or our friendly neighbor turns out to be a Dreamer? Where are we supposed to send her? To a country she doesn’t know or remember, with a language she may not even speak?

Let’s be clear: the action taken today isn’t required legally. It’s a political decision, and a moral question. Whatever concerns or complaints Americans may have about immigration in general, we shouldn’t threaten the future of this group of young people who are here through no fault of their own, who pose no threat, who are not taking away anything from the rest of us. They are that pitcher on our kid’s softball team, that first responder who helps out his community after a disaster, that cadet in ROTC who wants nothing more than to wear the uniform of the country that gave him a chance. Kicking them out won’t lower the unemployment rate, or lighten anyone’s taxes, or raise anybody’s wages.

It is precisely because this action is contrary to our spirit, and to common sense, that business leaders, faith leaders, economists, and Americans of all political stripes called on the administration not to do what it did today. And now that the White House has shifted its responsibility for these young people to Congress, it’s up to Members of Congress to protect these young people and our future. I’m heartened by those who’ve suggested that they should. And I join my voice with the majority of Americans who hope they step up and do it with a sense of moral urgency that matches the urgency these young people feel.

Ultimately, this is about basic decency. This is about whether we are a people who kick hopeful young strivers out of America, or whether we treat them the way we’d want our own kids to be treated. It’s about who we are as a people – and who we want to be.

What makes us American is not a question of what we look like, or where our names come from, or the way we pray. What makes us American is our fidelity to a set of ideals – that all of us are created equal; that all of us deserve the chance to make of our lives what we will; that all of us share an obligation to stand up, speak out, and secure our most cherished values for the next generation. That’s how America has traveled this far. That’s how, if we keep at it, we will ultimately reach that more perfect union.

#

:whew:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Pretend black people want to be maintenance men and maids like its the 1940's again yall. I mean you have the mechanic trade too, but I love this line that 7% of our work force is out of work, so for us its an epidemic. For whites its 6% but because its more of them its natural..........:laff:.......if every black ain't work we failing as a race, if every white ain't working......its cause they have options
WTF are you talking about:what:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The article you cited, even the red highlighted sections, does not address the impact of immigration on black unemployment. :cambybp:
No you're choosing to not make the connection:yeshrug:

It's not the only reason but you guys act like they have absolutely no negative impact on our people

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
What everyone here fails to realize about "latinos" is every mexican is a latino, not every latino is a mexican.

Puerto ricans, Dominicans, Brazilians, Chileans, EVERY south American country is Latino.

All their kids, who were born here and are Americans, ARE LATINOS.

Its not Juan and Jose working at your favorite restaurant that is the ones voting (illegals cant vote lol) its the LatinAmeric00ns doing the voting.

Like I said some of my mexican-american cousins support this fukking idiot (military cousins) and I condemn them for this very reason.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
No you're choosing to not make the connection:yeshrug:

It's not the only reason but you guys act like they have absolutely no negative impact on our people

I'd just like to see clear, concise facts on the relative impact illegal immigration has on the black community. :ld:

I'd definitely like to see facts on how ending DACA would be a boon for the black community. :ld: