BREAKING: Trump now officially moves to end DACA, wants congress to replace the policy March 2018

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Human beings are truly fascinating creatures..

I'll leave this here

C78RK9P.gif

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
My point is, if we ended both legal and illegal immigration tomorrow, I don't believe things will happen the way you think things will happen. Racist whites aren't going to stop with immigrants, their next targets will be black citizens. They will become more emboldened than ever to oppress us.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't see that happening. Neither of us have a crystal ball, so your intuition is as good as mine.

But I appreciate the respectful conversation!

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't agree with y'all on this thread at all. I came to America with my family from Nigeria when I was just 8 months old. We were political refugees escaping the Abacha regime. I grew up knowing a lot of Africans who were illegal, including some of my relatives and one of my little sister's closest friends. Many Nigerians came to the states through DACA. Undocumented immigrants aren't just Latinos, they're Africans, West Indians, Asians, Eastern Europeans, hell even Canadians..i can't rock with this "fukk immigrants, fukk refugees" shtick. It effects a lot of people, even people who look like you.
not our problem

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
OK, so White Americans are, on the whole, pretty racist. Is that news to anyone? I think most of us would be more surprised if they turned out not to be.

The reality is that none of us can ever really know what's in someone else's heart. What I am confident about is that legal and illegal immigration have done enormous damage to black people's economic prospects. That's something concrete that I can do something about.

Prove it. How has it?...Like when exactly did whites stop becoming the ones who held US back..and immigrants become the enemy. The same nikkas that preach separation now want to be part of the fold becaise they hate Mexicans too. All of a sudden whites aint that bad compared to these Hispanics....the sad thing is them using black empowerment to do it...dont mask ya hate brehs...this whole thread is one black washed storm front post....

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:please explain more (genuinely interested, not debating or arguing against it)
Latino/ Hispanic is purely a political group. It doesn't serve the needs of different communities.

It's easy to have issues go unheard when you group people like that.

Your Hispanic base is internally conflicted because different nationalities and ethnicities have different goals.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Honestly, rich getting richer.

They get immigrants out and they'll have more of a stronghold than they have ever before.

They're not going to give you the money nor the power when those higher-end jobs some immigrants occupy are open. They're taking that for themselves.

When you run things, you also write the rules. That's just facts.

The irony though is if immigrants become more rare, employers would be more likely to "trust" them more when they're looking to give a person of color a job. On some "They've been through a lot while you've been given a golden spoon living in America your whole life." shyt that narrative exists now, how much more when there's less of them? The well skilled and educated immigrants will stick out. Remember, scarcity creates value.

Short term, whites are going to pull those jobs left open. In the long term immigrants are going to be seen as "more deserving" due to their "perseverance." If anything, now is the right time to grab a job with immigrants being perceived as a threat by selling your patriotism. If you don't have any skills nor education right now though, don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My point is, if we ended both legal and illegal immigration tomorrow, I don't believe things will happen the way you think things will happen. Racist whites aren't going to stop with immigrants, their next targets will be black citizens. They will become more emboldened than ever to oppress us.
good luck trying to deport us when we've been here longer than most of them. but lets not pretend immigrants are some kind of buffer from white oppression. most of them try their hardest to jump on the white supremacy train. plus foreigners being here directly affect black employment.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So congress has 6 months to do what exactly?
Basically if your DACA status ends in 6 months, then you have 1 month to reapply for another 2 year stay from deportation.

The Trump administration announced today it is ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era program that was shielding about 800,000 young unauthorized immigrants from being deported. [CNN / Tal Kopan]
  • DACA specifically protected many immigrants known as DREAMers, who were brought to the US as young children. The program was meant to keep young people from being deported so they could go to school, get jobs, and become productive members of US society. [Vox / Dara Lind]
  • As part of its strict immigration agenda, the Trump administration said it would end the program, but allow for six months for people who are already DACA recipients to apply for another two-year renewal. [Washington Post / David Makamura]
  • People not already in the program who wanted to apply are out of luck; today was the last day for the government to accept applications. [Vox / Dara Lind]
  • That means young immigrants may potentially be able to buy some time until Congress is able to pass comprehensive immigration reform. There are already three bills shaping up that could save DREAMers from deportation — and there's support from key people in leadership, like House Speaker Paul Ryan. [Politico / Nolan McCaskill]
  • But Congress has tried and failed many times to pass comprehensive immigration reform over the years, so it’s still a big if, especially given the fact they also have pressing things like the national debt ceiling and hurricane relief to pass first. [Vox / Jeff Stein]
  • Immigration reform that gives DREAMers a path to citizenship has support from members of Congress on both sides of the aisle — and apparently, Trump supports the concept as well. On Tuesday night, the president told reporters he has “great love” for DACA recipients and said he hopes Congress will act in the next six months. [Associated Press via Twitter]

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
good luck trying to deport us when we here longer than most of them. but lets not pretend immigrants are some kind of buffer from white oppression. most of them try their hardest to jump on the white supremacy train. plus foreigners being here directly affect black employment.

They don't have to deport us, they can oppress us in other ways. Many alt-reich Trump supporters believe the Civil Rights Acts is unconstitutional, on some "Government can't tell me who I can and can't hire" type shyt. You really naive to think after ending immigration they won't start chipping away at black rights?

Don't get me wrong, as I've posted in here I have no sympathy for groups who shyt on blacks then want us to support their causes, but I still know who the number one enemy is.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They don't have to deport us, they can oppress us in other ways. Many alt-reich Trump supporters believe the Civil Rights Acts is unconstitutional, on some "Government can't tell me who I can and can't hire" type shyt. You really naive to think after ending immigration they won't start chipping away at black rights?

Don't get me wrong, as I've posted in here I have no sympathy for groups who shyt on blacks then want us to support their causes, but I still know who the number one enemy is.
they've already chipped away at most of our rights; and immigrants have collectively stood silent.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Prove it. How has it?...Like when exactly did whites stop becoming the ones who held US back..and immigrants become the enemy. The same nikkas that preach separation now want to be part of the fold becaise they hate Mexicans too. All of a sudden whites aint that bad compared to these Hispanics....the sad thing is them using black empowerment to do it...dont mask ya hate brehs...this whole thread is one black washed storm front post....
Can't more than one thing hold a people back?

Why can't it be white racism AND illegal immigration AND out of control H-1B visas AND birth tourism AND a terrible trade policy AND the war on drugs AND trillions on idiotic wars AND terrible schools AND...

And whoever said that immigrants are the "enemy"? I'm saying that legal and illegal immigration directly harms the interests of working and middle-class black Americans. I'm not advocating a war - just that our existing immigration laws be enforced, and that a few new ones be passed to ensure that we never get to this point again in my lifetime. I'm assuming by your post that my politics may hurt you, members of your family, or people that you know - and I own that.

All of us choose where to focus our political energies based on our own personal criteria. For me, its immigration and trade. That doesn't mean I don't also care about all of those other issues - just that these are the two topics I am most interested in and feel most confident discussing.