BREAKING: Trump now officially moves to end DACA, wants congress to replace the policy March 2018

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Ok sir

As a black man that witnessed on the news white Trump supporters beating up fellow black men, and then seeing Trump flip-flop and stall about calling out the racists and basically blaming both sides and saying he understands and agrees with the protestors re: the statue.. how do you feel about that?

FDR-LBJ, you are referring to Presidents?

Illegal and legal immigration greatly benefits the working class because

A) many of them do the jobs the middle class does not want to do and would never want to do
B) the illegal immigrants contribute to society and the economy by spending their money in the US. If they would not exist taxes for legal Americans would simply be higher because all of a sudden a lot of income would be missing. When an illegal immigrant buys something and pays tavvxes over it, it is income for the government - without them they'd still want the same amount of money and would tax the legal working middle class for it
C) the former mayor of LA was on CNN saying illegal immigrats contributed billions of dollars to the economy of California

Happy to discuss

I'm also genuinely curious how you think Trump has done the last 9 months

First off, I appreciate the respectful tone. I assume most of us are here to actually learn something from one another (even if it's only the way that our political opponents may think), and flame wars don't get us anywhere.

I'll leave the discussion of Trump's performance for another thread, but in short, I've been pretty disappointed with him thus far, for a variety of reasons that would only distract from this thread's focus on immigration.

In response to your arguments:

A) This is patently false. Plenty of Americans would be happy to mow lawns, perform childcare duties, hang drywall, tar roofs, and even pick strawberries. What they aren't willing to do is perform these tasks without a wage commensurate with the effort expended.

B) Illegal immigrants cost the government more in tax revenue than they generate. Additionally, sure its beneficial to "the economy" to have more people spending more money - that simply raises total GDP. But my quality of life isn't determined by total GDP - its determined by per-capita GDP, and even more importantly, by the sorts of goods and services I'm able to purchase given my wages. The existence of illegal immigrants inflates rents, and especially in major metro areas where most of the jobs are in the first place. This directly lowers my standard of living if I'm a renter. The existence of illegal immigrants depresses my wages if I work in a sector that they participate in, as a greater supply of labor means that wages fall.

C) Of course they contributed billions of dollars to the economy of the state of California. They also cost it billions of dollars in health care expenditures, school funding and infrastructure maintenance. The distribution of benefits and costs when it comes to illegal immigrants are incredibly lopsided - essentially, the upper middle class and capital owning class get cheap, compliant labor, while the working and middle class are immiserated by skyrocketing housing costs, cratering wages and punishing commutes.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I can already tell you're going to come back with, "We're not talking about deporting Native Americans"

I'm not going to bother continuing a conversation with a guy who's openly supporting one of Donald Trump's blatantly racist policies.

Mexico owned Texas and California, the two largest states after Alaska. They were certainly "In North America" a lot more than the Europeans like Donald Trump, whose family came here less than a hundred years ago. Now they're the ones telling people to leave.
What race is targeted, if this is racist?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Q: "Why should anyone be exempt from the law?"
A: Because the law is corrupt.
Whats wrong with producing one of these?

190px-Mexican_passport.jpg

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What are you talking about?

Take a critical look at the American justice system and tell me it's fair and balanced, and not discriminatory toward non-whites. That's all I'm saying. You asked "Why should someone be exempt from the law?" And I answered, because I don't think that American laws are just. And if laws are unjust, then are they really laws?

Then I add the fact that America in the late 20th century overthrew several countries in Central and South America, the effects of which created countries which were/are rampant with crime, no thanks to our foreign policies.
Everyone has a story :camby:

BTW, refugees are granted legal status ...they're not illegal immigrants.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Mexicans are Central American descendants. Your peoples were not in North America. And if so, Aztlan (that's what y'all call it right :mjlol:) was nowhere near the original 13 colonies.

Learn basic geography before you call anyone stupid.

That's like people from Afganistan saying they have a claim to Israel. People from Norway having a claim to Spain. People from Cambodia having a claim to Japan.

And as recent as one week ago, a Mexican artist went on air calling Reggaeton "Ape music" :mjlol:

Save the crocodile tears and buy a neck pillow for the ride back.
Ask them what happens when they don't show up with one of these:

190px-Mexican_passport.jpg

and wonder how they're going to get through one of these:

customs3n-2-web.jpg

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
What are you talking about?

Take a critical look at the American justice system and tell me it's fair and balanced, and not discriminatory toward non-whites. That's all I'm saying. You asked "Why should someone be exempt from the law?" And I answered, because I don't think that American laws are just. And if laws are unjust, then are they really laws?

Then I add the fact that America in the late 20th century overthrew several countries in Central and South America, the effects of which created countries which were/are rampant with crime, no thanks to our foreign policies.
full

Daps
Reppin
NULL
all statistical surveys shows illegal immigration hurting blacks the most. where are you getting your sources?

Real Life.... what jobs are immigrants taking... and what wage are they working these jobs... also, what proof do you have that if immigrants weren't here, that these jobs would be filled with black employees earning a livable wage..... the history of capitalism in America says otherwise...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real Life.... what jobs are immigrants taking... and what wage are they working these jobs... also, what proof do you have that if immigrants weren't here, that these jobs would be filled with black employees earning a livable wage..... the history of capitalism in America says otherwise...
they are taking low skill jobs that use to goto younger or unskilled blacks. like warehouse, fastfood, construction jobs. their children (who shouldnt be here either) are taking jobs from college educated blacks.

i already saw the shift in cali first hand. where young black adults were suddenly changed with older hispanics. all of a sudden being bilingual became a major requirement.

How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America

http://dailysignal.com/2017/02/19/h...s-according-to-civil-rights-commissioner/amp/

Expert: Amnesty, illegal immigration, hits black wages hardest

Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration

better yet, show me your sources that blacks arent negatively affected by immigration. we'll save the discussion about their social impact on black communities for later

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are taking low skill jobs that use to goto younger or unskilled blacks. like warehouse, fastfood, construction jobs

Wrong..... inner city blacks used to work these jobs for decades.... and warehouse, construction gigs during the 70s to 90s fed a lot of black families...... and I mean fed us good in a lot of cases....