Brehs 25 and over do you still rock “street wear”

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Coli brehs hella outta touch once again. :mjlol:Streetwear is definitely the hypebeast shyt like Supreme, Off White, VLone, Bape etc. All that 90’s and 2000’s shyt (i.e. rapper owned brands like Rocawear and State Property as well as stuff only black folks mostly from the hood wore like Avirex and Coogi) was urban wear and urban fashion been dead since the mid 2000’s. :usure: The void in urban wear has caused black folks in the hood to act like Gucci, LV, Moncler, Balenciaga, Burberry and Dior is urban wear. And those Eurocac companies responded how they felt about that with all those black face designs a couple years back. :mjpls:

That being said, mainstream streetwear is gentrified and cringe just like the sneaker game has become. :unimpressed:But streetwear was never rooted in the black community. Streetwear was rooted in the skate scene. It was influenced by Hip Hop, but not born out of it. Stussy some skateboarder cac shyt from the beach in LA. Supreme and Palace are skate brands at the end of the day. And streetwear brands are run off hype and logos. The best streetwear ironically is collabs with more established brands or ripoff designs of established brands. For example, most of the fly Supreme shyt is a collab with North Face or Schott leathers. And most of Bape sneakers are a ripoff of AF1’s and Dunks.

I design my own streetwear. Custom varsity jackets, jerseys and New Era fitted caps. Stuff inspired by my upbringing in the hood in then Bay when streetwear was turfed out Starter coats and custom snapbacks.:birdman: Because I don’t wanna be caught dead in the same thing as some corny ass Harrison Nevel cac. Y’all rocking streetwear? Y’all from the streets? :dahell:Where? fukk outta here. :childplease:

And most streetwear enthusiasts today have no style. All they know is overpriced resale value hoodies with logos and overpriced resale value sneakers and whatever goofy shyt trending like bell bottoms. If you got style, you can make anything look fly. :smugdraper:

do you understand the term "street wear" came from? WE started that. black people will turn anything to street wear

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yes :win:

Dc03w3mXkAAuISo.jpg

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I rock whatever looks good. Not a brand whore. But do you if you want to walk around looking like Kevin Samuels because he said it is not cool to wear sneakers and crew necks and instead rock a turtle neck with some Chelsea boots.

I’m getting some Chelsea’s strictly for the night time lol been contemplating them shyts for five years finally tried some on I actually like em. I think it’s cause I’m older now lol 28 man shyt just hit different these days

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m getting some Chelsea’s strictly for the night time lol been contemplating them shyts for five years finally tried some on I actually like em. I think it’s cause I’m older now lol 28 man shyt just hit different these days

Nothing wrong with chelsea boots I wear them to work. Just dont look down on somebody because they prefer to rock sneakers with their jeans or wear a graphic tee.