Brehs.. are we Dropshipping or nah? Is anybody already doing this on here?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I’m reading The 4-Hour Workweek (which is all about creating a business that allows you to be wherever you want to be while caking up - so of course having an Online business is where it’s at).

In my pursuit of the right business to provide both complete financial and location freedom, I’m looking into Dropshipping brehs:

For those who don’t know Dropshipping.
  • You create an Online store, from what I see I’d go for Shopify
  • You feature products on your store
  • You drive traffic to your store
  • Somebody orders a Product for e.g. 50 USD
  • You then order the Product from a Supplier, the supplier is usually in China
  • You pay the supplier e.g. 30 USD for the Product
  • The Supplier sends the product to the customer in e.g. the US or Europe
  • You pocket 20 USD as revenue
  • You may spend money on Facebook ads or other things to drive traffic, but your 20 USD - marketing cost per paying customer = your profit. So you need to make sure that the marketing costs never exceed the difference between what you charge the customer and what you pay the supplier.
It probably isn’t easy BUT with the right hustle mindset, it could be the key to making it your main income and no longer depending on someone to pay you a salary.. it seems like worth a shot.

If anybody is on this yet, do you have experiences to share with us?

It’s 2018 - we gotta get to the money.

:dame:

Daps
I’m reading The 4-Hour Workweek (which is all about creating a business that allows you to be wherever you want to be while caking up - so of course having an Online business is where it’s at).

In my pursuit of the right business to provide both complete financial and location freedom, I’m looking into Dropshipping brehs:

• You may spend money on Facebook ads or other things to drive traffic, but your 20 USD - marketing cost per paying customer = your profit. So you need to make sure that the marketing costs never exceed the difference between what you charge the customer and what you pay the supplier.
It probably isn’t easy BUT with the right hustle mindset, it could be the key to making it your main income and no longer depending on someone to pay you a salary.. it seems like worth a shot.

Thought about it, but intimidated... I don’t trust the Chinese

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

Damn you swear you me right now. I'm listening to the 4 hour work week audio on youtube every night. Its pretty dated but its still packed with gems. I too am working on an e-commerce store so I will share my thoughts. Dropping isn't dead per se but its definitely on life support. Amazon is an absolute beast and they are basically trying to kill off small ecommerce stores.

Dropshipping can take 2-4 weeks for delivery in most cases. Everybody is spoiled with AMZ Prime's 2 day shipping so they aint going for that.

You best believe if there is a profitable product being manufactured over seas somebody has already put in a $10k+ order getting an unbelievably low cost per unit which would make it practically impossible for small investors to compete. Then on top of that once the product gets to the states they give away hundreds of units for free just to get reviews.

The only way the average man can compete in ecommerce with these deep pocket mofos is 1) Diferrentation- creating a new product or enhancing an existing product which would include high upfront cost of molds and patents etc. 2) Branding/niche marketing-selling private product with excellent marketing.

But as far as dropshipping is concerned the numbers just don't make since anymore with Amazon carrying just about anything that is produced on the planet. Feel free to PM me.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

But if you really want to try dropshipping check out Oberlo Dropshipping – Find Products to Sell on Shopify With Oberlo!

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Damn you swear you me right now. I'm listening to the 4 hour work week audio on youtube every night. Its pretty dated but its still packed with gems. I too am working on an e-commerce store so I will share my thoughts. Dropping isn't dead per se but its definitely on life support. Amazon is an absolute beast and they are basically trying to kill off small ecommerce stores.

Dropshipping can take 2-4 weeks for delivery in most cases. Everybody is spoiled with AMZ Prime's 2 day shipping so they aint going for that.

You best believe if there is a profitable product being manufactured over seas somebody has already put in a $10k+ order getting an unbelievably low cost per unit which would make it practically impossible for small investors to compete. Then on top of that once the product gets to the states they give away hundreds of units for free just to get reviews.

The only way the average man can compete in ecommerce with these deep pocket mofos is 1) Diferrentation- creating a new product or enhancing an existing product which would include high upfront cost of molds and patents etc. 2) Branding/niche marketing-selling private product with excellent marketing.

But as far as dropshipping is concerned the numbers just don't make since anymore with Amazon carrying just about anything that is produced on the planet. Feel free to PM me.

None of this is true. Ive been drop shipping profitably for months now. I own Shopandlive.com, feel free to ask any questions

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
None of this is true. Ive been drop shipping profitably for months now. I own Shopandlive.com, feel free to ask any questions
Breh your store isnt making any money. Stop it. And yes I have the resources to prove you aren't.

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fraud Chargebacks and Customer Service are the hidden monsters that can crush you in this venture.

The E-myth >>>> 4 hour work week

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I trust Kitely. It's a british company but they been pretty fast on my all over printed shirts. Beach towels, not so much.

The dropshipping is something that adds "some" options to my normal customers outside of my books.

I make an average of a 70% margin on those and a 250% margin on my books. After advertising cost, i really dont make money on dropshipping unless its an upsell.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Drop shipping has low barrier to entry which means everyone and their mother is your competitor. Entering a saturated market with low barriers to entry is always a bad idea. Doing so as a quick cash grab is the worst idea of all, because you couldn't start off in a worse position. If one has the hustle and bravery to start a business, why not start one where you actually add value and have a competitive advantage rather than a saturated one with low barriers to entry? The only singular reason to do so is because one couldn't think of a better idea. And that's a bad reason to get into any particular business.