Brehs, Govenor Desantis got miami Hispanics throwing Democrats in the Bushes... 2024

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Obama won Dade County and Florida though. There were democrat politicians less popular with Cubans in Miami than Obama. And yes, if you flee a leftist country, then you’re gonna have reservations and ideological differences with politicians who push leftist policies, especially if republicans are doing the groundwork. And thirdly, if you are a Dem and you see working class Hispanics voting republican in large droves, then why would it bother you if Cubans practice “La chusma” if the Latinos who they don’t want entering are gonna flip to republicans anyways? I say let them regulate their demographic.
I was on miami reddit and they broke down what happen, long story short republicans been putting in that ground work, democrats don't, end of story. Also the democrat candidates they had sucked, one was a republican-lite and the other was a cop.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
it's hard to find a difference in this day and age
Republicans today are more reactionary and populist than truly conservative.

"Conservative" is just part of the branding. They'll flip flop on any issue depending on whether it benefits them or not.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I agree they are not. The point is most Florida hispanics will support the more conservative side, regardless of who Black folks vote for. They are not voting conservative to spite Black folks.
Right. Obama literally had a decent Hispanic push in Florida in 2008 and 2012. He doesn’t win Florida without at least garnering a decent amount of Hispanic voters. It’s not as simple as “voting blacks out”. Because I guarantee if a dark skinned Sammy Sosa looking anti communist, pro conservative Latino version of Herschel Walker was running, he’d get that push too. Even the Latinos who are politically moderate, aren’t gonna give much of a damn about identity politics. Miami is already 70% Hispanic. They don’t need a politician who’s gonna be pro immigration. Most are catholic and evangelical. They don’t need a politician who’s gonna be all about identity politics(abortion, trans issues). They’re are a lot of Latin business owners in Florida, and they want lower taxes, big house, big car, just run of the mill capitalism. They vote on self interest.

Last edited:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Right. Obama literally had a descent Hispanic push in Florida in 2008 and 2012. He doesn’t win Florida without at least garnering a decent amount of Hispanic voters. It’s not as simple as “voting blacks out”. Because I guarantee if a Sammy Sosa looking anti communist, pro conservative Latino version of Herschel Walker was running, he’d get that push too. Even the Latinos who are politically moderate, aren’t gonna give much of a damn about identity politics. Miami is already 70% Hispanic. They don’t need a politician who’s gonna be pro immigration. Most are catholic and evangelical. They don’t need a politician who’s gonna be all about identity politics(abortion, trans issues). They’re are a lot of Latin business owners in Florida, and they want lower taxes, big house, big car, just run of the mill capitalism. They vote on self interest.

The DNC talking heads on CNN and MSNBC still have the "POC Coalition" mentality and expect that Hispanics will be loyal to the DNC the same way Black folks have been. They try to shame them into voting for the DNC while refusing to understand those things in your post.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Republicans today are more reactionary and populist than truly conservative.

"Conservative" is just part of the branding. They'll flip flop on any issue depending on whether it benefits them or not.
but most "liberal" issues they are against though, at least the MAGA hick republicans are, most republicans elected in the midterms are more of what we know before Trump came aboard

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Hispanic is a wide ranging group of people who don't even like each other.
This. Hispanics are divided culturally, geographically, and even racially. They have no real "unity" except in language and business.

Even within the same group, when I lived in San Antonio, it was Tejanos or Texan Mexicans who would make "wetback" or mojado jokes. They were worse than White/Black Texas when it came to that shyt lol. Also, Island born Puerto Ricans can't stand Nuyoricans and the newer wave of Cuban immigrants are apparently getting some hate in Miami.

"Unidos Hispanos" is a lie.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
When Nicaraguans started coming in the 80s, Cubans gave them a slur: tira flecha (arrow thrower)
Because to them, Indian is synonymous with dumb, backward, uncivilized, heathen...etc etc the usual colonized mindset that has endured for 500 years
Never mind the Nicaraguans were fleeing a civil war and a communist regime, while the Contras were Reagan's "freedom fighters." They were first and foremost "Indios" to the cac Cuban Miami power structure.
Cubans also forget that before they took over in the early 80s (Mariel, Cocaine Cowboys era), this was common when whites lived in Miami:

0k3fjkdtv2421.jpg

Cubans paid them back with sheer numbers, and white people left Miami. Cubans eventually took control of all the levers of power. How many immigrant communities can say they have multiple Congressmen and a Senator who explicitly look out for their interests above all else?
So yeah, Dems should definitely keep running with the "BIPOC LATINX COALITION" winning strategy here.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
Hispanic is a wide ranging group of people who don't even like each other.

This is wishful thinking but Latinadad is embraced more than ever especially culturally with the youth.

I think anyone hoping for widespread schism will be disappointed. All areas that they dominate point to a collective purpose.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
This is wishful thinking but Latinadad is embraced more than ever especially culturally with the youth.

I think anyone hoping for widespread schism will be disappointed. All areas that they dominate point to a collective purpose.
If you think Miami Cubans, New York Ricans, and LA Mexicans see eye to eye with each other on most things, I've got a bridge to sell you......