Brehs...Help Me With My Weight Goals...:dame:...

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Are you trying to powerlift or body build?

Everyone is different but at 5'8 185 when I am fully carved up I can do 315

Bench Press Standards for Men and Women (lb) - Strength Level

Again, former college sprinter with fast twitch muscle fibers and 20 years of lifting.

So what @tenchi talked about and do some supplemental lifts to get your bench numbers up.

I like doing

3 to 4 sets of 10 on the bench
3 sets of 10 seated flyer
3 sets of 10 cable cross overs
And some tricep pulldowns at the end

Kind of an old school workout.

You should check out the athleanx channel on YouTube for some good chest routines

Props on that link too...so I’m between a novice and an intermediate lifter...you’re damn near elite...:salute:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Don’t worry about what you think you are or what image you’re conveying to others. Follow a specific regimen and track your progress. If you gotta start with the bar by itself so what. Part of why building a superior physique is that it requires a lot of discipline. You’re going to have to scale back on the weed too.

@The ADD what do you recommend for this man?
First and foremost a realistic goal needs to be determined. As a beginner (we all have been) there is no way to make it up the mountain without that first. One hand getting stronger is mentioned and gaining 40 pounds is mentioned.

I’m just going to be honest and say gaining 40 pounds without anabolics is hard as fukk and ripe for failure. I suggest getting on a 5x5 program for 12 weeks, moderate caloric surplus, 200-300 cals per day the first six weeks and see where that goes.

Daps
If you have any workout tips for getting physically stonger...pm me or my email is tripleblackrecords@gmail.com

I’m 146...hard gainer...put on 3 pounds the last month but I wanna get to 210...I’m 5’7...5’8...give or take shoes...lol...

:wtb:...bet not say nuthin’ bout my manlet frame and size..:dame:....:mjcry:...

...:wow:

Aim for 165 to 175 lbs first. I'm close to your height at 5'8". I graduated high school at 145 lbs, but have ranged from 135 as a HS Junior to 226 last September (been on a long cut, down to 184).

My frame looks best between 160 and 185 lbs. In the 200 lb range, you have to be a genetic freak to maintain the muscle mass and look cut at our height. Not many can do it natty.

Eat healthy but eat more. Most skinny brehs don't eat as much as they think. Skinny dudes can eat a lot in one sitting but usually can't put away the calories like the big boys over an extended period of time. Gain slow and watch the waistline.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
@Kavin The 1 how old are you? It could take you 10 years to put on that kinda weight.
Anyway don't go for a number on the scale go for a look. Carrying around that much weight could kill your joints. Besides being that bulky only makes you look shorter.
Just eat a lot and eat clean as possible. It'll pay off eventually along with putting up the weight. Lift heavy as much as possible as often as possible.
I went from 120 to 165 in 4 years doing that.

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Kavin The 1 how old are you? It could take you 10 years to put on that kinda weight.
Anyway don't go for a number on the scale go for a look. Carrying around that much weight could kill your joints. Besides being that bulky only makes you look shorter.
Just eat a lot and eat clean as possible. It'll pay off eventually along with putting up the weight. Lift heavy as much as possible as often as possible.
I went from 120 to 165 in 4 years doing that.

I’m 37... and 146...I was 125 when I graduated high school...I started benchin’ with 135 and could only do 3 reps the first week...and worked my way up to 6 reps with no spotter...I started out squattin’ 45 pounds...I know it’s not much but I’m a really “tiny” guy...:dame:...some say...:kanyeshrug:

I did some dumbell curls/30lbs to failure/10 reps/3sets...and mixed in some deadlifts and barbell curls...I’m addin’ some weight gainer too...Russian Bear 5000...went from 147 to 165 in 17 days back in 2012 before injuring myself bench pressing...but it will have you shyttin’ somethin’ serious...:pachaha:

This guy here is 5’7...180...do you think he is natural???...:jbhmm:...:dame:

Tryna see if this is a realistic goal naturally...:jbhmm:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It's realistic but at 37, without anabolics................................ehhhhhh

Last edited:

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Aim for 165 to 175 lbs first. I'm close to your height at 5'8". I graduated high school at 145 lbs, but have ranged from 135 as a HS Junior to 226 last September (been on a long cut, down to 184).

My frame looks best between 160 and 185 lbs. In the 200 lb range, you have to be a genetic freak to maintain the muscle mass and look cut at our height. Not many can do it natty.

Eat healthy but eat more. Most skinny brehs don't eat as much as they think. Skinny dudes can eat a lot in one sitting but usually can't put away the calories like the big boys over an extended period of time. Gain slow and watch the waistline.

Yeah...I think I’ll go to 165...175 first like you said...and eating is my achilles heel...I barely have appetite...though I’ve gained a few pounds...I’m gonna eat more healthy and see where this goes...

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m late as hell but why do you have a weight goal? To me weight is a random number. I bet if you came up with a functional goal for example get the ability to bench 315, Squat 405, deadlift 475 your mass will increase a bit...

Also I’m 5’8 205lbs trust me you don’t want to be this heavy. Id rather get down to 180lbs myself but I can’t break 195 for nothing unless I became a cardio bunny. The lightest I have been was 195 and I was on IF for 4 months with a 4 hour eating window and had shyt endurance. In my opinion you should come up with a functional fitness goal and monitor your weight after you reach that goal. You may be surprised at the mass you put on.

Also to get big you need to eat big but also make sure you rest. People neglect sleep.

If you have any workout tips for getting physically stonger...pm me or my email is tripleblackrecords@gmail.com

I’m 146...hard gainer...put on 3 pounds the last month but I wanna get to 210...I’m 5’7...5’8...give or take shoes...lol...

:wtb:...bet not say nuthin’ bout my manlet frame and size..:dame:....:mjcry:...

...:wow:

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I’m late as hell but why do you have a weight goal? To me weight is a random number. I bet if you came up with a functional goal for example get the ability to bench 315, Squat 405, deadlift 475 your mass will increase a bit...

Also I’m 5’8 205lbs trust me you don’t want to be this heavy. Id rather get down to 180lbs myself but I can’t break 195 for nothing unless I became a cardio bunny. The lightest I have been was 195 and I was on IF for 4 months with a 4 hour eating window and had shyt endurance. In my opinion you should come up with a functional fitness goal and monitor your weight after you reach that goal. You may be surprised at the mass you put on.

Also to get big you need to eat big but also make sure you rest. People neglect sleep.

Thanks breh...it’s just the napolean complex in me...:wow:

I’m at 148 and beat my 1 rep max of 155lbs by doing 3 reps...I worked my way up from benchin’ 135lbs...I could only do 3 reps at first...I worked on it for 2 weeks and got uo to reppin’ 155lbs 3 times...I don’t have anymore weights...so I’ll have to buy some more to see what my new 1 rep max is...but I do wanna at least be 185...Bob Sanders is 5’8 206 and it seemed to work well for him...but I’ve never been bigger than 165 with clothes on and that lasted a week after my injury lifting...tryna get atleast another 7 pounds before the month ends...but you’re right...especially the bolded...this is me breakin’ my 1 rep max...

I Beat My 1 Rep Max!!!...:dame:... | www.kavinthe1.com