Brehs im pretty sure i pulled/strained a muscle in my lower back deadlifting

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
One time I attempted a PR and I pulled it good for the first rep but didn't reset properly for a second since I was surprised I pulled the first so well. When I just tried to yank it for the second rep in the split second I knew I fukked up. Took me 7 days to recover.

Another time that wasn't as bad but still strained me involved bouncing/rushing through the reps.

Ultimately, you'd do well to warm up/stretch prior.

I'm at a point where I spend a good 5-10 minutes just warming up and stretching before actually starting anything working out now.

For deads and squats:

• I hang from a chin up bar and twist my torso 5 times in either direction;
  • Spider-Man stretch (if I don't have room to go dynamic I just go static for 5 seconds each side);
  • I grab a yoga stick rest it on my back like you do with the bar for squats and twist to each side;
  • I use the same yoga stick, keep my legs straight and bend over then twist to each side;
That's just some of the stretches I do...its key for a good lift and protecting yourself.

Tonight I'm going to do rack pulls though...I'm deadlifting once a month now only to see how much stronger my lifts are.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This shyt sucks. Any of yall have this happen before?

The Basics of the Psoas Muscle and Related Issues

Some background info on the psoas muscle and how it often relates to back issues. Honestly this is the most important core muscle and stabilizer there is.

The best way to regain lost stability there from a yoga stand point is through Dragon Pose. This should really be part of anyone's routine that's serious about overall health and not just physique.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Risk outweighs the reward.

But if you really wanna add them in your routine, put your ego aside.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Look into the reverse hyper machine and give it a try. It's used to create traction and strengthen your back. It's best for slipped disks. The creator, Louis Simmons from westside barbell, invented it to avoid surgery.

My brother is going through this issue now. He did a McGyvered version of these in the gym for the first time yesterday and he says he can see it will help. I can't speak from experience but anyone I've heard that had back problems that's used it swears by it.

I'm thinking about buying one from rogue fitness for prevention.

Hope all y'all with back problems get relief.

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
i injured my back doing dead lifts exactly a week ago today. went to the emergency room because the pain wasnt going away. i couldnt stand for more than 2 minutes without my foot falling asleep. the doctor said i got piriformis syndrome. so i been doing shyt all except for physio since. pray for me brehs :sadcam:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
WOAT Excercise for me. The posture is so crucial not to fudge up your back.

Last summer I messed up my hips and lower back. Took a month to recover. I go easy on them now but deadlifts are still the worst.