Brehs. Muqtada Al-Sadr is about to be the Iraqi president

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
holy shyt :mindblown:

Could you ever imagine?! :gucci:
Yes I could have imagined because this has happened many times before. Interfering in country's affair and let alone bombing and destabilizing them tends to breed resentment in the populace which in turns leads to leaders arising that appeal to that resentment.

This is just another example. This is the shyt you support btw.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yes I could have imagined because this has happened many times before. Interfering in country's affair and let alone bombing and destabilizing them tends to breed resentment in the populace which in turns leads to leaders arising that appeal to that resentment.

This is just another example. This is the shyt you support btw.
I didn’t support the Iraq War, dummy.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t support the Iraq War, dummy.
Lol you support the international policies that lead to things like the Iraq war.

Also I find it very hard to take your opposition to it seriously. I only think you say you're against it in retrospect because it's the "democratic stance" on the issue NOW but when you take your geopolitical philosophy and put it side by side on the justifications at the time before the lies were known, I don't think you'll find any reasonable person on here who thinks you wouldn't support it at that time.

The point is, even if you say now it was a bad decision, it seems you don't realize why it was a bad decision and seem to want the US to make the same mistakes again.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol you support the international policies that lead to things like the Iraq war.

Also I find it very hard to take your opposition to it seriously. I only think you say you're against it in retrospect because it's the "democratic stance" on the issue NOW but when you take your geopolitical philosophy and put it side by side on the justifications at the time before the lies were known, I don't think you'll find any reasonable person on here who thinks you wouldn't support it at that time.

with that logic you support despots and ethnic cleansing

:smugdraper:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Will he have the support of all three factions within Iraq? IIRC its split pretty evenly between Shia, Sunni, and Kurd?

If he's Shia, does he have connections to Iran? Aka is Iran going to wield influence over all of Iraq again?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Will he have the support of all three factions within Iraq? IIRC its split pretty evenly between Shia, Sunni, and Kurd?

If he's Shia, does he have connections to Iran? Aka is Iran going to wield influence over all of Iraq again?

His coalition is the Sairoon coalition with the Communist Party of Iraq. According to the preliminary results it gained 54 parliament seats. There are a total of 320 seats in the Iraqi parliament and complicated multi-party coalitions are necessary to gain a majority and to elect a new Prime Minister.

The Fatah Coalition headed by Hadi al-Amiri came in second with 47 seats. The Nasr coalition of the current Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is third with 42 seats. The party of former premier Maliki is lagging behind with 25 seats.

He has good contacts with the Saudis (even met the Clown Prince last year). He is disliked by the Iranian government and clerics as an unreliable and unthankful lunatic. The Saudis will likely find, like everyone else before them, that Muqtada is uncontrollable. After this election neither the Saudis nor Iran nor the U.S. will have much political influence in Iraq.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
His coalition is the Sairoon coalition with the Communist Party of Iraq. According to the preliminary results it gained 54 parliament seats. There are a total of 320 seats in the Iraqi parliament and complicated multi-party coalitions are necessary to gain a majority and to elect a new Prime Minister.

The Fatah Coalition headed by Hadi al-Amiri came in second with 47 seats. The Nasr coalition of the current Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is third with 42 seats. The party of former premier Maliki is lagging behind with 25 seats.

He has good contacts with the Saudis (even met the Clown Prince last year). He is disliked by the Iranian government and clerics as an unreliable and unthankful lunatic. The Saudis will likely find, like everyone else before them, that Muqtada is uncontrollable. After this election neither the Saudis nor Iran nor the U.S. will have much political influence in Iraq.

Thanks, rep+dep for the info.

So it sounds like Iraq is governed by coalitions so he won't have free reign. Also seems good that he's actually independent and won't be controlled by Iran or the US.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Thanks, rep+dep for the info.

So it sounds like Iraq is governed by coalitions so he won't have free reign. Also seems good that he's actually independent and won't be controlled by Iran or the US.

One of the most lowkey things that's happened in the last year or so is the Iraqis putting their foot down a bit and beginning to assert their sovereignty.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all President is a ceremonial position in Iraq and reserved for Kurds.

The head of government is the PM, and no Muqtada Sadr cannot become the PM as he hasnt run for a seat himself. If his coalition ends up winning the most seats, he will end up having major influence on who becomes PM, but he will not occupy the position himself.