Broner training for a may 3rd fight who he fighting ?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i don't know what to believe:laff:

Khan has been caught in way too many lies breh.

Lied on Floyd. Lied on Ward. Lied on Alexander. Why wouldnt he be lying on Broner?:heh:

Khan's a liar:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Could it be possible Virgil knew about AB turning down the fight a day before Khan tweeted this??:ohhh:

Tweet memes about a fighters glass jaw N then:whoa:at the option of fighting him at 147:scusthov:

Virgil Hunter's interview was posted on March 3rd.

Khan didnt go on his rampage until March 4th and then posted that on March 5th.

Bottomline, we dont believe Khan, he needs more people:manny:

At least 1 person to confirm he actually reached out, because the media and people involved in the boxing world are all saying different. Only people repeating what Khan said is you, Khan, skip, and merklman:dead:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Khan's lying because HE said he contacted Broner's team.

Nobody from GBP, Al Haymon, Stephen Espinoza, Floyd Mayweather, Adrien Broner himself, or even Virgil Hunter has said this has happened.

Khan has also lied about receiving a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather, sparring with Andre Ward, and about Devon Alexander not wanting to fight him......all within the last 8 weeks:dead:

Espinoza has said countless times the fight wouldnt happen because they are both going to different weight classes. Virgil Hunter said, emphatically, that Khan will NOT be fighting Adrien Broner. Countless legitimate boxing websites have posted that they heard Khan turned down the fight as well.

All I know is as of March 4th, the day AFTER his trainer said:

Khan goes on a twitter rampage and posts things that have never been confirmed. You dont think SOMEBODY that follows boxing would've confirmed that Khan reached out to Broner's Team and was denied for the fight?

Not even Dan Rafael? Steve Kim? Hell, Greg Leon?:russ:

I've never said that Broner doesnt want to fight Khan at 147. I've said that Broner isnt fighting ANYONE at 147 if they cant rematch Maidana on April 19th or April 26th, because that's what his team said back in January. Why are you acting surprised that they are following through on what they said?:dahell:

He's said over and over he signed some form of contract to fight floyd back in October time - where is the confirmation that this is a lie? This seems a similar situation to the first Floyd/Pac negotiations where Floyd signed his part of the contract, but wasnt reciprocated by Pac. (Obviously not on the same levels)

Im surprised because, its Amir Khan they are ducking at 147! REPEAT - AMIR KHAN! If it was a legit dude who was calling him out (thurman/Porter/guerrero/JMM/ etc) then i would say fine, whatever. BUT, Broners who has fought at 147 twice - is too scared to fight Khan there? Khan who looked like trash fighting at 142lbs 11months ago? :scusthov: Khan-Broner is a money fight

And saying that Khan is ducking because he wont fight him at 144? Does broner even want the fight at 144? He's running all the way to 140 like :whoa: . . . . .:aicmon:

BTW -
">March 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was 2 days before Virgil said Khan wont be fighting Broner. Little bro probably told big bro :huhldup::whoa::whoa::whoa:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Went from Amir Khan turned down 144 to Amir Khan is lying he never even hit up team Broner

:deadrose::dead::deadmanny:

Nope:ufdup:

Yall moved the goalposts and I respond to everything:birdman:

On February 28th, it was first posted by the Head of Showtime Sports:
[/URL]

Then Virgil Hunter confirmed and assured EVERYONE on March 3rd that Adrien Broner would not be Amir Khan's next opponent.

All of sudden, you became the biggest backer of Amir Khan and his lies (even though he's been caught numerous times lying) in attempts to throw shade on AB.......I see you:smugbiden:

Somebody turned down the fight at 144, Stephen Espinoza told us that himself on March 3rd - March 5th:

[/URL]

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Then we hear Khan said he called about 147............the fight was brought up as an option at 144. It's obvious who didnt like the weight of 144:heh:

You and Khan both need more people:russ:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
merklman said:
He's said over and over he signed some form of contract to fight floyd back in October time - where is the confirmation that this is a lie?

Breh, if you didnt know by now...........Khan is a HUGE liar. You riding with him without knowing this already?:what:

Here's your confirmation though:mjpls:

FLOYD MAYWEATHER DISPUTES THAT AMIR KHAN HAS SIGNED A FIGHT CONTRACT; 7 QUESTIONS HE WANTS ANSWERS TO
By Ben Thompson | January 03, 2014
floydmayweatherjr12.jpg

Recently, FightHype.com caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather to set the record straight regarding any and all rumors about his future plans. After clearing up the bogus story about a potential 2014 showdown with Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather reversed roles and played the part of reporter, asking me a series of questions regarding the news that former jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan allegedly signed a contract to fight him in May. As Mayweather has repeatedly stated, he has yet to make any decision on his next opponent, so when I brought up the comments that Khan recently made, he told me that if it were indeed true, the answers to the following 5 questions should be known:

1. Where did the contract come from?

Though I'm not an expert on all fight negotiations, I do know that Floyd Mayweather dictates the final terms of any contract that a potential opponent might receive. That being said, when it comes to his fights, all bout agreements are drawn up on his company's letterhead. If Amir Khan hasn't signed a contract from Mayweather Promotions, then he hasn't signed anything that ensures him a fight with the biggest name in the sport.

2. How much money is he getting paid?

Boxing is not called prize fighting for nothing. Naturally, the most important term of a contract that a fighter should be concerned about his guaranteed purse. One would think that if a contract was indeed signed, at the very least, Amir Khan should already know how much he's getting paid; unless, of course, he foolishly signed a blank contract, allowing any low number to be filled in at a later date.

3. What weight is the fight at?

Keep in mind, Floyd Mayweather is the reigning welterweight (147 lbs.) and jr. middleweight (154 lbs.) champion. Though one would assume the proposed fight would likely take place in the 147-pound division, that may not necessarily be true. Either way, the answer to that question should be known if a valid contract has indeed been signed by Khan.

4. Is it a championship fight?

As previously stated, Mayweather currently holds the WBC welterweight title, as well as the WBC and WBA jr. middleweight titles. Having just fought for all three straps in 2013, he isn't required to defend them all when he makes his anticipated return to the ring on May 3. Considering that Khan is not the mandatory challenger for any of the titles, Mayweather is free to decide if he wants to put any of them on the line. Again, either way, the answer to that question would likely be known.

5. What venue is the fight being held at?

Though Mayweather has fought in his hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada for the past 7 years, reports have surfaced revealing that the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York has presented a strong offer to host his next fight. While it's not uncommon for a fight to be signed before the venue is finalized, at the very least, Khan should have some idea of what the status is regarding the location. Is the Barclays Center still in play or will Mayweather once again be fighting in his "home" at the MGM Grand Garden Arena?

Obviously, I didn't know the answers to any of those questions, and if Floyd Mayweather is saying that he has yet to make a decision on his next opponent, then it's highly unlikely that Khan will know the answers either. That's not to say that Khan didn't sign any contract whatsoever. A more likely scenario is that he probably signed a new contract with his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, which states that they will attempt to secure a bout with the biggest name in the sport. That being said, a promotional contract is a far cry from a bout agreement, so if you think that Amir Khan's comments are a sign that he's got next, think again. Mayweather's line of questioning didn't end with Amir Khan. There were two more burning questions that he asked which I had absolutely no answer for.

6. If Miguel Cotto had the WBA jr. middleweight title and Floyd Mayweather beat Miguel Cotto for that title, how did Austin Trout get the WBA jr. middleweight title and end up losing it to Canelo Alvarez?

Miguel Cotto captured the WBA jr. middleweight title back in 2010 when he defeated former champion Yuri Foreman. It was his first fight as a jr. middleweight division, having lost his final bout as a welterweight to Manny Pacquiao. Apparently, that performance alone was enough to convince the WBA to name him their "Super" champion, which essentially allowed them to free up their non-Super title in hopes of collecting more sanctioning fees. Cotto would go on to defend his WBA "Super" jr. middleweight title two more times before ultimately losing it to Floyd Mayweather. Meanwhile, Austin Trout became the WBA jr. middleweight champion not longer after Miguel Cotto was elevated to "Super" champion. After capturing the title from Rigoberto Alvarez in February of 2011, he successfully defended it four times before losing it to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in April of 2013. So when Mayweather squared off against Canelo last September, it created a scenario where both titles, the WBA jr. middleweight title and the WBA "Super" jr. middleweight title were on the line. Obviously, Mayweather won that fight, so one would think that he now holds the distinction of being the one and only true WBA jr. middleweight champion. Well, think again, because recently, Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout squared off for the "interim" WBA jr. middleweight title. Lara won that fight, and from what we're told, Mayweather's non-Super WBA jr. middleweight title will be declared vacant. If it all sounds confusing, that's because it is, and that's why it's difficult to come up with an accurate answer for the question.

7. How is Manny Pacquiao in a #1 mandatory position to fight for a welterweight title when he just went the distance with Brandon Rios, who was coming off of a loss and had never fought at 147 before?

Pacquiao, who was coming off of back-to-back losses to Timothy Bradley (via split decision) and Juan Manuel Marquez (via knockout), wasn't even ranked in the top 10 by the WBC prior to his fight with Brandon Rios, who was coming off of his own loss to Mike Alvarado (via unanimous decision) and fighting for the first time as a welterweight. Evidently, Pacquiao near shutout victory over the former lightweight champion was enough to earn him a lofty elevation to the #1 mandatory contender status in the eyes of the WBC. While it's not uncommon for sanctioning bodies to drastically shift rankings based on performance, it's still hard to believe that a fighter not ranked in the top 10 was automatically inserted as the #1 contender after winning his first fight in 2 years following back-to-back losses. If it was any other fighter not named Manny Pacquiao, the move might have raised a lot more eyebrows. Nevertheless, it was definitely a question that I didn't have an answer for.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15886.html
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16209.html

Did Khan ever SHOW this contract he supposedly had though.......nope.:mjpls:

You need me to repost Khan lying about sparring with Andre Ward as well?:smugbiden:

Lying on Devon Alexander saying Alexander turned down a fight with him even though Alexander says he never was contacted by Khan or his team. Sound familiar?:youngsabo:

I mean let's be real. Khan is a liar, but yall putting it aside now because you dislike Broner more than Khan. Keep it real:manny:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Breh, if you didnt know by now...........Khan is a HUGE liar. You riding with him without knowing this already?:what:

Here's your confirmation though:mjpls:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15886.html
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16209.html

Did Khan ever SHOW this contract he supposedly had though.......nope.:mjpls:

You need me to repost Khan lying about sparring with Andre Ward as well?:smugbiden:

Lying on Devon Alexander saying he didnt want to fight him?:youngsabo:

I mean let's be real. Khan is a liar, but yall putting it aside now because you dislike Broner more than Khan. Keep it real:manny:

You havent posted anything to show that Khan was lying about the contract :patrice:

You seem to dodge and deflect questions quite a bit :patrice:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You havent posted anything to show that Khan was lying about the contract :patrice:

You dont see that BIG article about the questions Floyd Mayweather wanted Khan to answer if he had a contract:dead:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Once again:

FLOYD MAYWEATHER DISPUTES THAT AMIR KHAN HAS SIGNED A FIGHT CONTRACT; 7 QUESTIONS HE WANTS ANSWERS TO
By Ben Thompson | January 03, 2014
floydmayweatherjr12.jpg

Recently, FightHype.com caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather to set the record straight regarding any and all rumors about his future plans. After clearing up the bogus story about a potential 2014 showdown with Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather reversed roles and played the part of reporter, asking me a series of questions regarding the news that former jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan allegedly signed a contract to fight him in May. As Mayweather has repeatedly stated, he has yet to make any decision on his next opponent, so when I brought up the comments that Khan recently made, he told me that if it were indeed true, the answers to the following 5 questions should be known:

1. Where did the contract come from?

Though I'm not an expert on all fight negotiations, I do know that Floyd Mayweather dictates the final terms of any contract that a potential opponent might receive. That being said, when it comes to his fights, all bout agreements are drawn up on his company's letterhead. If Amir Khan hasn't signed a contract from Mayweather Promotions, then he hasn't signed anything that ensures him a fight with the biggest name in the sport.

2. How much money is he getting paid?

Boxing is not called prize fighting for nothing. Naturally, the most important term of a contract that a fighter should be concerned about his guaranteed purse. One would think that if a contract was indeed signed, at the very least, Amir Khan should already know how much he's getting paid; unless, of course, he foolishly signed a blank contract, allowing any low number to be filled in at a later date.

3. What weight is the fight at?

Keep in mind, Floyd Mayweather is the reigning welterweight (147 lbs.) and jr. middleweight (154 lbs.) champion. Though one would assume the proposed fight would likely take place in the 147-pound division, that may not necessarily be true. Either way, the answer to that question should be known if a valid contract has indeed been signed by Khan.

4. Is it a championship fight?

As previously stated, Mayweather currently holds the WBC welterweight title, as well as the WBC and WBA jr. middleweight titles. Having just fought for all three straps in 2013, he isn't required to defend them all when he makes his anticipated return to the ring on May 3. Considering that Khan is not the mandatory challenger for any of the titles, Mayweather is free to decide if he wants to put any of them on the line. Again, either way, the answer to that question would likely be known.

5. What venue is the fight being held at?

Though Mayweather has fought in his hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada for the past 7 years, reports have surfaced revealing that the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York has presented a strong offer to host his next fight. While it's not uncommon for a fight to be signed before the venue is finalized, at the very least, Khan should have some idea of what the status is regarding the location. Is the Barclays Center still in play or will Mayweather once again be fighting in his "home" at the MGM Grand Garden Arena?
Obviously, I didn't know the answers to any of those questions, and if Floyd Mayweather is saying that he has yet to make a decision on his next opponent, then it's highly unlikely that Khan will know the answers either. That's not to say that Khan didn't sign any contract whatsoever. A more likely scenario is that he probably signed a new contract with his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, which states that they will attempt to secure a bout with the biggest name in the sport. That being said, a promotional contract is a far cry from a bout agreement, so if you think that Amir Khan's comments are a sign that he's got next, think again. Mayweather's line of questioning didn't end with Amir Khan. There were two more burning questions that he asked which I had absolutely no answer for.

6. If Miguel Cotto had the WBA jr. middleweight title and Floyd Mayweather beat Miguel Cotto for that title, how did Austin Trout get the WBA jr. middleweight title and end up losing it to Canelo Alvarez?

Miguel Cotto captured the WBA jr. middleweight title back in 2010 when he defeated former champion Yuri Foreman. It was his first fight as a jr. middleweight division, having lost his final bout as a welterweight to Manny Pacquiao. Apparently, that performance alone was enough to convince the WBA to name him their "Super" champion, which essentially allowed them to free up their non-Super title in hopes of collecting more sanctioning fees. Cotto would go on to defend his WBA "Super" jr. middleweight title two more times before ultimately losing it to Floyd Mayweather. Meanwhile, Austin Trout became the WBA jr. middleweight champion not longer after Miguel Cotto was elevated to "Super" champion. After capturing the title from Rigoberto Alvarez in February of 2011, he successfully defended it four times before losing it to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in April of 2013. So when Mayweather squared off against Canelo last September, it created a scenario where both titles, the WBA jr. middleweight title and the WBA "Super" jr. middleweight title were on the line. Obviously, Mayweather won that fight, so one would think that he now holds the distinction of being the one and only true WBA jr. middleweight champion. Well, think again, because recently, Erislandy Lara and Austin Trout squared off for the "interim" WBA jr. middleweight title. Lara won that fight, and from what we're told, Mayweather's non-Super WBA jr. middleweight title will be declared vacant. If it all sounds confusing, that's because it is, and that's why it's difficult to come up with an accurate answer for the question.

7. How is Manny Pacquiao in a #1 mandatory position to fight for a welterweight title when he just went the distance with Brandon Rios, who was coming off of a loss and had never fought at 147 before?

Pacquiao, who was coming off of back-to-back losses to Timothy Bradley (via split decision) and Juan Manuel Marquez (via knockout), wasn't even ranked in the top 10 by the WBC prior to his fight with Brandon Rios, who was coming off of his own loss to Mike Alvarado (via unanimous decision) and fighting for the first time as a welterweight. Evidently, Pacquiao near shutout victory over the former lightweight champion was enough to earn him a lofty elevation to the #1 mandatory contender status in the eyes of the WBC. While it's not uncommon for sanctioning bodies to drastically shift rankings based on performance, it's still hard to believe that a fighter not ranked in the top 10 was automatically inserted as the #1 contender after winning his first fight in 2 years following back-to-back losses. If it was any other fighter not named Manny Pacquiao, the move might have raised a lot more eyebrows. Nevertheless, it was definitely a question that I didn't have an answer for.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
You dont see that BIG article about the questions Floyd Mayweather wanted Khan to answer if he had a contract:dead:

"I am the one who signed the contract, I've signed my part of the contract, they've not signed theirs."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-fight-floyd-mayweather-waiting-on-american

the fight was done and dusted pretty much . . until the backlash from fans on hearing this was the frontrunner for May 3rd. Do you think Floyd really never saw any contract?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
"I am the one who signed the contract, I've signed my part of the contract, they've not signed theirs."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-fight-floyd-mayweather-waiting-on-american

the fight was done and dusted pretty much . . until the backlash from fans on hearing this was the frontrunner for May 3rd. Do you think Floyd really never saw any contract?

Why didnt Khan ever show proof of this "contract" or answer any of the questions Floyd posed to him then?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Why didnt Khan ever show proof of this "contract" or answer any of the questions Floyd posed to him then?

Beats me. I guess it comes down to if you think he would lie on this or not. :yeshrug:

I cant see him being so stupid as to go around saying he'd signed a contract when he really hadnt . . Like I said its slightly similar to Floyd signing a contract to fight Manny, yet manny's side never mention any signed contract. What is clear is that Khan was shafted by Floyd, even after he won the poll to determine the Mayday opponent. Floyd lies too :ohhh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am still absolutely flummoxed by the fact that @Newzz has spent 5 pages trying to convince people that anyone would duck Adrien Broner.